Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Talent...your whiteness is appalling...Oprah would be most displeased...
    Displease Dope-Rah at your own peril. She and Kamala will be running this country soon.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Looks like some promising news from yet another company working on a vaccine.

Of course, Trump wants credit for it, but that's because he's .. well... he's Trump.

Anyway, if its effective, it doesn't matter who takes credit. I hope it helps to eliminate the problem.

President Trump praised the coronavirus vaccine from Massachusetts-based biotech company Moderna as one of two recent "great discoveries" after it announced Monday the vaccine is 94.5% effective according to interim analysis from a late-stage clinical trial.

Comment

• Will someone PLEASE give this child a Basic Math class, and pronto .. so she can see her party didn't lose its majority?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she and others are "extraordinarily" disappointed by Democrats losing their majority in the House — despite the fact that the party actually maintained control of the lower chamber. 

Comment

• The Moderna vaccine is considerably more promising than Pfizer's vaccine. Namely, the vaccine can the transported and stored using readily available equipment. Phase III results suggest it's more efficacious than Pfizer's vaccinne, but, again, logistics is the name of the game here. Any vaccine that's approaching 90% efficacy is fucking gold right now. Getting it the distrubtion rolling is job one, and Moderna's vaccine is going to be way easier to distribute.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            This article is long but it's absolutely spot on IMO: https://www.city-journal.org/chump-e...ssive-policies

Also, as a quick reminder -- the Smithsonian's Attributes of Whiteness chart -- https://www.theamericanconservative....te-propaganda/

I swear to god, the KKK couldn't have done something more racist than these Woke fucks.
            One of the best articles I've read articulating cause and effect of the implementation of progressive policies based on this kind of liberal thinking. Great examples of bad outcomes at multiple levels of society as a result of pursuing progressive policies. I can't imagine a rational debate from woke libs on the merits of such things as "federal rent control laws", "tax the wealthy" or "forgive student debt" after reading this. I'll now be be armed to tell them to GTFO with their nonsense.

The monkey experiment and the Swedish experiment were gold.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Late to report this but the NYT's news feed was filled with some of the strongest "dire consequences" reporting I've heard. Meanwhile life seems to be moving along in places where case numbers are up but few officials are talking about lock-downs. I'm watching South Florida carefully for signs of more restrictions. Nothing yet although there are signs of calling for these if only by local media. At the state level Desantis seems to be holding the line under tough press scrutiny when he holds a press conference. At the county level what I'm hearing from officials are exhortations to take the virus seriously and act responsibly but nothing on ...."or closings will be next." That has been the refrain in other states though.

I can see increases in case numbers, not deaths as well as increased ED visits of ILI, CLI and an uptick in hospitalizations for FL. What I don't have access to are those all-important bed space availability, recovery rates and time-to-discharge numbers. That would be nice. I'm not hearing solid comments from hospital administrators or a lot of MDs claiming they or a unit's staff can't handle things. Frankly, I've never met an MD or a nurse, and that's in 22 years of ED practice, that threw up their hands in exhaustion or despair. Everyone of them would make good Marines.

I know that Desantis and state PH officials have the data I'd like to see to make up my onw mind. The key is that nothing is getting closed down in S. FL. That tells me that although case numbers are up, and in some counties a lot, there are no announcements of business closings or activity restrictions where there is increased potential for COVID spread secondary to congregate risks.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 16, 2020, 01:53 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Unsure if posted here.

Good though:

“….he is never actually communicating that he’s better than you, more enlightened, more decent, because he’s not, and everyone knows it. The man is just a bundle of sin and gore, and he never pretends to be anything more. Perhaps more importantly, he never even aspires to be anything more … he offers a truly safe space for human frailty, and hypocrisy, and self-doubt. He offers what no priest can credibly offer: a total expiation of shame. His personal shamelessness is a kind of spiritual balm. Now consider the other half of this image. What are we getting from the left? We’re getting exactly the opposite message. Pure sanctimony. Pure judgment. You are not good enough. You’re guilty, not only for your own sins, but for the sins of your fathers. The crimes of slavery, and colonialism are on your head. And if you’re a cis, white, heterosexual male, which we know is the absolute core of Trump’s support, you’re a racist, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, sexist barbarian. It’s the juxtaposition of those two messages that is so powerful.” - Sam Harris.

Comment

• Fucking amazing! And equally crazy. The DJIA finished just a coupled of points short of its all-time high closing up nearly 500 points mostly on Moderna vaccine news but also on various positive economic news.

Geeeze, we don't have the vaccine yet, the logistics of wide spread distribution is incredibly complex and probably underfunded and the EU and some US states are locking down in the face of a COVID surge. What are investors thinking?

Ignore the pearl clutching on all fronts and esp. from the woke press still working hard to scare the shit out of all of us, punish Trump and exaggerate administration transition costs. We'll be fine!

Comment

• Strangelove is transitioning over from posting every gloomy stock market report to every rosy one. The Biden Era is jumpstarting the Markets!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Strangelove is transitioning over from posting every gloomy stock market report to every rosy one. The Biden Era is jumpstarting the Markets!
                      Believe you're confusing me with Jeff "Rosy-Eyed" Buchanan there. The man who once predicted an 11-win season from Brady Hoke four years straight.

Comment

• Fear the Hoosiers. Norman Dale and Shooter along with Jimmy Chitwood are coming to get youse...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wizoosier?

embarrassing

Comment

• Get right with the Hickory Huskerz
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The day before a hearing in Trump's "big" Pennsylvania case his three-person team of lawyers all quit and asked to be removed as the attorneys of record. New lawyer is also a talk show host and asks to delay tomorrow's hearing so he can get up to speed. Judge says "nope"

EDIT: Correction, it appears the judge is only letting 2 of the original 3 lawyers withdraw, and expects the 3rd to still show up tomorrow along with the radio host guy.

https://www.democracydocket.com/case...ies-challenge/
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 16, 2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...nes-questioned

only chance trump has is this hail murray ....mary play involving the software

normally i'd poopoo it but sidneypowell and maria baritoromo are at least halfway credible.

like i said earlier the way they shut down all vote counts in atlanta philly milwaukee and detroit at 3am election night with trump up 800k in pennsylvania just stunk

klobercher and warren raised concerns on dominion last year

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversi...private-equity
                                Last edited by crashcourse; November 17, 2020, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X