No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of the GOP fever dreams about the Democratic party exploiting the coronavirus is projection and insecurity. This is what they would do if the shoe is on the other and they did when ebola was a problem back in 2014. They cannot imagine not exploiting it for political gain.

This best sums up the "conspiracy' to get Trump.

Comment

• This is this morning's CDC update. The link takes you right to that page. Recommended reading. I think there is the right amount of, "hey, pay fucking attention" AND, "we're (the US) ready to deal with an epidemic in the US or contribute to containment objectives if COVID-19 becomes a global pandemic.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That's probably right, the problem with the stock market is short term stuff that really can't be cajoled into not happening. When one of the main courses of action is to shut places down and cancel gatherings, that is going to make a dent economically no matter who is in charge.

Comment

• Another shitty day but a very interesting little rally at the end of the day, in contrast to the rest of the week when the last hour was the worst. Tempted to make some buys sunday night.

Comment

• Clorox!
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Prob missed the boat on the Clorox bandwagon.

I did hear that the rally at the end may have been mostly driven by a big pension fund that bought like $30 B. If I heard them right. Was a lot of crosstalk

Comment

• I just read this article from Slate deep in my news feeds. It's an eye opener if you've been flumoxed by the raw data. It is that COVID-19 has a distinctly separate entity- 2019 nCoV - that I did not know about and it's both revealing about the numbers being reported and kinda good news ..... with appropriate caveats by the author:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Prob missed the boat on the Clorox bandwagon.

I did hear that the rally at the end may have been mostly driven by a big pension fund that bought like $30 B. If I heard them right. Was a lot of crosstalk
                  Yeah .... that was tongue in cheek. Definitely missed that one. The market is not normal and it's crazy.

Obviously, I'm retired and have been drawing down, without on going contributions, from my portfolio going on 4y. The character of it is pretty much 60/40 but it is highly diversified. It's been that way ever since I went with Vanguard and that was decades ago. They have a very distinct investment strategy and their CFPs stick to it - you can do whatever you want with your money, of course, but their data, over time, is so good that if you choose to disregard what it says about investing - and it is conservative - its at your own risk.

The last 4y have been incredibly good for investors. Conservatism, like Vanguard promotes, won't produce 30% returns but what it does do is protect your principal when the market tanks and it does, regularly, and we're seeing it do so now.. It's done this, like I said up thread, 3X with varying degrees of badness. This is the 4th in 40y and I have to say with the Dow down about 15% - and I do own indexed funds - I'm down a little less than 8%. That's not chicken feed and I figure my wife and I will have to die a few years earlier than's in my retirement plan ..... which is making me consider a move to the Netherlands.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Garth Brooks held a concert in Detroit last week. He did a shout out and dedicated a song to former Lions running back Barry Sanders, holding up one of his #20 jerseys to the crowd. Since then he's been inundated with death threats because the Trumpanzees in attendance thought he was holding a BERNIE Sanders prop and have 'spread the word'.

And they wonder why people outside of Trumpland consider them idiots.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• They are so effing stupid.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• As a sometimes-certified Trumpanzee, I can honestly say that seeing Garth Brooks wearing Barry Sanders #20 jersey in Detroit at Ford Field, would not give me an iota of a thought to think he was supporting Bernie Sanders.

And I doubt that Bernie could 'shake and bake' on a 40 yard run like Barry.

Barry was the best. I'd vote for him before I'd vote for the Bern ...
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Ha! Well played.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X