No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDJT is massively outperforming his 2016 numbers in PA, M and Wisconsin. And is going to lose at least 2 of those states.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I read that this is the highest voter turnout since 1900.

Speaking of: Jeff, who did you vote for in that? McKinley or William Jennings Bryan?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        PDJT is massively outperforming his 2016 numbers in PA, M and Wisconsin. And is going to lose at least 2 of those states.
        His problem is that the same is true of Biden vis a vis Hillary (granted, things can change)

Wisconsin
        Clinton: 46.45% (1,382,536)
        Biden: 49.60% (1,630,334)

Michigan
        Clinton: 47.03% (2,268,839)
        Biden: 49.40% (2,524,385)

Between the two of them, Trump & Biden cannibalized the 3rd party vote. I mean, in Michigan it looks like 3rd parties are only getting 1.4 or 1.5%. That's a third, at best, of 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          I read that this is the highest voter turnout since 1900.

Speaking of: Jeff, who did you vote for in that? McKinley or William Jennings Bryan?
          I took a quick look at a few random rural Ohio counties and Trump managed to increase his vote in places that have lost population since 2016. It's pretty nuts. And he got pretty high turnout in these places the last time.

For certain parts of Appalachia this could be a last hurrah. They will probably never have this much impact on the Presidency ever again.

Comment

• BTW, I think it's obvious Jeff was a Eugene Debs man

Comment

• The love for PDJT is rural Ohio is the real deal. I ride my bicycle (nod to AA) in rural Ohio a lot because rural Ohio is an awesome place to ride. For the past 6 weeks, every time I'm out there -- Belmont County, Monroe, Hocking, Madison, Champaign...you name it...I'm passed by multiple pick up trucks with PDJT flags waving. Just driving around. It's nuts. The amount of PDJT support in those low population areas is staggering. After seeing this I really started to think that folks were missing how strongly PDJT's folks support him.

Incidentally, PDJT as Rambo with "No More Bullshit" ranks as #2 flag; "Fuck Your Feelings" is clear #1 flag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                James is still up 32,000 with 94% in! Keep hope alive!
                James lead is under 10k now. It's VERY close.... toss up.

If Trump loses, I do want James to pull out this close win. More bipartisan that can come out of Washington for the next two years, the better.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• James is toast. Painfully close toast, but toast nonetheless.

Comment

• Yep. It was 7,000 and shrinking fast last I saw.

Comment

• Definitely a toss up. Now James' lead is over 12k.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        The love for PDJT is rural Ohio is the real deal. I ride my bicycle (nod to AA) in rural Ohio a lot because rural Ohio is an awesome place to ride. For the past 6 weeks, every time I'm out there -- Belmont County, Monroe, Hocking, Madison, Champaign...you name it...I'm passed by multiple pick up trucks with PDJT flags waving. Just driving around. It's nuts. The amount of PDJT support in those low population areas is staggering. After seeing this I really started to think that folks were missing how strongly PDJT's folks support him.

Incidentally, PDJT as Rambo with "No More Bullshit" ranks as #2 flag; "Fuck Your Feelings" is clear #1 flag.
                        I've seen "Fuck Your Feelings" quite a bit. Bumper stickers especially.

I used to work with a guy who was trying to get a deal done with extremely difficult landowner in Monroe county who asked where he was from, then got called a "fuckin city boy" over and over again. The dude grew up in Steubenville! Steubenville! Fuckin City Boy! Still makes me laugh.

I thought western Ohio might weaken on their enthusiasm for Trump a little bit but never doubted Appalachia would stay loyal. I'm just amazed he actually built on his vote from 4 years ago in places I know for a fact are dying off.

Comment

• Freep has James' lead out to 22,000 with 96% in! Do you believe in miracles?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Freep has James' lead out to 22,000 with 96% in! Do you believe in miracles?!
                            I sure hope so. Michigan needs a Republican senator. We've had 2 democrat senators for ages. Most Democrat senators from Michigan retire in office. If Peters loses, he will be the first Democrat senator voted out instead of retiring out of the job that I can remember. Its usually a Democrat lifetime appointment.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A new batch came in and it's 20,000 and holding. Still 96% reported but its got to be getting pretty damn close to done.

Comment

• James should be on the Rs presidential ballot in 2024 if he pulls this off.

Sounds like Rs are admitting Michigan and Wisconsin are goners for Trump. Weird optimism that Arizona or Nevada are still in play, but I personally doubt it’s likely to turn in Trumps favor there.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X