No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox reporting Brazil's President has tested positive. They're awaiting a second test's results to confirm. Sort of like a second opinion, I guess.

He was in close contact with Trump for hours this past weekend

Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro has tested negative for coronavirus, his son Eduardo has told Fox News, contradicting earlier claims that he had tested positive. 

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Jerry Falwell Jr. says COVID-19 may be a bioweapon created by the North Koreans working hand in hand with the Chinese. It may be the "Christmas gift" Chairman Kim promised America a couple months ago

Oh but it's also no big deal and its danger is being exaggerated just to make Trump look bad.

Fox's own internal memos show they're taking things very seriously: staggering shifts, telling people to work remotely when possible, saying they owe the viewers to handle the story responsibly. But the on-air guests continue to present deranged, irresponsible information.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jerry-...ticles&via=rss
      I could see it as being an experimental bioweapon that got released through sheer incompetence and stupidity but nothing about it says "mastermind".

Comment

• Miami's Mayor tests positive after meeting with Brazilian president Bolsonaro and his press secretary

Bolsonaro's son is now vigorously denying he's infected, a half hour after telling Fox he was

Comment

• The Orange Menace speaks at 3 today. Looks like he's learning.....giving the market less than an hour before closing to crater after his speech.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hospital admins are the true heroes of healthcare. If anyone saves us from Covid-19, it will be them.

When someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trama from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, DSL, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he was in Executive Suite 1 on March 13 and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Are you four legged? Dog spelled backwards is God. Coincidence? I don't think so.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Jon doing everything he can to make sure Alabam"Alum"'s Malice reference is a dud. Suck it, AA!
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not sure that this adds much to the discussion, not that anything the rest of you jackholes post adds to the discussion, but this is a first hand account of (most likely) having the virus.
                  It was posted on Facebook by my wife's cousin who is a high-end realtor in NYC so it is not a "friend of a friend "said type thing.
                  Take if for what it's worth

I hardly ever get sick unless it is allergy-related. I workout 3-5 times a week and mostly clean eat so I feel like I have a strong immunity. On Sunday, February 16th I started feeling sick like a cold with a sore throat. I usually wait 7 days to go to the doctor because I don't want to go and them to say you have a virus we can't do anything. By Wednesday I was so sick I couldn't take it anymore. I had the worst sore throat I have ever had in my life. I had a cough where I would start choking and felt like I could projectile vomit from the force. I would literally start wheezing walking from my kitchen to my living room. I had people say to me when they would talk to me that I sounded like I needed to be on a nebulizer. When I went to the doctor I tested negative for the flu and strep, had a clear chest x-ray and my white blood cell count checked out fine. The Doctor's words were, "We don't understand how you are testing negative for everything and your symptoms are so severe". They gave me antibiotics because they said it was starting to get respiratory and would probably get worse if I didn't get on antibiotics. It took two weeks for me to fully recover. During those two weeks I was pretty much lethargic and bedridden. The symptoms I had were like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. Pretty much all of the symptoms on the CDC website.

During the incubation period I was at a cheer competition with I'm guessing over 10,000 people, I conduct Open Houses where I shake pretty much every persons hand, and I come in contact with a lot of people that travel internationally. I was reading every article and information on the CDC's website yesterday and they didn't start testing until 2/20 and they think people had it earlier that were not diagnosed. It's most likely coincidental but a curiosity for sure. Luckily no one in my family has been sick. We have to worry about Lily with her suppressed immune system. Hopefully, no one that was in my vicinity tests positive. This time when I was sick I actually stayed home because I honestly was afraid of getting in a car accident from the coughing. Who knows how long you are contagious before you have symptoms.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's scary. I keep on checking my son, he is this giant guy who never gets sick but he has had this respiratory infection that he can't shake. No fever so far and the urgent care cleared him of strep.

Comment

• Market is up over 1600 points (7%) from around 800 while Trump is conducting his press conference ..... but yeah, investor sentiment doesn't change much over what the US president has to say about COVID-19.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• National Emergency?

I thought it was Fake News! and a hoax designed to bring down Trump
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's a bioweapon sent by our communist enemies in China and North Korea as an act of war

Also nothing to worry about and is way overhyped

Comment

• "No, I don't take responsibility at all" -- The Trump Administration motto

Comment

• "That's a nasty question"

No, you jackass. That is a legitimate question.

Comment

• Dow closes up 1985 points (9.3%) and Trump's emergency declaration during his presser at 3:30pm gets the credit for it.

Seems that his emphasis was on removing barriers to and improving testing and testing access.

Google supposedly developing a web site which provides an algorithm for people worried that they might have or been exposed to COVID-19. Basically provides a list of symptoms and/or circumstances and if you fit the criteria it then advises you what to do and where to go to get tested in emerging drive through facilities that will be made available at multiple commercial (Target, CVS, Walmart, etc.) locations. New test kits will provide testing result in 24 to 36 hours.

The strategy as Fauci explained it is to aggressively test, isolate and appropriately treat confirmed COVID-19 + patients to lower the height of the confirmed positive numbers in the US. The thinking is that if you can do this, you'll reduce the strain on treatment facilities.

I know AA will know about EMTALA .... it basically dictates how ER MDs have to deal with patients who present at the front door of the ER. I don't know for sure but I have a feeling some of the restrictive treatment and admission requirements are getting waived......the unemotional triage of the most likely to survive will play.

Seems like investors liked what all these guys from industry that Trump had up on the podium had to say.

Have to see how this shakes out.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X