Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    The institutional battle that went on was Wisconsin's feckless Governor more or less wanting the courts to own the decision, not him. So, a District Court weighed in and literally made up stuff and the Supreme Court overturned that decision and let it go forward. Now, politically, the D Governor can blame the "conservative" Supreme Court, always a great political bogeyman for his party. It's a rather fascinating game of political hot potato.

And then, I guess, once the Supreme Court declined to "own" what happens in Wisconsin (properly, I might add), the Governor finally blocked in-person voting and extended the election date.
    And the Wisconsin Supreme Court immediately overturned his order. While I agree with you calling him "feckless", I'm not sure how much power Evers really has -- Wisconsin Republicans swiftly put additional checks on the Governor the second Scott Walker lost.

There's going to be only 5 polling stations open in the entire city of Milwaukee today. Maybe not even that, no one seems to really know.

Comment

• Missed this but Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell died on sunday (not corona-related). Played for the Browns splitting time with Jim Brown but more remembered for integrating the Redskins, widely regarded as the most 'racist' team in the NFL at that time.

Bobby Mitchell, who starred as a halfback for the Browns and at wide receiver for the Redskins during a career in which he reached the Pro Football Hall of Fame, died Sunday at 84. He was one of the first African American players to play for Washington.

Comment

• And the Wisconsin Supreme Court immediately overturned his order. While I agree with you calling him "feckless", I'm not sure how much power Evers really has -- Wisconsin Republicans swiftly put additional checks on the Governor the second Scott Walker lost.
        Well, then that gets back to my original point in answering the question re Ohio and Wisconsin.

In any event....whatever.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It is my understanding that the legislature stripped the governor of a lot of power in the lame duck session after Walker lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Well, then that gets back to my original point in answering the question re Ohio and Wisconsin.

In any event....whatever.
            Well, obviously I am not well-versed in the Wisconsin State Constitution. I was just positing that perhaps the Health Director there might have the power to shut down polls as a health risk. I was turning to them right away on the assumption that Evers pretty much couldn't do anything.

And with regards to Milwaukee shutting down almost all polls...that's not going to be a Dem area vs Republican area thing either. Who is crazy enough to be a poll worker right now? You can slap on as much hand sanitizer as you want, it ain't gonna help if the right person breathes within six feet of you.

I just saw that Waukesha, Wisconsin, Milwaukee's biggest suburb and in the heart of an extremely Republican County, will have just one polling place open. I saw video of the line to get in before the polls had even opened. It was ridiculous. I'd share it but know half of you can't see tweets anyways.

Comment

• When this is all over, I'm going to really enjoy how Ds contort themselves to deal with the sexual assault allegation against Biden. I particularly enjoy Alyssa Milano's contortions. Now, she's a total trash no one, but she was front and center when the Salem-ites were on their Kavanaugh witchhunt. She's gonna be pretty damn representative of how fucking fast "believe all women" melts away when it's your boy and lay bare the brazen partisanship underlying the Kavanaugh smear. It'll be fucking fantastic. I, of course, will have also have the joy of remaining entirely consistent.

Good times! Well, maybe. If we ever get out of the awful times.

Comment

• What difference does it make? Trump has established that sexual assault is completely acceptable behavior. Just grab women by the pussy cuz they like that! Embarrassed about being a rapist? Have them sign an NDA, then publicly lie about it! And then lie some more! Rape and adultery are just signs of manliness according to Trumpanzees, Especially for evangelicals - SCOTUS appointments give Trump a pass on all criminal activity. But most importantly, BIDEN!!!!
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• That's the response I'd expect. This is going to be fantastic. The amount of make-believe, outright lies, equivocation and contortions is going to be through the roof. I mean, the above is just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

• Stephanie Grisham done. Both as Press Secretary and Communications Director. Heading back to the protective wing of Melania

Let's have a round of applause for all the wonderful contestants who have tried to 'direct' this White House's "communications"

Sean Spicer
                    Mike Dubke
                    Da Mooch
                    Hope Hicks
                    Bill Shine
                    Stephanie Grisham

Comment

• Thinking about making a homemade mask...which one would work better...

MASK-Jim Carrey.pngMASK-Movie.jpg
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU

AA:

xoxoxo
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• How low can you go, Donnie?

Comment

Working...
                                X