Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

If this is true then it highlights how preposterous it is to think there was any viable containment option. If 99,995 people silently have the virus, then...yeah...good luck stopping that...
    Well, I saw a report that the Congress and Supreme Court attending doctor said he expects 70-150 million Americans to get the virus if the mortality rate stays @3.4%....that would mean 2.38- 5.1 million Americans dead (given those numbers).
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The mortality rate is totally dependent on how stable the hospitals are, if it gets to Italy levels then that rate would be there. If you get to it like South Korea did the rate is a lot less.

I didn't hear the 100k figure from DeWine or the 75-150 million figure but wouldn't some of that be comtracted the less potent covid19 virus.

Last edited by froot loops; March 12, 2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• JP Morgan has revised its GDP projections for 2020

-2% in 1Q. -3% in 2Q. Bouncing back to 2.5% in 3Q IF there's about $500 billion in fiscal stimulus AND assuming the virus is mostly gone by late spring.

Comment

• Senators Rick Scott and Lindsay Graham were both at Mar a Lago last weekend and around the Brazilian delegation. Both of them are now placing themselves in self-quarantine (Brazil's Press Secretary has tested positive and there's growing alarm others around Bolsonaro or Bolsonaro himself are infected).

21 members of the Miami police force are now going into quarantine for having provided extra security for the Brazilians while they were here

Trump and Pence both see no reason to even be tested. Or at least that's their story publicly.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            The mortality rate is totally dependent on how stable the hospitals are, if it gets to Italy levels then that rate would be there. If you get to it like South Korea did the rate is a lot less.

I didn't hear the 100k figure from DeWine or the 75-150 million figure but wouldn't some of that be comtracted the less potent covid19 virus.

Here you go loops.

I might be off on the 3.4%---that is a number I remembered seeing the mortality rate.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I have to believe that includes people walking around as carriers who never develop significant symptoms. Same with the Ohio estimate

Comment

• those mortality rates are for someone who has it and shows symptoms. When they give those huge numbers I think that is similar to the flu numbers where a lot of the public gets the virus but it doesn't turn into the flu. If we see 75 million showing symptoms we are fubared. We need JB to talk on this, I am just an IT guy.

All these cancellations are based on these countries getting totally scared shitless about Italy. But they can't trace the outbreak in Italy as well as the other countries, they don't have a good grip on what happened. And remember, Italy just shut down Lombardi 5 days ago. Right now the US has two hotspots with Seattle and New York but the authorities seem to have a decent handle on it. These closures and cancellations totally suck but it means they are taking the measures to slow this down.

The key to this is as it has been for awhile is getting the tests where they need to be, it is unconscionable that the US has these bottlenecks with the time they had to prepare. But the time for that reckoning is later, right now move heaven and Earth to get it where it needs to be.
                  Last edited by froot loops; March 12, 2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• FWIW, my mother-in-law is an M.Public Health and worked with the State on this. She told me weeks ago that she thought it was probably already here and there were lots of carriers.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      FWIW, my mother-in-law is an M.Public Health and worked with the State on this. She told me weeks ago that she thought it was probably already here and there were lots of carriers.
                      M. Public Health?

Comment

• My wife almost had a coronary today when they wheeled in a potential patient on the floor with none of the precautions taken, totally against all defined procedures. She is pretty sure that the patient doesn't have it but it was a true WTF moment.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I have had two semesters of advanced epidemiology. Ask me anything.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I have had two semesters of advanced epidemiology. Ask me anything.
                              So when the woman is in labor you're the guy that cuts the taint to make it easier for the baby to come out?
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That shit grosses me out.

Comment

Working...
                                X