X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think there's a couple things. First, the Warp Speed project or whatever seems very likely to be hugely successful and likely the most important aspect of the fight against Covid. Biden will inherit the fruits of that project, but that was actually driven by PDJT or his administration. Second, there needed to be some pushback against the fear-mongering. Locking down indefiitely was (and is) profoundly stupid policy. And that's the direction the Media was taking us. Third, leaving it up to the states/localities is fundamentally the right decision.

PDJT as a leader during the pandemic was frequently mixed message (as is always the case). seldomly articulating the right message, never articulating a coherent message and rarely (if ever) expressing empathy. It's not particularly hard to do and say what, e.g., Governor DeWine did and said. As I've said, he's no genius. It's far more remarkable that PDJT couldn't articulate something like that than the fact that Governore DeWine did.

Buchanan has specific policy criticisms of PDJT on this issue, most of which I agree with, but his fundamental failure was simply his inability to lead. I'm not sure we'd be in a much different place in terms of actual numbers if, e.g., Biden was President. I mean, no matter who was leading they were facing AA's ol' Zimbabwe choice. However, I'm quite certain Biden would have done a much better job speaking to the issue.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DeWine's been great. There's a bipartisan mix of Governors that have by and large done a good job.

I just want people to take the risk seriously and do the bare minimum to help stop spread. Is that so much to ask? It ain't the bubonic plague but it is, without question, the highest pandemic death toll in America since the Spanish Flu. If you're over the age of 70 living in rural Wisconsin and take all sorts of precautions against a home invasion, worry at least as much about THIS

Comment

• Right. And that's an easy message that probably has 80% approval and one that DeWine basically says. That's why it's so befuddling that PDJT couldn't find it in him to get to the same point. I mean, I guess it's not befuddling -- it's more astounding.

Comment

• Not when you consider the source.

Comment

• Eh. I'm not befuddled -- I understand why it's happening. But it still astounds me. Source or not. I was, e.g., still astounded at how badly M played defense under RichGOD in Year 3. I understood it, but it was still something that suprised me because I just couldn't bring myself to accept that anyone was that incompetent.

Comment

• The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a vote on ACB October 22nd. There were initial reports that they would hold the vote this morning before the witnesses' testimony (4 four/4 against).

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  The whole thing is actually very Trumpian in that folks have managed to turn a molehill into a mountain. The Biden story is mostly meh. The fact that social media is censoring it is very much not meh especially, as crash notes, given the sources of the stories run against PDJT continuously for 4 years. I mean, just recently the NYT ran a story on PDJT's tax returns (newsworthy). Of course, those were leaked to the NYT and that's an actual crime. So, spare me the hacking bullshit.

It's just further confirmation that social media platforms are in the tank for the Left. I mean....IN. THE. TANK.
                  The real problematic part of the "mainstream" press/social media (is there really a difference?) is that the "stream" is narrowing, has more competition, and losing credibility at an alarming rate. Gone are the days where they can craft a narrative, state it as fact and easily fit tinfoil hats on everybody that doesn't agree with them.

Their exposure in 2016 might have been the end of them if Trump wasn't so obsessed with antagonizing them at each opportunity. Without that, I'm not sure if COVID would have reached critical mass as a political weapon.

Regardless, it's probably going to work in bringing down Trump. That's neither all good or all bad. The problem is that the MSM isn't going to be able to hide behind the curtain of uncertainty about COVID for much longer, Jeff's running points about the "data" are spot on. Eventually, somebody is actually going to get down to doing real science-sort through the numbers have some real answers.

If it turns out that this country was placed in lockdown unnecessarily for 8 months, the MSM/DNC will have problems beyond conspiracy videos on YouTube to deal with.

Comment

• My biggest beef with the media is the coverage of the social unrest/rioting/false "systemic racism" narrative. Covid has been shitty also but the media has essentially been indistinguishable form Antifa in their coverage of the Peaceful Protests for Peace.

Comment

• Yeah, on race, there's only one side. And if you're not on that "side" then you're a racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        My biggest beef with the media is the coverage of the social unrest/rioting/false "systemic racism" narrative. Covid has been shitty also but the media has essentially been indistinguishable form Antifa in their coverage of the Peaceful Protests for Peace.
                        Yeah, I can grant them some tolerance on the COVID storyline- because, to be fair, this was pretty much uncharted territory. The history of race relations is this country has been pretty well documented. Heck, the names of people on Rosa Park's bus are more important than those on the Declaration of Independence.
                        Last edited by Tom W; October 15, 2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Media and social media are vastly partisan. That's the problem. If you can't see that, sucks to suck.
                          CNN, Fox News, CBS, ABC, NBC, Comedy Central... media being agenda driven is an issue. They have the RIGHT to do so, but it's sad to see people brainwashed on all sides due to only getting information from a few sources.

Like shit, if I only received news from CNN, I'd hate Trump/ believe the world is burning too. or Fox News, would believe in far reaching conspiracies.
                          BTW, what happened to the Chinese doctor that said China created COVID19 on purpose? Someone posted that a month ago.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Trump claims at one of his rallies today that 85% of the people that wear masks catch covid anyways. No idea where he pulled that one from. He's also been mocking Fauci for the first time that I can recall.

Comment

• Appears that Ben Sasse is ready and stoked for a post-Trump world. Wow. Unloads on Trump in a call with constituents

* Kisses dictators' butts
                              * Flirts with white supremacists
                              * Mishandled covid
                              * Spends "like a drunken sailor"
                              * Mistreats women
                              * Mocks evangelicals behind their backs
                              * He and his family treat the Presidency like a business opportunity

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse excoriated President Trump in a telephone conference call with constituents this week, saying he had mishandled the coronavirus response, "kisses dictators' butts," "sells out our allies," spends "like a drunken sailor," mistreats women, and trash-talks evangelicals behind their backs.Trump has "flirted with white supremacists," according to Sasse, and his family "treated

Comment

• ...and we are all mocking you...dumbass...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X