Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Today is a notable day in the history of the Whitmer administration in Michigan. She actually consulted Republicans in the Legislature regarding how to move forward with fully reopening the state.

    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...an/4886306001/

    From the article: "Whitmer said for her new plan, she took input from members of the Republican-controlled Legislature who have often clashed with her during the pandemic.
    Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey said in a statement that "it took 400 days too long for the governor to be straightforward about how she will navigate this disease."


    Imagine that. She actually spoke with leaders from the opposition, and came up with a mutually agreed upon plan to move forward.

    She may lose her official Democrat Dictator Leader card for this ....
    The future is shaped by your dreams, so stop wasting time and go to sleep

    Comment


    • Liney, this is good news ..... one more example of government over-reach crumbling in the face of reason and the fucking law.

      Good news primarily because the BIg, being led by it's nose through the pandemic by none other than virologist extraordinaire, Mark Schlissel in cohoots with Gretch, will no longer be able to hang it's hat on what the state of Michigan and the U of M says and does as the parties fade into the background of pandemic irrelevancy ..... I hope.
      On Harbaugh's 6 season record: Nobody wants to associate with losers:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Liney, this is good news ..... one more example of government over-reach crumbling in the face of reason and the fucking law.
        What do you mean one "more"? When did we get the first one?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I believe Chairman Joe mentioned last night or very recently that he is going to ban Menthol cigarettes presumably by executive order. First, I find that hilarious as a matter of Constitutional powers. Second, the reason for the ban is because menthol cigarettes have a disparate impact on AAs. Or, put another way, AAs really love menthol cigarettes. That's the stated reason.

          Charles Cooke rips this incoherency apart. https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...c-menthol-ban/

          The proposed "law" literally targets AAs. Specifically. This is literally a "rule on drugs" that is intentionally targeting AAs. Now, of course, Chairman Joe's reasons are, of course, standard White Prog beneveolence -- we must protect the poor AAs from themselves. But, imagine for a second -- just try to imagine -- that a black market for menthols develops. I realize it's unheard of for such things to develop for illegal drugs -- but bear with me. So, a black market develops for menthols. Presumably, it'll be a crime to distribute menthols. Presumably there will be some distinction between having one menthol and 30 cartons. But, the latter will still be subject to punishment of some sort -- if the rule is to have any force. And that rule INTENTIONALLY TARGETS AAs for punishment.

          Now, perhaps he just wants to ban the manufacture of Menthols. Ok, well, let's assume that crazy black market idea again. The costs associated with menthols just went through the roof -- again, the targets are AAs.

          But, fortunately Chairman Joe knows what's best for AAs (and all of us). Black folks, though, should simply bask in his paternal wisdom. That is, of course, why Uncle Tim is so hated -- he refuses to simply bask in the wisdom of his white leaders.
          also included in that ban is a ban on flavored cigars and wraps. Blunt smokers are not happy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I believe Chairman Joe mentioned last night or very recently that he is going to ban Menthol cigarettes presumably by executive order. First, I find that hilarious as a matter of Constitutional powers. Second, the reason for the ban is because menthol cigarettes have a disparate impact on AAs. Or, put another way, AAs really love menthol cigarettes. That's the stated reason.

            Charles Cooke rips this incoherency apart. https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...c-menthol-ban/

            The proposed "law" literally targets AAs. Specifically. This is literally a "rule on drugs" that is intentionally targeting AAs. Now, of course, Chairman Joe's reasons are, of course, standard White Prog beneveolence -- we must protect the poor AAs from themselves. But, imagine for a second -- just try to imagine -- that a black market for menthols develops. I realize it's unheard of for such things to develop for illegal drugs -- but bear with me. So, a black market develops for menthols. Presumably, it'll be a crime to distribute menthols. Presumably there will be some distinction between having one menthol and 30 cartons. But, the latter will still be subject to punishment of some sort -- if the rule is to have any force. And that rule INTENTIONALLY TARGETS AAs for punishment.

            Now, perhaps he just wants to ban the manufacture of Menthols. Ok, well, let's assume that crazy black market idea again. The costs associated with menthols just went through the roof -- again, the targets are AAs.

            But, fortunately Chairman Joe knows what's best for AAs (and all of us). Black folks, though, should simply bask in his paternal wisdom. That is, of course, why Uncle Tim is so hated -- he refuses to simply bask in the wisdom of his white leaders.
            Well we don't want the tobacco stores to be racial jungles now do we?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

            Comment


            • "Most black folks I knew back then who smoked ALWAYS smoked Kool's or Newport's."

              Both of them?

              Comment


              • So on the local news tonight (7 &4)----there were Republican state legislatures complaining that what Gov Whitmer put up for the state is not right and it should be regional and not state wide.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                  So on the local news tonight (7 &4)----there were Republican state legislatures complaining that what Gov Whitmer put up for the state is not right and it should be regional and not state wide.
                  should be regional.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    "Most black folks I knew back then who smoked ALWAYS smoked Kool's or Newport's."

                    Both of them?
                    I attended Flint Community Schools. Figure it out. Probably more integrated than any school you attended in the olden days.
                    The future is shaped by your dreams, so stop wasting time and go to sleep

                    Comment


                    • Pretty horrific...at least 45 people crushed to death in a stampede at a religious festival in Israel. Doesn't seem like there was any bomb or shooter or anything like that, but something got the 100k+ crowd to panic and thousands got injured. They think the death toll could still go up as they find bodies.

                      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56940704

                      Comment


                      • https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...an-forgiveness


                        White Farmers Sue Seeking Government Loan Forgiveness




                        The group of plaintiffs includes farmers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota and Ohio. According to the lawsuit, the Biden administration's COVID-19 stimulus plan provides $4 billion to forgive loans for socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers who are Black, American Indian, Hispanic, Alaskan native, Asian American or Pacific Islander.

                        White farmers aren't eligible, amounting to a violation of the plaintiffs' constitutional rights, the lawsuit contends.

                        “Were plaintiffs eligible for the loan forgiveness benefit, they would have the opportunity to make additional investments in their property, expand their farms, purchase equipment and supplies, and otherwise support their families and local communities,” the lawsuit said. “Because plaintiffs are ineligible to even apply for the program solely due to their race, they have been denied the equal protection of the law and therefore suffered harm.”

                        The U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a statement saying it was reviewing the lawsuit with the U.S. Department of Justice, but that the USDA plans to continue to offer loan forgiveness to “socially disadvantaged” farmers.

                        Comment


                        • The way to end discrimination is to stop discriminating.

                          Comment


                          • OkXG4E93.jpg

                            Comment


                            • No, that’s called justice now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                The way to end discrimination is to stop discriminating.
                                I think that's what Dr. King was saying.

                                Then again, maybe I heard him wrong.
                                The future is shaped by your dreams, so stop wasting time and go to sleep

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X