Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Hundreds of Generals and Admirals sign a letter endorsing Biden, saying Trump lacks both the character and judgment to serve as CIC.

I had no idea who this Paul Selva guy was before this article, but he was Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs until last year. #2 at the Pentagon. Had lots of interaction with Trump and briefed him at times. According to some reporters he's the most eyebrow-raising name on the list, had never come out against Trump before.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...e-who-n1240842
    We're a couple of outspoken Generals away from: "Shut up and war"

No one gives a shit about what sort of signal that should serve as.

Even Mattis, once hailed as Trump's great military counterpart, basically whimpered in silence with his Atlantic article.

People who are voting for Trump are doing so no matter what -- most are faux patriots like krapture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      Riots (or protests... don't want to be racist), stock market sell off, and COVID out of control in some European countries (France). Aww hell.

satan GIF
      Many countries are experiencing a second wave, including places like Spain that instituted a Draconian lockdown. The virus never went away and we will never quarantine a virus into extinction.

The notion that we could have eliminated this virus with a quick, short-lived Draconian lockdown and be back to normal by now is preposterous. As is the notion that there is any future outcome other than a vaccine or herd immunity.

Comment

• Peaceful Democrat protestor taps a police officer with a Stick of Peace.

But seriously, it speaks volumes about how tolerant and not fascist our country is that the guy swinging that bat was not immediately ventilated or at least beaten to a pulp. Ditto for the thousands of other adult children around the country attacking police officers and random innocent civilians. Worse than adult children because even children expect to be spanked at some point. It's incredible how much patience our country has shown with these people.
        Last edited by Hannibal; September 24, 2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• "Hundreds" of military bigwigs supposedly opposed Obama as well.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Peaceful Democrat protestors disrupt restaurant.

Comment

• The President and Mrs. Trump were booed and jeered at the Supreme Court when they came to pay respects to Justice Ginsberg.

President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump paid their respects to the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Thursday morning, as Ginsburg lied in repose at the Supreme Court building.

Even when Trump attempts to do the right thing, he's not allowed to do so without some mugwump expressing their displeasure.

Would Justice Ginsberg want people "booing and jeering" at her funeral?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Would Justice Ginsberg want people "booing and jeering" at her funeral?
                At Trump? Yes.

Comment

• To be fair, Hanni .. I'm not sure she'd want that.

Remember, her best friend on the Court was Antonin Scalia. Their families used to vacation together.

I think she'd be embarrassed by those who use her funeral to disrespect a President.

I could be wrong.

Comment

• The restraint that the police demonstrate every day is nothing short of remarkable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      The restraint that the police demonstrate every day is nothing short of remarkable.
                      Agree.

I wouldn't be a very good cop, because the first time a "peaceful protester" hit me or one of my fellow officers with a ball bat, I'd open fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        .........I think she'd be embarrassed by those who use her funeral to disrespect a President.are

I could be wrong.
                        I think you are. There's a strong anti-Trump sentiment right now among the woke left. EVERYTHING, I mean everything has become an opportunity to make a statement. The "You're a racist" tag if you speak up for the outrageous behavior that characterizes the "peaceful protesting" against "racial injustice" has silenced intelligent condemnation of it by many or cowered officials who should be mobilizing law enforcement, the National Guard and kicking ass. Law enforcement at all levels know who the provocateurs and organizers tossing Molotov Cocktails and burning stuff down are; The stupid goons that line up behind them to carry out their anarchy and terror tactics are on film. Biden has said "rioting and looting, violence, is not protesting. It is lawlessness" and should face accountability under the law. I have to take him at his word that he'll follow through with that. Trump? Whatever he is saying and doing about it is ineffective or he allows it to be diluted by woke D state level officials. I'm close to wanting the President to declare Marshal Law but that won't happen because it is a politically untenable thing to do 5w from the presidential election. Self over duty.

I started yelling at the TV this morning watching GMA and ABC's reporting on the Louisville's DA not charging the officers who lawfully entered a known felon's and drug dealer's apartment, got shot at and correctly unloaded their weapons into the dark where the muzzle flash came from. There was 10 minutes of sympathy for these fucks during ABC's report, pictures and human interest BS on Breona Taylor, questions posed asking, what if Breona was your daughter, how would you feel about her "murder at the hands of police." First of all, my daughter would not be hanging with drug dealers and potentially participating in their illegal activities so, dumb question but FFS, it resonates with people that don't have a clue about the facts. Then there was a 20 second balancing piece from the Local Director of the NAACP, a lawyer himself, saying the GJ's finding was correct and in accordance with the law followed by a 3 minute diatribe by Walker's defense attorney, repeating all manner of lies about this lawful police intervention and calling for murder charges against all 3 officers. Fuck that.

I'm better than a coin flip for Biden but, admittedly it's close. I believe Trump is unfit for the presidency and should not be reelected - he cares little for the principals embodied in the constitution that I spent 20 years of my life wearing a uniform prepared to defend them, he spits on his oath of office and puts advancing his own fortunes and himself above service. I'm in complete agreement with the flag rank officers blasting him. If I'd stayed around long enough to grab a star or four before retiring I'd be right with them.

Both FL Senate seats are held by R's (Scott and Rubio) and neither are up for reelection so, I can't try to insure the Senate stays in Republican hands. I have already voted for local law enforcement and judicial candidates who are strongly pro-law enforcement and tough on crime. Most of them, not all, are R's. The Broward Co. incumbent Sheriff is a D but he has condemned the rioting, supports Desantis' recent law and order legislation and has said police brutality is over-played and if there are problems, they can be resolved with training not abolishing police. He's black. South Florida is not having ANY of the silly shit going on in Portland, Seattle or Chicago. The rest of the state is pretty conservative, gun toting folks. Part of it is Desantis but more of it is voters who are strong law enforcement advocates, many of them in S. FL from Cuba and Latin America, supportive of the police.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 24, 2020, 12:39 PM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This isn't any major factor or anything but just kinda wild.

Minnesota's 2nd District will not be decided on Election Day but instead is heading for a Special election in February 2021. A guy named Adam Weeks, the candidate for the "Legal Marijuana Now Party", died. Under Minnesota law if a major party candidate dies within 79 days of the election, you have to hold a special election for the seat instead. Somehow this party got enough votes in the last gubernatorial election or something to qualify as a "major party".

This is a very tight district, voting Republican in 2016 and then Dem in the midterms.

Comment

• Waiting for Hannibal's inevitable, "Hillary had him killed because he would take votes from the Democrat"
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Waiting for Hannibal's inevitable, "Hillary had him killed because he would take votes from the Democrat"
                              Well, it does fit her M.O. ... so .....

Comment

• The afternoon edition of the Economist I receive daily has a very good article titled Why Governments Get COVID-19 Wrong.

It correctly explains that deaths on a global basis are declining yet, you'd never know that by listening to the news. The reason for that are two fold: (1) The leading nations in new cases that include the US and India are experiencing the increase in a markedly less vulnerable cohort that is either asymptomatic or has only mild symptoms. India's age group is 27, the US's is around 35. (2) Patient care has improved dramatically. There remains a lot of suffering associated with COVID. The opinion being offered by the article's author is that governments have screwed up the basics and that's why there is suffering on the scale being experienced. Unfortunately this will continue.

The right lauds Sweden, the left New Zealand. Both of the countries pursued very different pandemic response. SK and Taiwan have led the world in successful responses achieving a balance between maintaining economic vitality while controlling disease spread. This was made possible by rigorous testing and tracing protocols, identification of outbreaks and quarantining of the infected. And, without shuttering thier economies. None of this is hard when there is a nationally coordinated response for testing and tracing and messaging is clear and consistent. If you've been paying attention, the massive fuck up by Trump who absolutely failed to have the federal government mount a coordinated response is nothing short of criminal. Messaging has been confusing, contradictory and often misleading. Voters need to wake up.

SARS-CoV-2 is going to be around through 2021 and probably well beyond that. A vaccine will help but will not be a cure. There are multiple reasons for that assertion. You've heard them. The point to be made here is that countries like the US who are fucking this up need to get a handle on testing and tracing. Without that happening we'll continue to suffer repeated outbreaks after gaining a level of control through masking, distancing and limited closings. The economy will not recover in this circumstance because sectors of it will remain closed, ostensibly to regain control, then reopen. Rinse and repeat.

It's frustrating when the solution to control of the virus is so incredibly simple. It requires a national plan, consistent testing and tracing protocols state by state along with standardized reporting criteria. The technology to accomplish this is available. The resources, if priorities were given to getting this done, are available. Donald Trump is incapable of getting this done out of sheer incompetence , his repeated lying and political views inconsistent with top down federal action.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 24, 2020, 04:02 PM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X