Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/emails...-chinese-firm/

can you imagine if instead of bidens emails those would have been trumps emails

but its nothing but a big conspiracy theory
    Last edited by crashcourse; October 16, 2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Ryan Beckwith of Bloomberg summed up the dueling town halls last night best: "I just switched over from the Trump to Biden town halls and it's like switching from 'Ancient Aliens' to PBS NewsHour."

I've already voted so the debates were for entertainment (DVRs are great). Biden was soooo long winded and had to be reeled in several times. Trump spouted Fox-ready delusions and was evasive when pressed on his statements. Biden didn't win any youth vote with boring policy and Trump didn't veer away from focusing on his cult. I came away thinking that both the moderators won - neither got rolled by the candidates.

I think the networks should step it up though. Have a Deb's Forum Town Hall - Trump's moderator would be CGVT and Biden's Da Geezer. Bring on the popcorn!!
      Last edited by Ghengis Jon; October 16, 2020, 02:04 AM.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I didn't watch either of those shit shows.
        I watched Alone on the History channel last night. Ten people dropped off in the arctic by themselves. If anyone made it to 100 days they would win a million bucks. I've been watching the latest season and finished it up last night. It is the best survival show on TV. They have to tape everything themselves. No film crew, just periodic medical checkup.
        If you are bored, check it out. It is a pretty good watch
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I really like Alone. I'm not exactly sure why, but something about it appeals to me. Surviving 100 days in the fucking Yukon (not during summer) is no caveats insane.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You didn't miss much CGVT. Trump's attack dog style and repeatedly false assertions didn't phase the moderator. She unabashedly kept after him while he continued to lie. She's the winner in that Town Hall. Biden seemed to me to alternate between rational policy statements and senility.

Following Nebraska's R Senator Sasse's hammering of Trump yesterday, Sasse's office was asked what was up with that? A spokesperson responded, "the senate race is 100 times more important than the presidential contest?

Correct. At a critical juncture in US history two of the weakest, and for divergent reasons, the least qualified candidates for the presidency are standing for election. At some point in the past, I though the outcome of the presidential election was important. It's not but the senate race is.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Senate race is only important because the Presidency is totally lost. The Senate is the only chance to put the brakes on the loony left.

But, it's fucking preposterous to assert that the Senate is more important than the Executive given the tremendous administrative state the President controls. Perhaps in another era the Senate was as important, but it's not even remotely close right now.

And, it matters not -- the Rs are losing the Senate. They're losing Michigan, Maine and North Carolina and that's 2 more than they can afford to lose. I'm still torn on Iowa, but I think the Ds win that one, too. That's 52-48. That's a two-vote cushion to push through their agenda. It's coming. Full speed.

Comment

• If the Dems win Colorado, Maine, North Carolina, and Iowa, they still need one more to avoid a tie because Doug Jones (who'd be a really nice candidate in another state) is a goner. And Gary Peters has been polling behind Biden in Michigan consistently.

Graham was in danger but I think the Supreme Court hearings did more for him than any other Republican.

Comment

• The Ds aren't winning South Carolina. The Rs aren't winning Arizona, Colorado or Michigan. They have a outside shot at NC and Maine, but both are unlikely. And I think Iowa is more or less a toss up, but I'll give any toss up to the Ds this year. And I think Montana is probably R, but it wouldn't shock me if the Ds won. Oh, and I think Georgia is safer R than Montana.

So, I think 52-48 with Iowa going to the Ds. Even if I'm wrong, I don't see THREE more states the Rs can win to get to the 51 they'll need to have control of the Senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    The Ds aren't winning South Carolina. The Rs aren't winning Arizona, Colorado or Michigan. They have a outside shot at NC and Maine, but both are unlikely. And I think Iowa is more or less a toss up, but I'll give any toss up to the Ds this year. And I think Montana is probably R, but it wouldn't shock me if the Ds won. Oh, and I think Georgia is safer R than Montana.

So, I think 52-48 with Iowa going to the Ds. Even if I'm wrong, I don't see THREE more states the Rs can win to get to the 51 they'll need to have control of the Senate.
                    I knew there was one I was forgetting...Arizona...yeah that's a solid path to 51, with Iowa the shakiest. And I would agree with you that Montana is a better chance at a Dem pickup than Georgia. I'll throw in Alaska too.

But back on Iowa for a sec...they held their Senate debate last night too and Joni Ernst is getting hammered for...not knowing the break-even price of soybeans (Greenfield correctly knew the price of a bushel of corn). You do you, Iowa

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-iowa-se...w-this-1539650

Comment

• The Babylon Bee claims another victim

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                        well its nice to see the circle jerk in full swing.

big tech censors the new york post article and suspends the presidents press secretary's account because she retweeted it

press secretary for biden uses that as his defense not to answer the allegations claiming if big tech says its false they don't need to address it

circle jerk

and of course not a single question about it at bidens town hall

but the dots are being connected. hunters hard drive seems to have a lot of emails concerning china in addition to ukraine. biidens bragging about getting the prosecutor for baurisma fired seems to have an email trail linking baurisma asking hunter a month before to take care of those looking to investigate bautista. and lo and behold biden shows up there a month later and threatens to withhold aid. then you have a whole string released today of hunters china links with hunter wanting to make sure theres some money left over for 'the big guy'

who knows what else is on that hard drive but i bet the 'big guy' is a little worried right now.

i thought trump did alright at his town hall. there certainly was a lot of applause for trump at the end. bidens by contrast seemed to be nothin but a bunch of stories from 40 years ago. he delivered those stories well and actually did a decent job answering many of those questions.

but you know if it was a trump kid who's hard drive was carelessly released with the amount of damning emails that hunter has on his ---well we would be talking landslide for biden

trump while shaky on a few responses i.e. Qanon and his personal covid testing i think swayed some voters and savannah actually gave him the stage the last half of that town hall and he drove home some good points.
                        Twitter has reversed course and is now allowing the NY Post articles. I support that, although I still think posting Hunter's private photos is over the line and serves no legitimate news purpose.

I don't think the emails are nearly as damning, when you actually read them, as the New York Post's headlines make them out to be.

There's a lot to talk about regarding this story. But just for starters, understand that Giuliani had all this material for almost a year. There are still tweets from him gloating about 'damning emails' on his twitter account from last Nov. But then Impeachment happened and Rudy had to go away for a while because he's clearly been hanging out with Ukrainian hoods and goons and Russian intelligence assets.

Now let's talk about the story they've provided for how these emails supposedly went from Hunter to the Post.

* Hunter Biden lives in Los Angeles. Not Wilmington. He decided to visit dad and take along a broken computer and get it repaired by some obscure repair shop in Delaware?

* The store owner's original story is that he wasn't sure if it was actually Hunter who dropped the computer off. Rudy has since said it was definitely Hunter and he was extremely, extremely drunk when he came into the store. How would Rudy know that and why such different stories?

* Hunter drops them off at the stores and is never heard from again. The repair store guy decides that he's not going to wipe the hard drives and reuse them, he's going to take the time to read through thousands of emails looking for the most damaging things he can find. The store owner claims that at this point he was so alarmed that he contacted the FBI

* Store owner claims the FBI came and picked them up but "just in case", the store owner decides to make a copy of everything.

* Months go by and the store owner apparently isn't satisfied with the FBI's progress so he contacts the one man in America who gets things done: Rudy Giuliani

* Giuliani, the country's most credible attorney, provides choice emails to the Post who publishes them. When other media ask Giuliani to view the source files instead of just images, he refuses. You need the source files to verify authenticity and metadata and Giuliani isn't interested in providing any of that.

* Again, Giuliani has had all this material and it was DAMNING and PROOF OF CORRUPTION yet he sat on it for almost a year until 3 weeks before the election.

Again, that's all backstory We can talk about the substance of the emails too and how much there really is. I think everyone realizes and isn't shocked that Hunter Biden is a loser who has attempted to make money off his dad's name and "connections".

Comment

• The Babylon Bee is the finest news provider around.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• For the record I suspect most of the "Hunter Files" are legit but perhaps with a few choice forgeries added here and there. In 2017, two days before the French Election of Macron, a huge trove of emails from his campaign was dumped onto the net. Most of it was legit but with many of the most embarrassing emails being complete fabrications. You can probably guess who was suspected of being behind that (the same guy was largely financing Marine le Pen's presidential campaign)

Comment

• It's probably cannibalizing a lot of the Election Day vote but Texas is already up to matching 27% of the 2016 vote. And nearly all of that was in-person voting.

Comment

• I don't think the emails are nearly as damning, when you actually read them, as the New York Post's headlines make them out to be.
                                Censoring this story was the worst thing for Biden. The Left media platforms were hoisted on their own petard by transforming a molehill into a mountain.

Comment

Working...
                                X