No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To make my point about the futility of lock-downs as a means of dealing with the pandemic, the UK is in the midst of an increase in new C-19 case numbers. Boris Johnson's Labor Party opponents have managed to pass legislation that will impose a renewed kingdom-wide lock-down, they call it a "circuit breaker," that is intended to reset virus growth rates and give governments a chance to better organize and carry out testing and tracing. It's a knee jerk response to do something and bending a knee to liberals who demand it. That won't work and the author of this article (you may or may not be able to gain access to it) linked below argues it's fool hardy to do so:

As Europe and America struggle with a surge in cases, other governments may also come under pressure to do the same. It would be a mistake. The benefits of a national lockdown no longer justify the costs. At this stage of the pandemic governments should focus on local measures...... : identifying vulnerable groups, finding ways to protect them, identifying trade-offs, instigating local testing and recruiting leaders to generate local support. A circuit-breaker sounds like a scientific solution to a runaway problem. The reality would be a costly mess. ■

https://www.economist.com/leaders/20...arketing-cloud

I enjoy pointing out that many have argued for months that a shift in the current political milieu that, IMO, is producing questionable pandemic guidance coming from the CDC and influenced by liberal thought has to happen. That shift has to take place before the US actually makes progress v. the virus without having the lives we enjoyed pre-COVID vanish. Pandemic response policy involving social behavior and economic activity must take costs into account. I'm happy to see that we're seeing it if only gradually.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Early voting numbers continue to be crazy. And some of these are a couple days out of date

% of the 2016 Vote that has already voted

Georgia 32.0%
      Minnesota 30.7%
      Virginia 30.5%
      Texas 29.5%
      Iowa 28.8%
      Michigan 28.7%
      Wisconsin 27.6%
      North Carolina 26.2%
      Florida 25.2%
      Arizona 22.0%
      Colorado 20.2%

Harris County, TX is up to 39%

Comment

• The 2016 vote?
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          The 2016 vote?
          The total number of people who voted in 2016. So Georgia for example is 32% of the way to matching the 2016 turnout

Comment

• I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the roads, Liney. Last couple of years there's been a shit ton of road work in my area. (Gone from 14th century backwater to 19th century backwater.) She is fixing the damn roads as far as I can see.
            The roads are getting fixed, but not in the original way that Gretch wanted to do it. She demanded a gas tax increase of $.45 per gallon, which is a 170% increase over what we're paying right now. She told Republican leaders to take it or leave it. They left it, and so did the leadership of her OWN PARTY. Not a single Democrat in the Legislature was willing to even write a bill with that kind of gas tax increase. Gretch then attacked the general budget, and started slashing funding for various other departments throughout the state, figuring that this action would force Republicans to give her what she wanted. Republicans basically left her to her temper tantrum, and allowed her budget cuts to take effect. People from her own party told her that was a bad idea, and services started suffering as a result. She later came back to the table with her tail between her legs, and worked out a budget that restored the funds she had slashed, and the Republicans found some money in the budget to fund road repairs WITHOUT the massive tax increase she demanded. That's why road work is going on right now. Her Gi-Normous gas tax increase just wasn't necessary.

With the advent of Covid, she decided she would run the state the way she wanted, and totally ignore the Republicans, which, as she found out, was against the law after 30 days.

Its ironic, because beside her "fix the dam roads" pledge, one of her major selling points in her campaign was her "experience in the Legislature, and reaching across the aisle".

So far, the only "reaching" she's done is her misinterpretation of the law. And she was rightly corrected by the MSC when she did so. Including the Democrat justices.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I have an idea for Macron following the beheading of a high school history teacher in France. He was decapitated after he apparently showed cartoon pictures of Mohamed in his history class. This apparently took place when free speech advocates were demonstrating in various ways near and around Charlie Hebdo offices on the anniversary of the terrorist attack against that office prompted by the satirical magazine's publishing of cartoons of Mohamed.

Fuck these Islamists living in France. France's government has a problem with them and has for a decade or more. Too much tolerance in the name of Liberte. Remember the Iranian Qusam Soleimeni? He became a french fry after he directed proxy Iranian militia in Iraq to launch rockets against US bases there. Macron needs to respond in a similar way.

Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for sending this 18 yo Chechnian living in Paris to cut this innocent teacher's head off. US and/or French and German intelligence agencies know where key Al Qaeda personnel are. Very publicly assassinate several of them and keep doing that every time a French citizen is murdered by one of these fucks.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A well-placed cruise missile would do the trick.

Comment

• 121596546_1812364388910655_4253255816378494449_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Z5XTQSJ4cS8AX-he2lE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=d87f08aba71481f8e59e22655681f5d6&oe=5FB07798.jpg

Comment

• image_8728.jpg
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Boom!
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Do we need to discuss this again?

I can go back and dig up my posts from about a month ago if you need to have your memory refreshed

Guys, any time you want to have a serious discussion of how Christianity compares to Islam, I'm ready.

Last edited by lineygoblue; October 17, 2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          Do we need to discuss this again?

I can go back and dig up my posts from about a month ago if you need to have your memory refreshed

Guys, any time you want to have a serious discussion of how Christianity compares to Islam, I'm ready.
                          Christianity is the father of Islam. Judaism is the father of Christianity.

I believe MSC decision went 4-3 right down the political party lines.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Christianity is the father of Islam. Judaism is the father of Christianity.

I believe MSC decision went 4-3 right down the political party lines.
                            Christianity has as much to do with the creation of Islam, as I do in creating ice cream.

The MSC decision was 7-0 on the matter that Whitmer overreached her authority after 30 days. Hence, her EO's after that date are null and void.

The court split 4-3 on partisan lines on the question of whether the 1945 law was constitutional or not. The ruling declared it unconstitutional. That law is rightfully going to be toast.

She needs to be a real leader and deal with people who disagree with her. Those are the cards she was dealt. She has to play by the rules. When/if the Legislature swings back to the Dems they can do whatever they want. That will happen soon when the newly formed "election commission" re-gerrymanders the voting districts back to Democrat control.

Comment

• trump having to go to states like iowa and georgia and even arizona shows the problem he haas---2 weeks to turn things around--with 25% of the vote in in a lot of states

you have to think he needs a big debate win on nbc no less and i don't think he has it unless something comes out more on hunters emails that he can slam home

best thing i saw all day--nice to watch a good fight and the lightweight fight on espn was certainly entertaining although i don't know what those judges were smoking to give the american the ones sided victory--i think he won with one helluva 12 round though--23 yo named lopez

Comment

• COVID news is rife with records set. We are in a fuck it, go for it mode and that's globally. That's probably as bad as lock it down.

I think people are numb to rising case numbers. So, I don't know what the value of media continuing to scream about it is. Falling on deaf ears. Governments are getting push-back on mitigation measures with law enforcement refusing to enforce business closures, curfews and the like.

I don't think CFR will rise but simple math isn't in favor of less suffering. Waiting for a vaccine to blunt adverse human impact is about all that's left and working to keep myself as safe as possible while still trying to enjoy life.

Comment

Working...
                                X