No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US has now performed over 1.7M tests. No other country has performed more than 1M.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• stfu
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Rejected.

This is the conversation serious policy-makers are going to start to have in the very nar future: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...Coronavirus%3F

The "Swedish example" is going to pass or fail and, regardless, it's going to be a huge data point at the end of April when we have to decide if 50 days is enough or do we need to up to 80?

The Japanese and South Korean examples also suggest that mitigation steps like, say, masks are effective (provided everyone is on board). I can definitely see eased restrictions with at-risk folks still advised to stay at home and non at-risk folks allowed to get on with things provided they wear masks and social distance. Frankly, I'm not sure there's any other way. Whether that comes at the end of April or May, I dunno -- but I dunno how we shut things down for more than 80 days.

Comment

• BTW, I don't agree with the linked article -- I think Sweden is being foolish and I think that will show up. BUT, I do think it's the converstation we're going to have to have. And hopefully we'll continue to gather data and have a more informed basis for our massively sweeping policy decisions.

Comment

• The late, great George Carlin on germs and viruses...

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              The US has now performed over 1.7M tests. No other country has performed more than 1M.
              EPIC TRUMP FAIL.

Comment

• Yeah. The media narrative is relentless, though. They will push every angle they can, and if there's not an angle to push they'll make one up.

Comment

Yeah. The media narrative is relentless, though. They will push every angle they can, and if there's not an angle to push they'll make one up.
                  EFZ
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There's zero chance of this being anything other than MASSIVELY partisan. PDJT is incapable of grace and the entire left is incapable of seeing PDJT as anything other than PDJT. They look at PDJT and China and side with the latter. Meanwhile, PDJT supporters think everything is spectacularly handled.

Comment

• Well it's like Jonah Goldberg's example of the angry, drunk uncle (Trump) at Thanksgiving from the other day. Maybe you've come to accept that that's who he is, he'll never change, so you tend to get angrier at your shitbird cousin who deliberately provokes him (the media). But that doesn't change the fact that the angry drunk uncle is still a dick. You've just stopped caring and in your apathy absolved him of any misbehavior, all while insisting everyone around him change their own standards to accommodate him.

Comment

• In other words, it's all PDJT's fault.

Love them "kiss the ring" stories. That's a motherfucking awesome narrative.

And, of course, NO TESTS!!!!

Comment

In other words, it's all PDJT's fault.

Love them "kiss the ring" stories. That's a motherfucking awesome narrative.

And, of course, NO TESTS!!!!
                            No, it's not all PDJT's fault. But how about this? He's the fucking President of the United States. He bears more responsibility than any single individual in the entire country. Not just on corona but when it comes to personal conduct, being accurate, whatever personal qualities one might think of as positive. What the President says is far more consequential than what some Newsweek reporter or NYT columnist pens in an op-ed.

Comment

There's zero chance of this being anything other than MASSIVELY partisan. PDJT is incapable of grace and the entire left is incapable of seeing PDJT as anything other than PDJT. They look at PDJT and China and side with the latter. Meanwhile, PDJT supporters think everything is spectacularly handled.
                              Those of us who remember the media narrative during Hurricane Katrina know that the media's behavior has nothing whatsoever to do with PDJT's behavior. I only wish that PDJT had the self awareness and self control to call them out in a way that connects better with the average Joe. But I don't wish for a second that we had George W. the Punching Bag back in that seat. That MF'er had the self defense instincts of Ralph Macchio in the first half of the Karate Kid movies.

Perhaps one day we'll get a guy who can exist in the happy medium.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; April 6, 2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Yes, all the derision, criticism, mistrust and revulsion that Trump "suffers" from absolutely is all his fault. He is an endless source of self inflicted fodder. No one forces him to be a incompetent buffoon.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X