No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The question has been, still is, and will continue to be -- what's your policy solution? The data around Covid is now fairly well-established in terms of IFR, CFR, hospitalizations and ICUs. The risks are mostly known.

I don't fault people for saying that 2000 deaths per day is too much and we need to go lockdown. That's a policy choice. That's not my choice, but every person has a number that is too high.

Personally, I'm fairly well entrenched in my mindset that the risk to MOST people is exceedingly low and that the virus remains something that targets older folks. In that way, it continues to be very close to heart disease in my mind (kills 600,000 annually, mostly older folks). This isn't good or so-so or meh....it's bad. But, in terms of policy choices, I'm reluctant to shut shit down under these circumstances.

If AlabamAlum were awake and recovered from his nightly engagement with cheap brandy, he'd mention something about the Rhodesians.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I say we leave Rhoda outa this...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I didn't think Trump's "overturn the results of the election" strategy could get much dumber than the laughable court cases (he's at least 1 for 30 right now), but trying to convince state legislatures to ignore the results of the election and just name Trump the winner is proving me wrong.
        That's odd. I don't seem to recall you having the same opinion back in 2016 when Hillary and her people were actively lobbying the electors from each state to go against their Electoral College obligations, and vote for her instead, because she "won the popular vote". She even stated that she was in favor of abolishing the Electoral College many times since then, .. until that kind of talk sort of disappeared ... around November 4th, 2020.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• As a matter of policy choice, it's wrong to put those choices in two exclusive camps: Lock everything down or go for it. There's lots of geography in between those two camps. I'm all for recommendations for the big 3 and the CDC at the national level and PH agencies at the state and local level are doing that. I'm against national or statewide mandates for them, for targeted restrictions, locally derived and based on objective data suggesting a particular measure is needed and such measure has proven beneficial to the PH.

Too often, officials are being driven toward mitigation measures by absurd claims from liberal individuals or groups augmented by a liberal press that collectively do believe the government knows best. For example, the claim that rising case numbers automatically result in both matching rates and numbers of deaths is inaccurate. Still, that is the number 1 reason why officials will claim they are locking down....... these are decisions that offer only two outcomes: We subdue death rates or we don't and preferably we don't have any deaths at all which is completely unobtainable but politically appealing as a means of supporting a lock down.

Obviously, there is middle ground dialogue. Outside this forum, we don't seem to be getting there. I really tire of the media stoking this sad reality when I believe the facts on the ground suggest that officials are finding middle ground in most states and cities despite the relentless arguments that, "we have to do more," whatever the fuck that is, being offered by the completely uninformed.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

That's odd. I don't seem to recall you having the same opinion back in 2016 when Hillary and her people were actively lobbying the electors from each state to go against their Electoral College obligations, and vote for her instead, because she "won the popular vote". She even stated that she was in favor of abolishing the Electoral College many times since then, .. until that kind of talk sort of disappeared ... around November 4th, 2020.
            She did lobby for unpledged electors to vote for her but she didn't literally call the election itself into question and insist that friendly state legislatures ignore the results of the election and name her the winner because "fraud". She also wasn't the sitting President.

I'd also point out that in 2016, two days after Election Day, Obama/Biden had recognized Trump as the President-Elect and were giving him a tour around the White House. We're 16 days post-Election and Biden is still blocked from getting ANY transition assistance. All agencies have been ordered by Trump and his lickspittle GSA to give the Biden people zero cooperation. Do not even let them in the buildings.

At some point Trump's behavior can no longer be defended by petulant whining about Hillary.

Comment

• I mean, imagine for a moment you read a story in which the people who manage Venezuela's election sign a declaration that the Opposition leader had won the Election. Then they get a call from Maduro. Very next day, the election people 'rescind' their declaration. What would you think if you had read that?

Because that's what happened with Trump and the two Wayne County Republicans who "rescinded" their certification in the middle of the night.

I mean, their backtracking is probably meaningless and it's too late, they signed the certification. But this is getting ridiculous and his interference and non-stop stream of lies and baseless accusations needs to be challenged by Republican leaders at some point. Unless you really do want this utter moron and his moron relatives running the Republican Party through fear for another decade or more.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump and his allies are taking increasingly frantic steps to subvert the results of the 2020 election, including summoning state legislators to the White House as part of a longshot bid to overturn Joe Biden’s victory.

Comment

• If I were advising Trump, I would have told him on the weekend following the election to book golf weekends, and trips to Camp David for all his remaining weekends in the Presidency. I'd suggest that he de-activate his Twitter account, and basically go silent. I think he'd be best served for any king-maker role, or even a future run in 2024, by taking the high road, and letting the Biden/Harris/Pelosi factions rip into each other, and laugh as they do so.

Hillary was not a sitting President, thank God. But she's never graciously accepted defeat, and she's even written books about how she was cheated out of the Presidency. IOW, she's never went away gracefully, like Dubya did, or to some degree like McCain and Obama did.

I'll see if I can tone down the petulant whining. Thanks.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cheated out of the Presidency? Provide even one quote from her. Everyone, including Billary, saw she got her ass kicked fair and square. FAIR AND SQUARE (by a snowflake debilitated with Narcisstic Personality Disorder no less).
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Sidney Powell, who is also Michael Flynn's attorney, standing alongside a very sweaty Rudy Giuliani at a presser, declaring that communist money, China, Venezuela, Antifa, the Clinton Foundation, and George Soros all conspired to rig computers in multiple states to make it look like Biden won. President Trump actually won in a huge landslide.

This will all be revealed when it finally gets taken to court. Just you wait.

(They've been in court at least 30 times and Sidney Powell has never showed up)

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Comment

• And if anyone thinks I'm exaggerating about the claims Trump's "legal team" (AS SEEN ON TV) is making...I'm not.

Also Rudy's sweating so much his hair dye is streaming down both sides of his face. Poor room choice.

Comment

• STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think its stuff like this--first michigan now wisconcin that gets people suspicious

wiz get well soon then stfu

Comment

• Yes and no.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...715586/photo/1

I think its stuff like this--first michigan now wisconcin that gets people suspicious
                              Yep. I can't think of a single reason the mail-in ballots broke heavily for Biden. Not a one.

Comment

• And now sidney powell claims an algorithem was plugged in '

GO SIDNEY

Comment

Working...
                                X