Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Polling is hard, it's going to get harder. It really starts to fall apart when you get this high of a turnout.

If you think it's that bad or it is psyops or some other tin.foil hat conspiracy, create your own polling outfit. You can take advantage by creating truly objective polls and you can make a mint. As it is, let's wait until all the votes are counted before assessing how bad a polling error it was. National polls seem to be ok, it is the state polls that have the issues, but not everywhere.
    Anyone who would release a poll that had Biden up by 17 points in Wisconsin is not interested in conveying the truth. It was preposterous on its face. As was a Quinnipiac poll that showed Trump getting 39% of the vote nationally. It's impossible to be that incompetent, especially when it's the second time in a row.
    Last edited by Hannibal; November 4, 2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Or most likely, by the box of votes that miraculously showed up next to a dumpster in Detroit. By some amazing coincidence, every single one of them was a straight Party vote for the Dems.
      Hey, Detroit and Wayne County may be a burned out hulk of its former self, but they can turn out necessary votes whenever they are needed. Coleman Young would be proud.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Polling used to have merit when they actually paid attention to sampling. I don’t recall ever getting polled before 2016, but I’m pretty certain that my demographics were pretty well covered.

It seems like they really embraced mass calling with the assumption that the random responses would provide an accurate sample of the voting block. Of course, thes idiots were wrong.

They (surprise) never learned and they went wide open throttle this year. Non stop phone polling only pisses off the work from home types, so yes, we started ignoring them and fucking with them.

The result: the polls have been complete bullshit all along and it was it was rather amusing to see a tool like DSL stand behind them for the last 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Anyone who would release a poll that had Biden up by 17 points in Wisconsin is not interested in conveying the truth. It was preposterous on its face. As was a Quinnipiac poll that showed Trump getting 39% of the vote nationally.

There are some alternative polling outfits that have taken a different approach (e.g. Trafalgar) and they have gotten trashed by the rest of the polling mafia.
          To the contrary, if you are running polls correctly you should be releasing the outliers not preventing them from seeing the light of day. One poll out of twenty are going to have a crazy Biden up 17. That is basic introductory Poli Sci Statistics.

It is why you average the polls.

The Trafalgar guy didn't.show his crosstabs in many of the polls and he lied when they said they weren't affiliated with any GOP campaign. And he said if Biden wins Penn it was because they stole it. Nice objective analysis right there.

Again if you know it all,.start up your own polling outfit and make your money.

Comment

• Polling is getting harder and more expensive by every succeeding election. Trump's brand of idiotic bluster has proven to be very good at turning out blocks of voters that traditionally never voted. That alone fucks up any model.

He never did figure out to do any Bill Clinton triangulation and he ran possibly the worst campaign on policy you could run in 2020. All he had to do was take Pelosi up on the CARES Act part 2 and he cruises to victory. His previous base would would still walk off that cliff for him.

Comment

• Froot’s staunch defense of the polling (and dismissal of the one poll that was right) is certainly in line with his previous efforts.

Weird hill to fight on, but the Media must be defended. Democracy dies in darkness!
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Biden ends up with around a 120,000 lead in Michigan and is only the 2nd Democrat to win Kent County in 50 years.

He attributes Mass-scale fraud as his key to success. Ballots tossed in dumpsters, Twitter altering votes, and directives coming straight from George Soros in the basement at Comet Ping Pong Pizza.

Comment

• So, have the riots commenced? I figured all those white nationalists would surely be burning shit down by now. That’s why all those places boarded up.

So, has the rioting started? (Quick note—“riot” is appropriate and not racist because I’m referring to white nationalists).

Anyone?

Comment

• I'm readying my torch and sharpening my pitchfork as we speak ...

I'm going hunting for strangeloves and froots

Comment

• Trump up 37,600 votes in Georgia. Supposedly there are at least 100k votes still remaining there. That's heading to a recount no matter what, most likely.

Comment

• Jeff must have voted in Florida instead of Georgia.

He should have voted in both places like I told him to ...

Comment

• We all know cities would have burned if votes slowly trickled to give PDJT one state after another (legitimately counted for sure). We KNOW this. That’s how the Left reacts. Full stop.

So, are the white nationalists rioting?

Comment

• So it's coming down to Nevada. Hilarious. The gambling capital of the world. LMFGDAO.

2020 can't end soon enough.

The DNC is the scourge of this country.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              We all know cities would have burned if votes slowly trickled to give PDJT one state after another (legitimately counted for sure). We KNOW this. That’s how the Left reacts. Full stop.

So, are the white nationalists rioting?
                              The white nationalists think JFK Junior is still going to emerge, kill Biden, Obama, and Hillary, and place the lost British crown jewels atop Trump's head. They need a few weeks to realize what's actually happened.

Comment

• So...

Recounts coming for sure in:
                                MI, WI, PA

Maybe/possibly in GA and NC.

I guess add in AZ and NV if either of those ends up razor thin.

Anywhere else?

Comment

Working...
                                X