No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW, St Louis Fed president says he's against another rate cut unless COVID-19 officially turns into a pandemic

Comment

• One of my cousins just opened his second pub in Aberdeen. Wonder if he needs a scotch sommelier?
      That sounds like a far better option than enduring the next 8 months. And then the next 4 years of whatever assclown wins. All I ask is that Justin Fields stay healthy for the entire 2020 season. Gimme that and I'll endure the god-awful end of times election.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My mother and her entire side of the family are dyed-in-the-wool Ds. Total party line. They figure out an issue based on the who's supporting it vs. what the issue is. My wife hates PDJT with a white hot passion. I mean, she's probably legitimately in the derangement area. She probably hates him more than I hate M.

Anywho, they ALL hate the everliving fuck out of Bernie. I think my wife may hate him as much she hates PDJT. My mother said that now she knows what the Rs felt like in 2016. They'll all hold their nose and vote for the fucking Marxist, but man, they really hate him. And they're all deathly concerned that he's going to spawn 4 more years of the Orange Genius.

Meh, Scotland it is!

Comment

• Mick Mulvaney at CPAC says the coronavirus is just a lot of hype generated by the media to "bring Trump down". Says it's no Ebola, SARS, or MERS.

This is wildly irresponsible. Far more people have died in this outbreak than died from SARS. SARS (the 2002-2003 outbreak that everyone references) killed under 1,000 people worldwide. Ebola is gruesome but a grand total of two people died in the US from it, neither of whom caught the disease inside the US, and there were never more than a dozen cases overall. Furthermore ebola isn't anywhere near as contagious as COVID-19 appears to be (Obviously deadlier though)

I'm sorry, complain about Democrats "weaponizing" this crisis all you want, but it's far worse to encourage people to believe that there's nothing to worry about because they're just trying to make Trump look bad.

I might add that Trump was relentless throughout 2014 complaining that Obama was going get everyone killed by allowing ebola patients to be treated in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            My mother and her entire side of the family are dyed-in-the-wool Ds. Total party line. They figure out an issue based on the who's supporting it vs. what the issue is. My wife hates PDJT with a white hot passion. I mean, she's probably legitimately in the derangement area. She probably hates him more than I hate M.

Anywho, they ALL hate the everliving fuck out of Bernie. I think my wife may hate him as much she hates PDJT. My mother said that now she knows what the Rs felt like in 2016. They'll all hold their nose and vote for the fucking Marxist, but man, they really hate him. And they're all deathly concerned that he's going to spawn 4 more years of the Orange Genius.

Meh, Scotland it is!
            Scotland will soon secede from her Majesty's Tyranny and rejoin your beloved EU. Have a great time!

Comment

• Lets see. The current bull market was about twice as long as any other. If a correction is 10%, then a 20% drop should not be unexpected. Currently bleeding to bottom out at 23,000?

"End of times election"....heh.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yeah, with stock market on it's way down to 10,000, I for one, welcome our new Marxist overlords and look forward to my time in re-education camps.

Comment

• I hear they serve awesome brownies. With sprinkles.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I forgot entirely about this:

"If....we....don't...save...net....neutrality....y ou'll....get..the...internet...one....word...at... .a....time" -- Senate Democrats

Another stellar fear-mongering prediction from the Ds--or Ss, I guess. They have quite the track record.

Comment

• You'll learn to love the gruel and patriotic camp songs

Wow, the DOW's only about 100 points away from punching through its 52-week low

Comment

• patriotic camp songs
                        I assume by "patriotic" you mean extolling the virtues of our Marxist forefathers. God knows it won't mean celebrating the United States.

Comment

• Songs extolling Mao's long march, yes

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Shostakovich wrote all the patriotic camp songs.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Shostakovich wrote all the patriotic camp songs.
                                That must be why they're all so catchy. And fucking great

Comment

Working...
                                X