No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Katie Hobbs has no reason to be worried about breaking the law, remember there is a 2 tiered justice system in this country.

Comment

• Roy would be better than Stefanik. Either way, it is good that Cheney is gone. Another worthless backstabbing swamp creature ousted.

Comment

• Deal reached on a Jan 6 commission. 10 members, with subpoena power, Republicans get to pick half. Can't be anyone currently in government

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          Yeah Katie Hobbs has no reason to be worried about breaking the law, remember there is a 2 tiered justice system in this country.
          Missed this. To be clear, political hacks are accusing the Maricopa County Board of Elections of "destroying evidence". Katie Hobbs doesn't run that -- it's overseen by Jack Sellers, a Republican. A majority of the people on the Maricopa Board of Elections are Republicans. And they were against handing over actual ballots to these dumbass amateurs hired by the political hacks in the state Senate.

Comment

• 186477769_326656648816929_9160369129872140778_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=1CQ00lIbbzEAX-DyBdm&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=fe3b126edb46ca9a174fc6acdeefbe9c&oe=60C3E510.jpg
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              ...Can you see why I might question your take on "data" as provided by the Woke Overlords?...
              What you don't see is the down ticket. I'm just as likely to vote against a candidate as for one. Ideological purity matters less than general position coupled with facts and reality. I don't think I've ever cast a ballot with less than 6 tiks for either major party.

You consider sources such as the GAO or the Heritage Foundation to be "Woke Overlords"? That's an interesting insight into your general world view.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• 8XI7o2Bk.jpg

Comment

• Here's some actual voter fraud

Man murders wife, then uses her absentee ballot to vote for Trump. "It's what she would have wanted"

Prosecutors have filed new charges against Barry Morphew, alleging the man accused of murdering his missing wife submitted a presidential ballot in her name.

Comment

• bidengas.jpg

Chairman Joe shuts down the Keystone Pipeline as one of his first acts as President. Gretch Whitmer demands that Canada stop sending oil thru Line 5 under the Straits of Mackinaw.

Why do Democrats hate pipelines? Do they really think its safer for oil products to be shipped by truck or trains, that can derail and crash?

Kamala giggles as usual.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 8c2shNxw.jpg

Comment

• image_9664.jpg
                        Last edited by Ghengis Jon; May 14, 2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Hey Kapture - how about selecting "medium" size when you post.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Matt Gaetz is going to go through some things

An indicted close confidant of Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz has struck a deal with federal prosecutors to greatly reduce his criminal case and plans to help investigators in their sprawling investigation that includes a sex trafficking probe.

Comment

• You know my record here on COVID. I push back against the fear monkey narrative and in general, think the severity of mitigation measures from the start of the pandemic have not produced the desired PH benefits given the staggering economic and social costs. The world over-reacted and in a big, harmful and costly way.

Having said that and noting my record of currently advocating for abandoning most mobility and behavior mitigation measures, I had this nagging concern about the impact of variants on ending the pandemic. I dismissed these concerns of mine as it became obvious by mid-February that vaccines worked, including reducing transmission, against known variants at the time. Part of that dismissiveness was probably irrational because I have a bias.

So, where are we these variants? In the news late this week was the emergence of B1.617.2 in the UK, thought to have come from India, possibly explaining the rapid increase in hospitalizations and deaths there. The UK and subsequently the WHO labeled it as variant of concern. Two areas of GB were seeing increased case numbers involving B1.617.2. Boris warned if this variant takes hold (out competes the currently predominant variant there - B1.1.7), it could jeopardize his aggressive re-opening plans. On Monday, unless these orders get cancelled, pubs will be allowed to serve inside. On June 15th, most COVID restrictions will be relaxed.

If B1.617.2 takes hold in the UK and causes an increase in COVID hospitalizations and deaths, that's a big deal. Given the high % of UK citizens having been vaccinated it would mean those vaccines are not effective against this new variant. It's worth noting that the UK's testing and genomic sequencing capacity is the gold standard globally. We should be paying attention to what goes down wrt COVID in the UK.

An important qualifier here is that Boris Johnson pursued a unique vaccine roll out approach. He eschewed the recommended two dose regimen timing (extended the time frame for the second dose) and focused on getting the maximum number of Brits inoculated out of the gate. If it turns out that variants can evade the ABs produced in the one dose approach, that would suggest the recommended 2 dose regimen and the timing of the second dose is the regimen that should be followed.

What's actually "going down" there? The new variant has just recently appeared. It is only a small percentage of variant detections with B1.1.7 still predominant (95%/5%). OTH, new diagnosed cases are doubling every week. Importantly, the majority of new cases are being detected in young, mostly unvaccinated people. Hospitalizations and death rates, so far, are flat. Still, it's a valid concern and Boris has now recommended Brits over 60 to receive a second dose ASAP.

When you start reading about this variant in the news and the UK's experience with it in the coming days and weeks be mindful of the metrics that count. New case numbers rising due to this new UK variant presented out of context is, as usual, meaningless. What is meaningful is this: If the metrics that count (age v. illness v. hospitalizations and excess deaths due to COVID) rise, it means the vaccines, or at least the Boris Johnson regimen for administration of them can be evaded by mutations. If they remain flat, the natural selection process of SARS2 - it's capacity to mutate and survive - is not trending toward more deadly strains that might render the current vaccines ineffective in preventing illness and death..

We should know in a couple of weeks. Reject the presses' fear monkey narrative on variants that simply won't paint the entire picture, only the part that will scare the shit out of you.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• More for your Weekend reads: https://slate.com/technology/2021/05...-pandemic.html

Good article in its reasonableness .... something severely lacking during the pandemic. Takeaways:
                                • We'll never reach "herd immunity" from SARS2 infection in any of our lifetimes. It took 200 years for smallpox to be eradicated and there are still occasional outbreaks.
                                • Zero cases isn't going to happen ..... ever. For PH agencies like the CDC that have lived in a world that seeks that until very recently did lots of damage.
                                • The end of the global pandemic will come slowly, if at all. It is more likely to fade away over the coming years.
                                • We won't be wearing masks forever or being barred from certain things we love to do because some distant agency has ruled it is as unsafe.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X