• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so after 66% of the votes are already in, Washington is basically

1/3 to Others
    1/3 to Sanders
    1/3 to Biden

Because of that big number to "others" it's safe to assume these are mail-in ballots. If the pattern of late-breaking voteers going overwhelmingly to Biden holds true, these are very good early voting numbers for him.Will find out tomorrow cuz I'm done with this tonight!

Comment

• Good riddance, Bernie!

It's amusing to look at predictions of Bernie's march to the nomination. Well, mostly because I felt the same way. The Super Tuesday miracle was, ummmmm....unlikely.

It's far more amusing, however, to follow, watch or generally witness The Young Turks meltdown or any other prominent Marxist supporter. Eat a giant bag of dick, Bitchez!!!!

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It doesn't look like the End Of Times Election will come to pass after all. Sawright by me.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thank fucking god. Quite the comment on things that I find someone who is legitimately probably drifting toward some sort of senility as the best of 3 options. By a longshot.

Comment

• DSL:

Here's an article on Italy -- https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...us-swept-italy

It's generally interesting and, of note to yesterday, the average age of those dying in Italy is a staggering 81. The article also points out that Italy is the "oldest" country in Europe.

It's in India, too. I'm particularly curious about that. I'd imagine that you could see a huge outbreak there (like Iran -- if we ever got real numbers) -- or, perhaps, it doesn't do well in hot, miserable smog.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Good riddance, Bernie!

It's amusing to look at predictions of Bernie's march to the nomination. Well, mostly because I felt the same way. The Super Tuesday miracle was, ummmmm....unlikely.

It's far more amusing, however, to follow, watch or generally witness The Young Turks meltdown or any other prominent Marxist supporter. Eat a giant bag of dick, Bitchez!!!!
              As the last results trickle in, what's shocking is that it looks like Bernie won't win a single county in Michigan or Missouri. Not even the Soviet Republic of Ann Arbor. Look at those two states in 2016 and compare.

What's becoming more clear is just how much of Bernie's support in 2016 was really an anti-Hillary vote. Not so much an anti-Establishment vote. Or maybe the circumstances have just changed so much and people regard the danger from Trump as more "real". And the final possibility is that rural whites who voted Bernie in 2016 don't even consider themselves Democrats anymore.

But if turnout in Michigan is much higher than 2016 (at least 300,000 more Dem voters) and the youth vote (under 30) is actually down, then Camp Sanders has really lost the argument for what is supposed to be his great strength.

The total Dem vote in 2016 was 1,205,552 (if wiki is correct). The total vote last night was at least 1,565,000

Comment

DSL:

Here's an article on Italy -- https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...us-swept-italy

It's generally interesting and, of note to yesterday, the average age of those dying in Italy is a staggering 81. The article also points out that Italy is the "oldest" country in Europe.

It's in India, too. I'm particularly curious about that. I'd imagine that you could see a huge outbreak there (like Iran -- if we ever got real numbers) -- or, perhaps, it doesn't do well in hot, miserable smog.
                The number of deaths I've seen reported from Iran's political and military elite is sort of mind-boggling. There's no way the problem there isn't worse than they are admitting.

Comment

• I think Ds are very motivated to stop Bernie. And stop PDJT.

The youth vote is the greatest canard any politician will ever offer. First, they don't reliably vote. Second, their votes will change as they age and, so to speak, end up with skin in the game. It's easy to call for a revolution when you haven't played by the rules for a long time. Once you start playing by the rules and start having money and children and vested interests, you end up buying into the system and, if anything, working to tweak it. Not to burn it down.

And Third -- we live in the United Fucking States of Fucking Amercia. The vast majority of the country is wealthier than any other superpower country at any other time in history. This isn't 1915 Bolivia, or 1957 Uganda or 2013 Alabama. We don't have a huge portion of the population living in miserable conditions. It's quite the opposite. So the notion of burning it all done is brazenly facetious.

Fuck that Marxist motherfucker.

Comment

• The youth vote has been trending up in the last few.elections, but depending on the youth vote to be as high as older voters is madness.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure how much 'trending up' is. I'm certainly not sure that's even the case as an overall share of voters. I could see turnout increasing and a rising tide lifting all boats.

In any event, Bernie's argument is that he can (a) turn out notoriously unreliable voters; and (b) grow the D party. I don't think he can do (a). And I feel pretty good that the youth of today -- overwhelmingly D -- won't be overwhelmingly D in 20 years. The "youth revolution" of the 60s are now the despised boomers. Every younger generation gets caught up in some sort of "change movement" until they get into the system.

Comment

• Experts say by taking aggresive measures, governments have a shot at stamping out new chains of transmission of the coronavirus.

Comment

• Again, that's gonna be a nationwide lockdown. It's almost inconceivable to think that new cases aren't going to emerge all over the US in the next week. National. Lockdown. That's the way to "flatten the curve." I haven't heard anyone disagree with this statement. So, that's the choice for the US if it wants to flatten the curve. Half measures aren't going to work.

So, no shit -- it'd be fucking great to flatten the curve in the US. No one needs an expert to tell them that. The "how" is the motherfucker. And there's only one answer.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure how much 'trending up' is. I'm certainly not sure that's even the case as an overall share of voters. I could see turnout increasing and a rising tide lifting all boats.

In any event, Bernie's argument is that he can (a) turn out notoriously unreliable voters; and (b) grow the D party. I don't think he can do (a). And I feel pretty good that the youth of today -- overwhelmingly D -- won't be overwhelmingly D in 20 years. The "youth revolution" of the 60s are now the despised boomers. Every younger generation gets caught up in some sort of "change movement" until they get into the system.
                            The youth of today will be much more reliably 'D' in 20 years. Bernie was a little too ahead of his time.

Comment

• I know where you stand, Hannibal. By 2030 we'll have essentially one-party rule. I disagree.

Comment

• Bernie can hang his hat on winning the North Dakota caucus. Less than 15,000 people participated...is that accurate?? LOL

If the reported votes in Washington are only the ballots mailed in a while ago (with 1/3 of what's reported being Warren, Bloomberg, and Pete I assume I'm right about that) then Biden's in good shape there. He'll gradually improve as votes are counted just like California.

Comment

Working...
                                X