No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon, I'm past talking about being reasonable. Masks and distancing work. Its unreasoanable to think otherwise but I don't think anti maskers are the problem. The math is the problem. The virus is something like 10x more transmissible than the 1918 pandemic influenza virus and 7x less lethal. Officials making public health policy need to come to grips with that and start fashioning and implementing response strategies that, unlike the idiocy of the initial and even in some instances the current batch that have proven beyond any doubt that the economic and social costs far outweigh the PH benefits.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Christianity has as much to do with the creation of Islam, as I do in creating ice cream.
      Without Islam---I seriously doubt you would have the modern version of Christianity.

Islam, when it was encroaching on Europe, was actually the more progressive religion. It said that men and women were equal. It was translated into Greek and other languages that common people read. Whereas Christianity was in latin (which ruling classes could read).

It was then that TPTB elevated Mary in Christianity. Not because they believed it, but because they were losing ground to Islam back in the day.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• So, folks organize to protest suppression of Post article and in favor of free speech and press. They are attacked by BLM and Antifa peaceful protestors.

Suppress speech. Beat people who speak against the suppression, Leftists going to leftist.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jeff, perhaps someone on a federal level will step up and provide leadership, an example to follow, state unvarnished truth, and provide a coherent strategy.

Nahhhh.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Article-Image-Iconic-Closed-Businesses-People-Desperately-Miss-Burger-Chef.jpg

If you remember these places, you are old. One of my first jobs as a HS teen was in one of these places.

dang .. now I want a Super Chef ....
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              So, folks organize to protest suppression of Post article and in favor of free speech and press. They are attacked by BLM and Antifa peaceful protestors.

Suppress speech. Beat people who speak against the suppression, Leftists going to leftist.
              Which is why criminalizing self defense and making sure that violent Leftists don't serve jail time is a huge priority for the Left.

Comment

• Heh...Trump supporters are underperformers....

The Point Bridge GOP Stock Tracker ETF (MAGA), which trades under the symbol MAGA, is down 8% this year -- in sharp contrast to the benchmark S&P 500, which is up 7%.

Trump isn't involved in the fund. Despite the cutesy ticker symbol, it isn't designed to track Trump-friendly stocks or industries like oil giants, big banks and defense contractors. Rather, Point Bridge -- the investment firm that manages an index which the fund is based on -- says it invests in 150 S&P 500 companies that have the highest number of workers and political action committees (PACs) that have donated to Republicans in the past two election cycles. The fund has underperformed against the broader market since itsSeptember 2017 inception, up just 6.7% compared to the S&P's 41.5% pop.

Last edited by Ghengis Jon; October 19, 2020, 10:03 AM.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump bashing Fauci on a campaign call to staff...calls him a disaster, would have gotten way more people killed if we had listened to him. Sayd the public is sick of hearing from him and all these idiots talking about covid.

Great message discipline in the closing weeks.

Comment

• lol...Talent's boy, Jeffrey Toobin, suspended by the New Yorker for "exposing himself" during a work Zoom call.

The call was an election simulation featuring New Yorker all-stars. Toobin apologized for the "embarrassingly stupid mistake."

Comment

• Rush Limbaugh ain't got long to live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Rush Limbaugh ain't got long to live.
                        I believe he's fighting some sort of cancer. He's had a lot of health issues over the years.

Comment

• He was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer back in late January, I believe. At that point it’s all about buying time. It sucks. My family lost someone to cancer last year. I fucking hate cancer.

Comment

• I'm guessing Rush has about 6 months. Very sad...he's a patriot.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If Turmp could message correctly, he's right in saying people are tired of hearing about COVID cases. They are but it's not Fauci saying that. Fauci has been astutely politically correct. He's a popular figure. Trump does more damage to himself by attacking a reasonable Fauci who has been very careful to stake out only ground he can defend.

Fauci heads the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. His stand has been about defining the virus and the risk of spread. To that end he has been honest and accurate. What's missing is direction from Redfield and his staff in the form of a well articulated strategic and effective federal response There's your idiot. He hasn't been heard from since Trump told him to STFU. Moreover, the errors from this formerly respected body have been abundant.

Sure, there's evidence that Trump has interfered with the CDC's role but his poorly messaged way to deal with the virus at this point in time states that it isn't ranting about new cases and hand wringing over it. He could make a move if he announced a national testing strategy in combination with his highly successful WARP Seed vaccine program as a means of controlling the virus while keeping social and economic cost to a minimum. As usual, he'll fuck it up and miss an opportunity. It's too late to figure out a way to not let the media drown out a reasonable message. Right now, his political opponents are whipping his ass augmented by a cooperative media.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 19, 2020, 07:17 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Right now, his political opponents are whipping his ass augmented by a cooperative media.
                                Correct. And I'll add to it that Trump has handed them the whip to do just that with his stupid attitude.

If the man could have just found a way to take the high road, especially over the past 12 months, he would have buried anyone that the Dems put up against him.

Comment

Working...
                                X