Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Lot of people talking about three Quinnipiac polls that came out today: Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Every Dem beating Trump in PA ranging from +3 to +8 (Biden)

Every Dem beating Trump in Michigan but more narrowly ranging from +1 to +5 (Sanders)

But Trump killing the field in Wisconsin from +7 to +11

Something seems a bit off when you tell me there's a 15 point swing away from Biden (towards Trump) going from PA to Wisconsin. It's the only one of the three states that sampled more Republicans AND more Independents than Democrats. I don't know the party IDs there well enough to say if that's an accurate picture.

I saw that. It does seem strange, but it's the same polling outfit doing all three states so who knows.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And Bernie still remains relatively free and f attacks. Others could sway undecideds. The think Bernie is at it near his high water mark.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I saw that. It does seem strange, but it's the same polling outfit doing all three states so who knows.
          Their sample was 32% Republican, 26% Democrat, 35% Independent. For the other two states the Independents were much lower and Dems outnumbered Republicans by about 3-5%.

35% of voters in Wisconsin aligning with neither party (even outnumbering both) seems high but it's possible? Just from a common sense standard it seems very odd to have Wisconsin be THAT much more pro-Trump than MI/PA.

In 2016 Trump actually got a smaller share of the vote in Wisconsin than in Pennsylvania. I did a quick check and going back to at least 1980 and the Republican performance in Wisconsin and PA has never been off by more than about 3 points. And usually closer than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            If the Stone pardon happens, it just adds to the list of brazen, self-serving acts carried out by Trump. I go hot and cold on the tipping point thing. If I'm representative of a conservative voter who's on the fence on voting for Trump v. an unappealing D alternative, including the unlikely nomination of a compromise Bloomberg at the DNC, there has to be a lot of us out there.

I don't see this cohort in any of the polling data but man, November is coming up quickly and I'm dreading it. I think what it comes down to is insuring I do my part to keep the Senate solidly in the hands of the Rs regardless of who gets elected president. Feel pretty confident that the House will maintain a D Majority. They might work to act on a Sanders agenda but the Senate won't let it get crazy.
            Stone should get a full pardon. There should have never been an investigation to begin with into any aspect of the bullshit Russia Hoax. His real crime was being a Donald Trump supporter. If he had lied to a FISA court judge to get a secret wiretap on Donald Trump, he'd be a hero to the Democrats and there would never be any charges filed.

No more of this bullshit double standard justice system where Republicans get lengthy prison sentences for victimless "crimes" when Democrats get off scot free every single time for things that are far worse.
            Last edited by Hannibal; February 20, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Hanni, I don't think the judge that just heard the case that Stone's Attorneys argued for more lenient sentencing agrees with your position. Her comments are posted above - and I quote DSL here who, in part, quotes Judge Jackson:

".......................Stone & Trump claim this is a political prosecution. Jackson noted that it was Devin Nunes who ran the Committee that Stone lied to. It was Devin Nunes who gave Stone's testimony to the DOJ. And it was Jeff Sessions' DOJ who chose to prosecute. Not a bunch of Democrats. "He was not prosecuted for standing up for the President; he was prosecuted for covering up for the President"..."Witnesses do not get to decide for themselves whether Congress is entitled to the facts"..."There was nothing unfair, phony, or disgraceful about this prosecution"

I agree that the 7-9y sentence Stone is arguing is excessive, is, in fact, excessive and not consistent with others having been tried and convicted of similar crimes. I do not agree that this was a political prosecution. It wasn't. It was a prosecution for a crime. The rest of your post is whataboutism.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• season 6 birch barlow GIF

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Stone should get a full pardon. There should have never been an investigation to begin with into any aspect of the bullshit Russia Hoax. His real crime was being a Donald Trump supporter. If he had lied to a FISA court judge to get a secret wiretap on Donald Trump, he'd be a hero to the Democrats and there would never be any charges filed.

No more of this bullshit double standard justice system where Republicans get lengthy prison sentences for victimless "crimes" when Democrats get off scot free every single time for things that are far worse.
                  One of those Dems getting off scot free every single time was just let out of sing-sing by your hero simply because his wife showed up on President Deals' favorite teevee shows and he mistakingly thought Jim Comey had prosecuted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Hanni, I don't think the judge that just heard the case that Stone's Attorneys argued for more lenient sentencing agrees with your position. Her comments are posted above - and I quote DSL here who, in part, quotes Judge Jackson:

".......................Stone & Trump claim this is a political prosecution. Jackson noted that it was Devin Nunes who ran the Committee that Stone lied to. It was Devin Nunes who gave Stone's testimony to the DOJ. And it was Jeff Sessions' DOJ who chose to prosecute. Not a bunch of Democrats. "He was not prosecuted for standing up for the President; he was prosecuted for covering up for the President"..."Witnesses do not get to decide for themselves whether Congress is entitled to the facts"..."There was nothing unfair, phony, or disgraceful about this prosecution"

I agree that the 7-9y sentence Stone is arguing is excessive, is, in fact, excessive and not consistent with others having been tried and convicted of similar crimes. I do not agree that this was a political prosecution. It wasn't. It was a prosecution for a crime. The rest of your post is whataboutism.

What you call "whataboutism" is what I would call "equal standards of justice". What Roger Stone did is absolutely nothing compared to using a fabricated spy dossier and lying to a FISA court to get a secret wiretap. Nobody has been charged with those crimes -- severe and legitimate crimes -- real crimes. And nobody ever will be.

Start prosecuting Democrats for their real crimes and we can start having debates about how unethical it is for Donald Trump to use his pardon power to pardon people on completely irrelevant crimes. Crimes that would have never come about were it not for a phony Russia Conspiracy Hoax investigation. But we both know that will absolutely, positively ever happen. The ends justify the means for the Left. They don't bring knives to gun fights.

So... pardon away, Donald.

Comment

• Fox News is a hell of a drug.

It's Roger's time in the barrel. It has been a long time coming for a true scumbucket.

Comment

• ...... the only issue I have with an otherwise fair post, Hanni, is the term "irrelevant crimes." Is that akin to the oxymoron, "almost pregnant?"
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Roger is going to have to find some money to buy a pardon. Trump doesn't do them for free. It's why Manafort is still rotting in prison, he got.rico'ed. Roger can't even pay his lawyers. If he gets pardon he has to give testimony, if he refuses back to jail for contempt.

Comment

• If Trump is smart, he'll pardon him.

That's a big if.

Comment

• Trump will not believe any findings because Pookie-Bear Vlad told him not to.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It's all a hoax! Fox news says so.

Comment

Working...
                                X