Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Now for something very cool and not Covid or riot based.

what a neat private plane. Very impressive innovation:

https://apple.news/ACRyZbP_gSQ6KPN5fvFIW4Q
    Yeah that is pretty neat.

Comment

• In related news, colleges across the nation that have reopened and feature some blend of in-person learning/dormitory life have experienced new COVID cases among the student body. Little of the new spread is occurring on campus but rather off campus and associated with what can only be described as typical college kids acting like college kids. WTF did officials expect? My take is that they knew this all along, got students on campus to pay room/board and tuition with full intent to shut it down after the checks were in the bank. Disgraceful. My daughter who lives in Wilmington NC and is a grad of UNC Chapel Hill is beside herself with the foolishness of UNC's actions which disrupt college life for 40,000 enrolled grad and undergrad students on behalf of the 500 or so 18-22 year olds that will have no or mild C-19 symptoms.

She also has three kids ages 7-14 who are experiencing school virtually in Wilmington NC at home as the county won't open schools for in-person learning for the same reasons as this baked in political response to the virus dictates. In general, most people fall in line with this thinking in large part because the media is controlling the narrative of COVID fear. Both she and her husband work full time. They want to be but can't be involved with helping their kids through this difficult and we both feel unnecessary approach to school openings. I don't think the cost of this school closing foolishness is going to be obvious until black and white American kids grow up, struggle with the schooling necessary for the best jobs, themselves getting beat out for them by young people of east and west asian decent

There are alternative strategies to deal with the pandemic. I've talked about them at length. Advocates get shouted down as being reckless and irresponsible and that is an appealing response to the American populace that is mostly made up of sheeple. It's hard ...... I do think that the CDC is shifting gears to promote a multi-step, multi layered approach to mitigating infections and implementing massive rapid testing instead of lock-downs (see the link below based on a just completed study done by the CDC). Its a start to reversing the stupidity of the current approach to the virus - the nuclear options of close everything and tell everyone to stay home. This kind of news coming out of the CDC and HHS is encouraging. We'll see.

I've said this before but if Trump could articulate a decent plan for re-opening using available facts to support it, he'd be a hero instead of the incompetent bum he is being depicted as by his political opponents. Instead we get this sort-of in your face, politically motivated anti-mask signaling that might energise his un and under educated base but not the educated swing voters or undecideds. That he is confrontational in his response to his critics on this subject make him an easy target for the libs.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Now for something very cool and not Covid or riot based.

what a neat private plane. Very impressive innovation:

https://apple.news/ACRyZbP_gSQ6KPN5fvFIW4Q
        This kind of innovation is why the world will be fine despite what the progressives want us to think.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, the plane is very neat. The speed, the range, the operating costs... all wildly impressive.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's seems to me that the younger the kids are the more they should physically be at school. It's harder for young kids to learn online; it seems like it's harder for young kids to shed enough virus to infect an adult as compared with a high schooler; and older kids can fend for themselves at home without needing mom or dad around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

This kind of innovation is why the world will be fine despite what the progressives want us to think.
              Especially since we've solved that Ventilator problem..

Comment

• The morons and creeps harassing Rand Paul and others walking back to their hotels were going after one of the few Republicans who has been a stalwart opponent of aggressive policing. They told him to say Breonna Taylor's name? For fuck's sake, he wrote and introduced the Justice For Breonna Taylor Act which would ban no-knock warrants

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  The morons and creeps harassing Rand Paul and others walking back to their hotels were going after one of the few Republicans who has been a stalwart opponent of aggressive policing. They told him to say Breonna Taylor's name? For fuck's sake, he wrote and introduced the Justice For Breonna Taylor Act which would ban no-knock warrants

I don't think they've ever been accused of having a lick of common sense.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Breonna Taylor is a very different issue than the issue of morons who get shot because they resist arrest and then wield some sort of weapon or do something else defiant that gives police officers valid reason to shoot them. That was a colossal fuckup for which people need, at least, to lose their jobs. But I will point out, once again, that race had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• A little lengthy, but he says it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                        Still wondering about the circumstances of the initial first guy shot. I haven't been able to find much about that. Has anybody else?
                        Foxhopper, I've been looking too because it is the circumstances of the first shooting that will decide his fate, IMO. Clearly the incident in the street is self-defense but if he shot a guy in cold blood at the car dealership, that won't matter. I saw earlier this morning (and now I can't find it) where the Daily Caller reporter said he was walking down the street with him (Kyle) when some of the rioters started chasing him, including the pedophile who was eventually shot. The video of the first shooting clearly shows Kyle running away in an attempt to avoid confrontation. Eventually he his in close contact with an angry protester/rioter and he shoots him dead.

Here's an interview with the DC reporter and some of his remarks:
                        https://www.foxnews.com/us/richie-mc...nhouse-kenosha

"Prior to the first shooting that I witnessed, I did see a number of individuals pursuing the 17-year-old alleged shooter -- and actually, the individual who was shot, I did see him advance on him very closely,"

Based on what I've learned about Kyle Rittenhouse he seems like a well-intentioned, albeit, naive teenager. He's a lifeguard at his local YMCA and was in that junior police academy program. He claims to be a certified EMT (but I'm not sure how at age 17) and said shortly before the shooting that he's there to help protect property and treat any wounded protesters. Hell, he was helping remove graffiti from City Hall earlier that same day.

CNN reported that Facebook removed, or is in the process of removing, anything supportive of the 17 year-old. Go Fund Me won't allow any campaigns to raise money for his legal defense. This kid is getting railroaded like a motherfucker and needs a high quality defense. Fortunately that is the case! L. Lin Wood who represented Nick Sandman against CNN and the Washington Post will be defending him.
                        https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...me/5650147002/

Wood has founded Fight Back Foundation Inc. who will be assisting in the defense. These are the pipe-hitting attorneys he needs.

Comment

• This video was taken last night in DC by a preacher friend of mine who was invited to the WH to see Trump's acceptance speech. Keep in mind, the people being screamed at, cursed at, given the finger, etc., are ministers. Pastors. Church leaders. They aren't politicians. They just pastors and church workers from all over the country. In the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comment

• Looked "mostly peaceful"...as CNN says...to me liney!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Foxhopper, I've been looking too because it is the circumstances of the first shooting that will decide his fate, IMO. Clearly the incident in the street is self-defense but if he shot a guy in cold blood at the car dealership, that won't matter. I saw earlier this morning (and now I can't find it) where the Daily Caller reporter said he was walking down the street with him (Kyle) when some of the rioters started chasing him, including the pedophile who was eventually shot. The video of the first shooting clearly shows Kyle running away in an attempt to avoid confrontation. Eventually he his in close contact with an angry protester/rioter and he shoots him dead.

Here's an interview with the DC reporter and some of his remarks:
                              https://www.foxnews.com/us/richie-mc...nhouse-kenosha

"Prior to the first shooting that I witnessed, I did see a number of individuals pursuing the 17-year-old alleged shooter -- and actually, the individual who was shot, I did see him advance on him very closely,"

Based on what I've learned about Kyle Rittenhouse he seems like a well-intentioned, albeit, naive teenager. He's a lifeguard at his local YMCA and was in that junior police academy program. He claims to be a certified EMT (but I'm not sure how at age 17) and said shortly before the shooting that he's there to help protect property and treat any wounded protesters. Hell, he was helping remove graffiti from City Hall earlier that same day.

CNN reported that Facebook removed, or is in the process of removing, anything supportive of the 17 year-old. Go Fund Me won't allow any campaigns to raise money for his legal defense. This kid is getting railroaded like a motherfucker and needs a high quality defense. Fortunately that is the case! L. Lin Wood who represented Nick Sandman against CNN and the Washington Post will be defending him.
                              https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...me/5650147002/

Wood has founded Fight Back Foundation Inc. who will be assisting in the defense. These are the pipe-hitting attorneys he needs.

Go Fund Me removed his fundraising campaign, but they are allowing the campaign of the violent goon Skateboard guy to stay up.

Comment

• Mike -- have you seen this video? (the bald guy is the violent pedophile that Kyle Rittenhouse cured of his oxygen addiction).

Comment

Working...
                                X