No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesia has a mandatory mask policy that formerly only had fines for scofflaws. Now, with your ticket for failure to mask, a judge can now sentence you to clean public toilets, pick up river garbage, or (my favorite) dig the graves of people who died of covid. Public service for public failure.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...nes-questioned

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

only chance trump has is this hail murray ....mary play involving the software

normally i'd poopoo it but sidneypowell and maria baritoromo are at least halfway credible.

like i said earlier the way they shut down all vote counts in atlanta philly milwaukee and detroit at 3am election night with trump up 800k in pennsylvania just stunk

klobercher and warren raised concerns on dominion last year

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversi...private-equity
      Even the Dominion stuff isn't going to to shit, since vote counting errors will be caught with a manual recount. Early indications in Georgia are that the recount there isn't going to change jack shit.

Trump's only chance is to get a million or so votes thrown out in Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania, either by showing that they are fraudulent, or by proving that the process by which they were accepted was illegal. Suffice it to say, early returns there aren't promising either.

It obviously isn't going anywhere. If Trump wants to save face, he needs to do what Al Gore did and concede legal defeat and tone the "stolen election" rhetoric way down. He can then act as Kingmaker in 2024 and have at least a partially in tact legacy. Meanwhile, there are probably some isolated provable cases of fraud that should be publicized and made examples. The Republicans can make election integrity a future issue in those states. After all, they are the ones who control the state legislatures in many of these places and failed to put proper safeguards in place.
      Last edited by Hannibal; November 17, 2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...nes-questioned

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

only chance trump has is this hail murray ....mary play involving the software

normally i'd poopoo it but sidneypowell and maria baritoromo are at least halfway credible.

like i said earlier the way they shut down all vote counts in atlanta philly milwaukee and detroit at 3am election night with trump up 800k in pennsylvania just stunk

klobercher and warren raised concerns on dominion last year

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversi...private-equity
        lol...no, they aren't

There's plenty out there rebutting the Dominon stuff but let me throw out just a handful.

One, just using common sense, if the Democrats have the ability to use this super-software to alter votes across a half dozen states, why only rig the presidential race? Why not take the Senate too and makes gains in the House?

Two, Georgia's most of the way finished with a hand recount. If the computer altered the final tally then there ought to be major discrepancies between the hand recount and the reported numbers. The Republican Sec of State has already said the numbers are matching almost perfectly. Yes, they did find a memory stick with 2600 uncounted votes. It was in a county (Floyd) that went 70% for Trump and is dominated by Republican county officials.

Finally, the pro-Trump cause keeps pointing at Philadelphia, Detroit, and Milwaukee for supposedly "finding" votes to put Biden over the top. But that's not where Trump actually lost the election. In fact, Trump improved his % of the vote in all three cities. Trump lost Wisconsin because his share of the vote in Milwaukee's SUBURBS declined 3-5%. His support in Green Bay declined. Trump lost in Michigan because his support in the Detroit suburbs, Oakland County, Saginaw, and Grand Rapids declined. Trump lost Pennsylvania because his support in the Allentown area, the Philadelphia burbs, Scranton, Erie, and Pittsburgh all declined. Trump lost Georgia because suburban Atlanta went HEAVILY for Biden. He lost the very populous Gwinnett County by almost 20 points, triple what he lost there by in 2016.

Comment

• In fact, there's a chart floating around showing the 20 most populated counties of Pennsylvania and in 19 out of 20, Trump's % of the vote went down from 2016. The only one where he gained? Philadelphia.

Comment

• Not that I disagree with you, but % and margins are two entirely different things. One matters a great deal. If I had a shiny nickel then I put that down on wager that Biden improved on HRC's margins in Philadelphia.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Not that I disagree with you, but % and margins are two entirely different things. One matters a great deal. If I had a shiny nickel then I put that down on wager that Biden improved on HRC's margins in Philadelphia.
              Yes, that's fair. Turnout was up for both sides and at least in part because the 3rd party vote was significantly down this year versus 2016.

But specifically regarding Philadelphia, we won't know for sure until the vote is final (I think there are STILL some votes being counted there) but below are the margins of victory for each candidate.

Biden +457,649, +63.17%
              Clinton +475,277, +66.98%

Trump got almost 25,000 more votes in Philadelphia this year. It's really not why he lost the state. Instead look at places like Lackawanna County (Scranton) and Montgomery County (Philly burbs)

Lackawanna
              Biden +9,562, +8.31%
              Clinton +3,599, +3.45%

Montgomery
              Biden +133,343, +26.26%
              Clinton +93,351, +21.28%

Comment

• Interesting and thanks for the info. And, yes, obviously it's the suburbs that mattered. Philadelphia was likely going to remain relatively static.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump lost because of the suspiciously high gargantuan turnouts in a small number of select areas that vote overwhelmingly Democrat.

Comment

• Sure, here's one more angle. Here's the total vote each candidate got in the 4 big Philly suburb counties (Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware)

Clinton: 742,226
                    Trump: 553,873

Clinton +188,353

Biden: 908,799
                    Trump: 617,377

Biden +291,422

To win Pennsylvania, Trump has to make up those differences elsewhere in the state and not only did he underperform in the burbs, but Biden gained on him in Pittsburgh, Erie, Allentown, Scranton, and Harrisburg as well. That means squeezing out huge margins in rural PA, which is rapidly dying off. They couldn't do it. I don't know the margins in the smaller counties but when I looked at PA over the weekend, Trump's percentage of the vote at least was down in nearly every county except in Southwest PA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Trump lost because of the suspiciously high gargantuan turnouts in a small number of select areas that vote overwhelmingly Democrat.
                      I don't really have the time or inclination to check all over, but I'd wager that as a % of the voting population, the turnout in urban and suburban counties did not go up significantly more than it did in rural counties as well.

Rural Van Wert County, Ohio saw almost 1,000 more people vote than in 2016 (an increase of 7%). Despite the county losing population. Very "suspicious"?

Comment

• Governor instituting a 10 PM curfew in Ohio.

Comment

• Good luck with that
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump has until 5PM tomorrow to pay Wisconsin $8M if he wants a recount. They want the money upfront. Very smart move when dealing with a Trump.

Comment

• Yeah well I demand you STFU...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seconded and thirded.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X