No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news on the PA priests, but not surprising, it's been a systematic cover up all over the globe. I don't know much about Pa. But maybe that area didn't have their day of reckoning yet. As a Catholic it has been very troubling, my personal experience has never heard of it at any of the parishes I have regularly attended but you know it is out there. You hope that it has been nipped in the bud, but you have no confidence because of how far up the corruption goes.

Comment

• nMZKcULOIVwU-nfS9u-GqsytbCIWE5uUYt-11UY4XUA.jpg?w=593&s=e19f3129f752e16404f97ed1f84cc9b3.jpg

Comment

• y6TxtAS4x6o4vJlgyS8qf9fJNoXvoDjjqVKQgpuSnQI.jpg?w=486&s=f3879cb6889fbd758dc6d5f4c8d23734.jpg

Comment

• Voter fraud/immigration grifter Kobach officially wins his primary over a sitting Governor. Kansas Dems quietly happy.

Comment

• I think it's more shocking that anybody would be shocked. I'm sure that state by state/region by region the volume of abuse varied based on what could be gotten away with, but the structure here basically made it the Catholic church a magnet for criminal-scale perverts. What WAS shocking in this one was the details. The boy made to pose naked on the cross; the girl raped in her hospital bed. It seems they had more imagination and creative licence in PA than elsewhere. Or maybe we just know more detail.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree with the question, why is anyone shocked. I also agree with talent's view about the timing of the release of the information on abuse. Great campaign pitch - (name) is tough on pedophilia. Whatever.

Not telling anyone what they don't already know but the Catholic Church, while there history is interesting and the good that the Church has done over the centuries deserves comment, IMO, the good is overcome by the evil within it. Describes most religions pretty accurately.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                Yeah, I agree with the question, why is anyone shocked. I also agree with talent's view about the timing of the release of the information on abuse. Great campaign pitch - (name) is tough on pedophilia. Whatever.

Not telling anyone what they don't already know but the Catholic Church, while there history is interesting and the good that the Church has done over the centuries deserves comment, IMO, the good is overcome by the evil within it. Describes most religions pretty accurately.
                Correct. I think the celibacy requirements for humans is not practical. bottom line.

Comment

• The general shouldn't be shocking. For that matter, the details shouldn't be shocking -- I mean, what do we actually think happens here -- some ham-handed groping? But we never think of it terms of the actual, gruesome details. We just think about in a generality sufficient for outrage but insufficient for sleep-affecting. It's our comfort zone. The report does a nice job of pushing that. I appreciate that. I appreciate when, e.g., Courts don't just gloss over the facts of a crime, but recount exactly what they were convicted of -- to remind us exactly of what we're dealing with. Sometimes the brighter light is needed. Sometimes we need to know exactly what they did to these children.

I also agree with talent's view about the timing of the release of the information on abuse.
                  To be clear, that's completely independent of the facts in the report and doesn't make the report more or less important. It's just something I automatically think of given my station in life.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Kevin Williamson writes on Turkey and quotes, on more than one occasion, Paul Krugman: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...han-dictators/

Of course, those interested in Turkey will already know all of what is in the article and those that are not will not give a flying fuck.

So, ummmm....another top shelf post.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He's absolutely right about the power of currency traders, a type of investor that gets things right and enforces policy discipline with a far greater frequency than many others -- certainly not bond investors, if you note the difference in the scope of the currency's plunge compared to the dollar-denominated bonds. Currency markets are indeed a bit of neoliberalism that's still pretty rock-solid. But it's interesting to see the NRO of all publications quietly acknowledge capital controls. The IMF has slowly backed away from the Washington Consensus since Mahathir's policy triumph. The problem with this that the piece doesn't address is that if capital controls are back as an acceptable policy measure in some circumstances, currency traders will be more cautious since they won't be sure they can get their money out, and there goes that market-enforced discipline that we should all want, but only get from some markets and not all of them.

Comment

• 38870754_840934886111202_4867667589687410688_n.jpg
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• lord help the left, they can't meme.

Comment

• qSYmhBMEh09xhGiaYCQa3LMYMDSZrPebIRqcJe3ck4g.png?w=539&s=65522277262690f3cc638268efe038e6.png

Comment

• bruce ohr next

sally yates to follow

Comment

•  

Comment

Working...
                                X