No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion reigns in S. FL over COVID mitigation measures after Governor Desantis' Friday surprise. DId he just move the entire state of FL back to pro-COVID status quo?

No, and even a casual reading of his directives are not that hard to sort through and figure out what counties and cities need to do relating to COVID mitigation measures.

What the scurrying of local officials in the Tri-County region demonstrates is how fucked up the governance of these three counties are. Early on in this whole COVID thing I railed about the different rules that applied between county and city boundaries. Over time it gradually sorted itself out with selected county and city officials meeting regularly to try to harmonize mitigation measures. It wasn't easy and the offices of the mayors or county commissioners got a lot of citizen blow-back. Will lessons be learned for future emergencies? Doubt it.

The Desantis orders basically say you can discard, keep or renew mitigation measures at the local level (within the CF that is S. FL's governments) but you can't cite or fine anyone for non-compliance. Local rules can allow bars to operate or keep them closed; restaurants can operate at 50% or full capacity as long as 6 foot distancing is maintained. Masks are recommended per previous orders. IOW, Mask, distance and wash your hands. It's up to proprietors and patrons not the local police to prevent people from getting infected and spreading it to others.

One of the most controversial orders coming down from Tallahassee is this: If local officials impose stricter mitigation measures than those put forth in pervious guidlines from the state level, e.g., some business will remain closed, this has to be justified in written form identifying the data that show health risks out weigh economic consequences of restrictions to business activity. It's not easy to do this. Some say impossible. What this means? Stop shutting down businesses where there is not a rational basis to do so, like this a verified hot spot where a confirmed outbreak is ongoing . Totally reasonable.

Some thoughts on this. I'm for it notwithstanding rational thought that says there will be some who think the virus is a hoax or simply refuse to take the recommended precautions. I also think that some good behaviors have gotten baked in over the last 3 months of increasing government imposed mitigation measures. The word is out there from health officials. FFS, if you're not hearing about how to keep from getting infected and spreading it to others, if you're not hearing who is at risk and who isn't, your not listening and for this crowd, I don't give a fuck if hoaxers or idiots end up on a vent. For those at risk of getting exposed to this group of knuckle heads stay clear of them. That isn't hard to do. Nor is it hard to stay in your lane and avoid confrontations in Walmart, your local grocer, bar or restaurant.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This "Biden will be wearing an earpiece" stuff is pretty silly

What is this? 1996? We have Bill Gates and George Soros on our side. The "Joe Biden" you will see on the stage tonight is a fully articulated android programmed with all the "right answers".

Comment

• Does Joe know where the debate is?
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          Does Joe know where the debate is?
          No, I already told you. The android is performing tonight. Joe's at home eating ice cream and asking if it's time for Gunsmoke yet.

Comment

• Sound plan for Joe.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Word on the street is Biden is made of succulent red velvet cake yet he REFUSES to allow himself to be cut open so all can see. What is he hiding???

Comment

• Comment

• Speaking of COVID:

Attached Files
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Also in COVID 19 news

Vikings and Titans have suspended in person activities after there are Titans testing positive for Covid 19.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Sully comes out against Trump

Comment

• Also in covid news, Marlins and Cardinals bitch make playoffs after outbreaks as MLB refuses to give in hysteria of fear and instead follows reason.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The fact that this country ever elected this reality tv Star is an embarassment

Comment

• They need mute button to shut the fucking bully up

Good Lord. What an embarrassment.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                The fact that this country ever elected this reality tv Star is an embarassment
                                If the Dems would have ran Joe in 2016, instead of Bill Clinton's wife, Joe would be running for his 2nd term right now.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X