No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He doesn't hurt my feelings Jeff. Stan always gets this way when he stops eating his bran muffins. Maybe I can bring him some if Chairman Joe allows us to have another Scio Road tailgate again. If not, my brother lives in Indy. Maybe I can get him to drop some off.

And prunes, Stan. Remember the prunes.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Biden did end up recognizing the Armenian genocide today. First President to officially do so, although Reagan came close at one point.

President Joe Biden on Saturday became the first US president to officially recognize the massacre of Armenians under the Ottoman Empire as a genocide, risking a potential fracture with Turkey but signaling a commitment to global human rights.

Comment

• If this woman keeps running her yap, she's going to single-handedly get Chauvin a new trial, with a change of venue, and a shot at an acquittal. Keep running your big mouth Maxine.

Maybe that's what she wants. An acquittal so there will be an excuse for more burning and looting. In other words, lawlessness is her preference instead of justice.

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., defended her "get more confrontational" comments to protesters before the verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial and rejected any notion that her words in Minnesota could be any grounds to overturn the ex-police officer's guilty verdict on an appeal. 

Comment

• Reluctantly weighing in on the mask debate. I've probably read two dozen scientific papers on masks. I've probably read some of what Hanni has read, some of what AA has read.

Both sides of this debate - wearing them helps stop the spread of SARS2, no it doesn't - are correct. The reality of masks being effective or not is that question is asked too often without controlling for the myriad factors that affect the null-hypothesis that they don't work.

Reality is that it depends. When you take humans out of the equation and study animals where you can control variables, they do stop the spread of virus aerosols - thought to be the leading vector of SARS2 transmission. Brining humans into the studies messes everything up. Moreover, how aerosols actually behave in a given space and given environment, how many virons the can deliver is immensely complex. Bringing politics into it further confuses the science.

Anti-maskers are hard over on this issue. Those that support mask use or, like AA (and myself) think they do some good, generally aren't. That's because I, and probably AA, know how to read the medical literature and recognize that their conclusions are never described in absolute terms. I'm not hard over on mandating them or, in making a scene about someone who's not wearing one when a private business requires them for entry/service. I'll play along but I also know for most humans that wear them, they aren't wearing them properly, the materials that are sometimes used don't really do much, they get re-used inappropriately, whatever, the list is long that compromises their usefulness in stopping disease spread.

So both sides can offer convincing arguments but it's not possible to argue a position on mask wearing in absolute terms. I find AA's position that they do some good among a lot of other things one can do to help stop the spread of SARS2, something I can live with. The important thing is to be responsible. Do things that will stop the spread. You have options.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 25, 2021, 03:21 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• And ..............................

Fauci flips again. Outdoor activities? "Miniscule" chance of getting Covid. So the SEC had it right all along.

Around 30% of adults in the U.S. have been fully vaccinated, with around 50% of adults having received at least the first shot.

Comment

• Flips? Jesus Christ.

It is nothing more than a change based on greater knowledge of virus in addition to the fact that more and more people are getting the shot. At least that is what the article says, if you read it and ignore the FOX spin.

That is how stuff works in a dynamic situation. Shit changes as the situation changes.
              Last edited by CGVT; April 25, 2021, 05:07 PM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It was pretty fucking clear last summer that outdoor stuff was extremely safe. The fact that it’s taken him until NOW to acknowledge what was obvious months ago is what’s revealing about him and others like him.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Haha. Of course it is.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I will probably get flamed hard on both sides for this. But I have come to this conclusion about restrictions and everything.

I do support a vaccine passport of some kind. And if you got the covid-19....that would count as well. Now, with the passport you could do all the things that we did before. No one is going to require you get the shot(s), but you couldn't do indoor dining (there is always curbside and take out), inside retail shops etc.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think businesses are going to move in that direction anyway. You have two potential governmental actions -- requiring a vaccine passport; and prohibiting vaccine passports. I'm against both. I would rather leave it up to each individual business in individual locales. There are places in Ohio where it'd be ridiculous to require that and places where it'd make sense.

But, I definitely can understand where you're coming from. It's not without sense.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• First 2020 census results get released today at 3. We'll officially know which states are losing or gaining House seats after that.

Comment

• The fact that they are ONLY reviewing races that Democrats won and not entire ballots shows you what a sham this "audit" is.

They also won't reveal who is funding the whole thing. And they initially gave blue pens to the hand counters, which could be used to alter ballots even if just by accident. And no media is being allowed in to observe, other than OANN who is live-streaming this shit, lol

All sounds on the up and up.

FWIW Gov Ducey and the Republican-controlled Maricopa County Board of Elections fought against this, but the highly partisan Arizona Senate got its way and asked a conspiracy-peddling Trump Supporter who was part of the Stop the Steal campaign to conduct the "audit". He's one of the same people that was peddling conspiracies about Antrim County and is connected to the dude whose "expert" analysis included getting Minnesota and Michigan mixed up.

Months after former President Donald Trump’s defeat, legislative Republicans in Arizona are challenging the outcome as they embark on an unprecedented effort to audit the results in the state’s most populous county.

Comment

• The first of many lifestyle changes that will be rammed down your throats. Or, in the case of the lemmings and serfs on the Left, obediently accepted without question.

EzswY1AVUAEgwCq?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• "The Great Reset" (aka "Build Back Better") is a kook Right Wing conspiracy theory. I know this because CNN and the Washington Post told me so, and I accept anything that they tell me without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                                I will probably get flamed hard on both sides for this. But I have come to this conclusion about restrictions and everything.

I do support a vaccine passport of some kind. And if you got the covid-19....that would count as well. Now, with the passport you could do all the things that we did before. No one is going to require you get the shot(s), but you couldn't do indoor dining (there is always curbside and take out), inside retail shops etc.

Makes no sense. If you don't want to get vaccinated, then the only people that you are threatening at this point are other people who don't want to get vaccinated.

Also -- good luck enforcing that. We can't even keep restaurants from hiring illegal immigrants. What government agency is going to make sure that everyone is showing their license to eat indoors when they go to a restaurant?

Comment

Working...
                                X