Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

LOL! The world according to talent.

Buying votes is buying votes and that is exactly what this is.
    I totally disagree that Trump's promise to forgive the payroll tax being deferred (but only if he gets reelected) is a form of bribe.

Actually, it's extortion!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      DSL:

I’m mostly with you (except for your final sentence). To be clear, I was commenting on the appearance. I don’t think it’s crazy to think this through a bit. I think I’m probably in general agreement with you, but it still doesn’t sit quite right with me.
      There are definitely details I hinted at about the process that could come out and make me think "whoa, okay not on board with this". But if money stays out of the ex-con hands and there's no evidence of extra benefits being dished out, I don't think this is outrageous. It would look better if Bloomberg weren't involved. Like if this was just a multi-million charity set up by Lebron to pay the court costs, on what possible grounds would that be illegal?

Comment

• LOL...nice anarchy symbol, guys

image4544206x.jpg
        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 23, 2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Bloomberg does make it more dubious. For that matter, a State could vote to forgive the debts owed and it’d be obviously kosher. Bloomberg is highly political, though, and he’s spending his money. Again, I think it’s legal and such, but it doesn’t sit well with me.

I guess if I were going to spin a hypothetical, maybe Ted Cruz paying for buses/cars to transport people living in rural locales to polls ostensibly because polling places are distant in the sticks. And, say, do it in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
          Last edited by iam416; September 23, 2020, 07:19 PM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I wonder if Mr. Bloomberg would send a few G's my way if I told him I was a convicted felon who needs some cash "so I can vote again"... I mean, all I'd need is what he considers to be chump change...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A Louisville police officer has been shot and is at U of L hospital. Little else known at this time.

Comment

• I hear that 2 officers shot

Comment

• Peaceful
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yep. Just confirmed. 2 officers shot in downtown Louisville.

Comment

• And not to be cold about this, .. but shooting the cops did not bring back Breonna Taylor.

Her death was a horrible situation, and the "no knock" warrant has now been outlawed in Louisville. It should probably be outlawed nation wide.

And burning down Louisville doesn't bring "justice" to anyone.

And, I see criminals are using the Taylor decision as an excuse to start rioting and looting again in other cities.

I'm sorry, but its time for the National Guard to lock and load. Enough of this already.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Not to quibble. but the warrant was approved as a “no-knock” but the officers DID announce themselves after pounding on the door.

Agree 100% on National Guard and use of force. Live ammo time.

Comment

• bears jerseyv40 was my first jersey i ever owned
                          Sayers scored 22 tds in one year including a Kick return punt return and rush td--i think the only one in nfl hx to score that hat trick

tonight will be the first of many cops that wind up being found to have acted appriately. it would not surprise me if the minneapolis gets found innocent in a court of law--floyd died of fentanyl meth cocktail--he did not have a compressed airway he had lungs full of fluid from drugs

the atlanta shooting of the taser toting suspect will be found innocent

have to call out the guard the right way though --dont need another kent state

need to do what florida is trying to do--make rioting and assault on police a mandatory 6 month jail term

instead of letting them out the next day without charges or low bail
                          Last edited by crashcourse; September 23, 2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• The Jacob Blake cops have a strong case, too. If anyone saw the dash cam footage of the two Tulsa cops that were shot, it’s a textbook case of why you don’t let someone reach back into their car.

Comment

• Oh man...Animal of the Legion of Doom aka Joseph Laurinaitis aka James Laurinaitis’s dad has died. Only 60.

Comment

• L-Ville "peaceful protests"...lol...yep...professional dickwads showing up with UHauls...unloading riot gear...

...take the fuckers down...take 'em down hard...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X