No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'd be great to see another AA Senator.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I've seen "Fuck Your Feelings" quite a bit. Bumper stickers especially.

I used to work with a guy who was trying to get a deal done with extremely difficult landowner in Monroe county who asked where he was from, then got called a "fuckin city boy" over and over again. The dude grew up in Steubenville! Steubenville! Fuckin City Boy! Still makes me laugh.

I thought western Ohio might weaken on their enthusiasm for Trump a little bit but never doubted Appalachia would stay loyal. I'm just amazed he actually built on his vote from 4 years ago in places I know for a fact are dying off.
      Monroe County is topshelf for bicylcing. Just fantastic, quite roads, beautiful country and challenging rides. I reckon the 13,000 people who live there have strong opinions on PDJT. Heh.

Monroe County >>>> Jefferson County

Woodsfield (or anywhere) >>> Steubenville

Comment

• If you've biked Route 800 between Barnesville and Woodsfield I'm amazed you're still alive and not flattened by some oil tanker

Comment

• and now there is this. Michigan possibly correcting 6k votes in Trump/ James favor. Could impact James with his 20k lead .... probably not Trump.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            and now there is this. Michigan possibly correcting 6k votes in Trump/ James favor. Could impact James with his 20k lead .... probably not Trump.

Heard anything on how much Wayne vote is left?

Comment

• The route was 92 miles! The 800 portion was from Sisterville up to 255 and then 255 back down to the river (Sardis). Then back to Woodsfield on 536 from Hannibal.

255 is one of my top 5 roads to ride on. Traffic was fine all those state routes. We were on 78 E of Woodsfield for a few miles and that was busy.

Comment

• Collins may actually top 50% and avoid whatever the ranked voting craziness is in Maine. That would be another stunning result (if you trusted the polling).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Heard anything on how much Wayne vote is left?
                  Sounds like it's around 76% in. I think you will have a notable amount of Mikes (on this forum) that split the ticket Biden + James.... again, making it very close for Peters vs James. Not good news for Trump though.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Talent, et. al., read the interview of Howe at the link in my "downer" post. Howe has been panned as a poor historian by some but his work is nonetheless interesting. I skimmed a massive Wiki entry that lays out most of thinking. I might read the book ....might.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Maybe a lot of the AA voters in Wayne County split their ballots and went with Biden for Prez, but James for Senate. I guess we'll see.

I hope James can pull this out. He's a classy guy and deserves to be in the Senate representing Michigan. It'd be a shame if he doesn't get in this time.

If he loses, I hope he hangs around and challenges Gretch for Governor in 2022. I think he'd clobber her.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Collins may actually top 50% and avoid whatever the ranked voting craziness is in Maine. That would be another stunning result (if you trusted the polling).
                        Also indicates a significant number of Maine voters split their tickets. The only state in the country to have that happen enough to actually matter (so far, waiting on Michigan)

Comment

• Another trickle of votes has been tabulated with each candidate picking up 4,000 votes. 20,700 margin unchanged.

Comment

• I didn't realize this, but Wisconsin denied the Green Party ballot access. Apparently, their VP nominee provided two addresses because of a covid-forced move. That technicality was enough to nix them.

In 2016 the Green Party rustled up 31,000 votes. Heh. I'm not sure how they're running 2020. But, it's interesting.

They did the same thing in PA.

Comment

• On the bright side of things, was pretty accurate with my predictions a few days ago! Kind of obvious, but not too obvious predictions.

Biggest surprise perhaps is how easily Trump won Florida. Thought it would be really close.

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              Making my election take now. See ya guys again in this thread on Wednesday.
                              For the record, I think Biden wins the election (bold take) ... it's going to be VERY close when it comes to electoral college votes either way. Pennsylvania, Florida, and Arizona decide it.
                              2016, I was totally into the idea that Clinton would win handily. Oracle suckered me into that idea on this thread in 2016 too.
                              Maybe I'm gong to be 0-2 on election predictions ...

- Mail in voting/ turnout SHOULD help the Ds.
                              - Biden wins the popular vote, duh.
                              - Clinton RCP lead in battleground states was +1.6 at this time last year compared to Biden's +3.1 lead. 5 days before the election.
                              - Michigan and Wisconsin go to Biden by 3-5 points. Pennsylvania and Florida will be really close. As Michael Moore recently said, the polling that show's Biden's lead is large is not that accurate.
                              - Doubt the election is decided next Tuesday. Think it will drag out DAYS, if not weeks.
                              - Trump will contest it given all of the stuff he has gone through for the last 4 years.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Peters just lost 5,000+ votes. Must be that correction mentioned above.

Edit: James lost some too but his lead is over 23,000 now.
                                Last edited by Mike; November 4, 2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X