No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only people that give a shit about Hunter Biden are the die hard Trumpsters. That bullshit isn't changing anyone's mind.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I really like Alone. I'm not exactly sure why, but something about it appeals to me. Surviving 100 days in the fucking Yukon (not during summer) is no caveats insane.
      I imagine you saw the season where the guy killed a moose? (maybe last season?)

If not, you need to see it. That guy is an Alone survival rock star. Joe Rogan interviewed him. One of the few Joe Rogan shows that I listened to, but it was definitely worth a listen to get some insights into the show.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Wiz will be heart-broken

Comment

• And Gary Peters has been polling behind Biden in Michigan consistently.
          Peters is a lock-sure winner. Senate Democrat incumbents in Michigan are NEVER voted out. They ALWAYS retire in the job. Michigan voters ALWAYS reward Democrat Senators with lifetime appointments. Debbie Stupidnow has been in the Senate for almost 20 years, and that is the only state-wide seat she's ever won. She was whipped when she tried to run for Governor, and she barely held on to the original House seat she had. She's never leaving the Senate until she wants to.

Same with Peters. He's a Democrat incumbent Senator from Michigan, and unless someone can prove that he likes having sex with grasshoppers, he's safe as long as he wants the job. Michigan voters are highly gullible when it comes to Senate Democrats. They buy them hook, line and sinker.

In my lifetime of 66 years, I've never seen an incumbent Senate Democrat from Michigan voted OUT of office. Never. They've always retired on the job.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Ds aren't taking Peters' reelection for granted. They seem to be dumping a lot of money into that race. I've seen more, way more, ads for Peters than any other candidate and I receive mailers supporting him on an almost daily basis. Conversely, I've seen exactly ONE John James ad and his mailers are always some milquetoast tropes about Peters not supporting military spending and being pro-sanctuary cities.

Comment

• I doubt Ds can in ANY way take the last month for granted... if you simply look at cash alone. I read that Biden raised $700-800M in the last two months and has ~$500M cash on hand.
              What are they going to spend that cash on in 2 1/2 weeks ... toilet paper?

No. Ds ads will continue to be vastly in their favor as what I have seen in my non-battleground state. Can't imagine what Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Florida are like right now...
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                The Ds aren't taking Peters' reelection for granted. They seem to be dumping a lot of money into that race. I've seen more, way more, ads for Peters than any other candidate and I receive mailers supporting him on an almost daily basis. Conversely, I've seen exactly ONE John James ad and his mailers are always some milquetoast tropes about Peters not supporting military spending and being pro-sanctuary cities.
                Yea, James is making it difficult for Peters, but in the end, Michigan voters get comfortable with Democrat Senate incumbents, and they'll vote Peters back in comfortably. Its really too bad, because James is a good man, and would be an excellent Senator, and would provide a much-needed counter balance to the dead weight that Stupidnow brings to the table. Stupidnow hasn't had an independent thought since arriving in the Senate. She's a good little Democrat, and toddles along behind Chuck Schumer and makes sure she reads her Democrat talking points every day, so she knows what she believes.

Peters retains fairly easily.

And the Dems will re-take the Senate. Giddy times for that side of the aisle. The rest of us get to STFU and hope President Kamala doesn't make too big of a mess before 2024.

Comment

• In 2024 you'll be rallying behind Republican nominee Tucker Carlson

Comment

• Nah .. Tucker is going to have problems keeping his Fox job, much less running for Prez.

Repubs will probably get someone like Pence or a Bush du jour.

Fear not, Strangelove. Kamala will have a full 8 years to rescue us all from ourselves.

Comment

• shaddup
                      Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Yea, James is making it difficult for Peters, but in the end, Michigan voters get comfortable with Democrat Senate incumbents, and they'll vote Peters back in comfortably. Its really too bad, because James is a good man, and would be an excellent Senator, and would provide a much-needed counter balance to the dead weight that Stupidnow brings to the table. Stupidnow hasn't had an independent thought since arriving in the Senate. She's a good little Democrat, and toddles along behind Chuck Schumer and makes sure she reads her Democrat talking points every day, so she knows what she believes.

Peters retains fairly easily.
                        There's a fair chance that Peters' re-election is a dress rehearsal for Whitmer's re-election bid in 2 years. Voters just might be viewing him as Gretch's stunt double- because, really, what other identity does this guy have?

Comment

• If the Republicans in Michigan will wise up, they can get Whitmer out in 2022. They've got to run someone who is more appealing than a slice of dry toast. Gretch can be beaten if she continues to whine and pout over her dictatorship being dismantled by the MSC. They can also beat her on her "dam roads" proposal/demand to raise gas taxes by 170%, which even her own party would not put up in the form of a bill. She's vulnerable, and can be beaten, but Repubs have to put up someone with the right ideas, and someone who is more interesting than the last guy they ran.

Michigan voters traditionally stick with incumbents, especially on the Democrat side. John Conyers served with George Washington and Tom Jefferson, and would still serving today if he would have lived. Now we have the marvelous Rashida Tliab with a lifetime appointment in that seat. Ain't Michigan great?

Peters is a tad vulnerable on the military pay issue. He is on record as opposing military pay increases, and that doesn't sit well with the folks at the VFW and American Legion. But unfortunately, SE Michigan usually decides who goes to the Senate, and that's heavily Democratic territory. They don't care very much about military pay.
                          Last edited by lineygoblue; October 16, 2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            If the Republicans in Michigan will wise up, they can get Whitmer out in 2022. They've got to run someone who is more appealing than a slice of dry toast. Gretch can be beaten if she continues to whine and pout over her dictatorship being dismantled by the MSC. They can also beat her on her "dam roads" proposal/demand to raise gas taxes by 170%, which even her own party would not put up in the form of a bill. She's vulnerable, and can be beaten, but Repubs have to put up someone with the right ideas, and someone who is more interesting than the last guy they ran.

Michigan voters traditionally stick with incumbents, especially on the Democrat side. John Conyers served with George Washington and Tom Jefferson, and would still serving today if he would have lived. Now we have the marvelous Rashida Tliab with a lifetime appointment in that seat. Ain't Michigan great?

Peters is a tad vulnerable on the military pay issue. He is on record as opposing military pay increases, and that doesn't sit well with the folks at the VFW and American Legion. But unfortunately, SE Michigan usually decides who goes to the Senate, and that's heavily Democratic territory. They don't care very much about military pay.

Conyers did a lot of good as a Michigan Rep for a lot of years. A lot of environmental cleanup in polluted industrial areas (River Rogue comes to mind). Tlaib doesn't bother me and by all accounts she is very receptive to problems that the people in her district bring up. Pretty much what a US rep should be in that regard.

I don't know a Michigan Republican that a) a personality beyond dry toast and b) is not batshit crazy.

I mean really Shirkey (Michigan Senate Majority leader) bemoans any restrictions on businesses for covid 19 and any sort of mask mandate.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I mean really Shirkey (Michigan Senate Majority leader) bemoans any restrictions on businesses for covid 19 and any sort of mask mandate.
                              This makes him "batshit" crazy? TBH, I don't know if he is or isn't or if he is a decent legislator or not. Mitigation measure have become symbols of political preference. No mask mandate? You must be a Trumpster. Flaunt your mask and get in the face of those that don't, lock everything down? You must be in the anti-trump, dump on anything Trump does or says crowd.

Masks prevent the spread of disease, no doubt. Trump's claims that they don't are false. Restricting business activity and social mobility prevent the spread of disease. Revert to pre-COVID life is foolhardy.

TBH, Trump has the right ideas - mask mandates can be seen as an infringement on freedom of choice and a symbol of federal government over-reach. Such directives should be left to the states and local officials. Shuttering businesses to reduce the spread of a virus has long since been shown to be way more costly than PH benefits derived therefrom. The problem for Trump in articulating these points is that he just sucks at it. He makes false claims, his political opponents and the media blast him, he lashes out like a child, the CDC and it's leadership have staked out turf and have reputations to protect, the din goes on.

The two sides of this argument can quibble over details and decent data exists to support either of them. But deferring mask mandates to the states where a county with no viral spread need not wear masks while one where community spread is present will wear them and such mask mandates will be enforced. On restrictions to business activity, this practice as a public health measure may have been the most damaging and useless undertaking that the US government has ever embarked on. For sure, its continuance and arguably it's initiation as a response to the pandemic. You know I can go down the list of countries that didn't do this, elected to undertake alternative pandemic responses and are better off today than countries that imposed lock-downs.

Lots of mistakes were made leading up to, once viral spread was established and now in dealing with the ongoing pandemic. One of them was not mandating masks.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 17, 2020, 07:31 AM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Shitty Shirkey is a mini-me to Moscow Mitch. His claim to fame is that he opposes everything. He reminds me of Groucho Marx singing "I'm Against It".

I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the roads, Liney. Last couple of years there's been a shit ton of road work in my area. (Gone from 14th century backwater to 19th century backwater.) She is fixing the damn roads as far as I can see.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X