Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March, 2020: "Fifteen days to flatten the curve"

October, 2020: "We're never going back to normal -- just accept that you are going to wear masks everywhere for the rest of your life"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/healt...ess/index.html

"Never shake hands again"

"Wear a mask to the office from now on"

I knew that this was coming. The Covid-19 panic will have permanent repercussions if there is not a huge backlash against this.

Comment

• Good follow up charts after the debate.

Note that the source of one of these graphs is the far Left Wing Southern Poverty Law Center.

hRb7n1fknl.jpg

Comment

• I missed this yesterday...the Pope denied Mike Pompeo an audience on his visit to Rome and accused him of trying to drag the Catholic Church into the US election...

Comment

• Disney is laying off 28,000. Lots of people will be getting pink slips here in the next few months. Or maybe it will be the next year but it's definitely building.

Comment

• 120414087_750311272478945_6806275495882124659_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=N2gLGx8AqTIAX95mTck&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&tp=6&oh=438e91ecc3e76b3d431e6c6510b19212&oe=5F9CD1A3.jpg
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              Disney is laying off 28,000. Lots of people will be getting pink slips here in the next few months. Or maybe it will be the next year but it's definitely building.
              Oil refiners have started making big cuts. Shell and Marathon this week. (E&P focused companies have been hurting for a much longer time)

Comment

• What a bunch of bullshit.

They guy tried to rein the manic in and failed miserably.

Jesus.

Trump was out of control. They need to put a shock collar on the bastard and hit him every time he interrupts. Then he really would look like this

151127_gma_llamas_0707_4x3_608.jpg
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Its not going to be any better when its run by the other networks, sir.

Chris Wallace was considered by most to be the most impartial of all the moderators. Its all downhill from here.

About the only thing that could be done would be to put both men into sound proof glass booths, and turn on the mike when they are asked a question, then turn it off when the other guy is asked a question. That ain't happening because both parties WANT the donnybrook. They consider it to be the winning strategy.

Comment

• Being on other networks has nothing to do with the fact that that meme is bullshit.

Wallace was only trying to get the fucking orange moron under control

Don't kid yourself. Both parties don't want the donnybrook. Trump wants it because it is his only chance. Biden wants to be able to deliver his message. Trump's only message is to attack.

They should mute the mics when the other candidate is speaking, but Trump would never agree to it. Bullying and lies is all he has. He'd never give it up

BTW, I thought Wallace did as well as he could considering the fact that he couldn't tell the President of the United States to shut the fuck up
                    Last edited by CGVT; October 1, 2020, 12:35 PM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• FWIW, I'm not going to defend either man. And I'm not going to defend Wallace either.

Neither party wants a fair debate. Trump's "way" is to talk over people and be argumentative. Biden's way is to show that he's tougher than Trump, and "whip his ass".

Next, the moderators will want both men to whip out their penises so they can be measured. Whoever is longer, wins ... I guess.

Right now, I'd vote for GHWB or Fritz Mondale if either were running. RIP, Poppy. You deserved a 2nd term.

Comment

• Sigh. You must have watched a different debate than I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Sigh. You must have watched a different debate than I did.
                          Yeah, I guess you're right.

All the Democrats wanted was a fair opportunity to engage the President in a rational, fair and gentlemanly discussion of today's issues, and that bastard Trump walked all over them.

Cheer up, CGVT. Kamala will be President soon, and she will save us all from ourselves. She knows best.

Comment

• All the American people wanted was for the President of the United States to act like the President of the United States, not some school yard bully.

Cheer up liney. You got your wish, with the appointment of the next SCJ we will be well on our way to the theocracy that you crave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              March, 2020: "Fifteen days to flatten the curve"

October, 2020: "We're never going back to normal -- just accept that you are going to wear masks everywhere for the rest of your life"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/healt...ess/index.html

"Never shake hands again"

"Wear a mask to the office from now on"

I knew that this was coming. The Covid-19 panic will have permanent repercussions if there is not a huge backlash against this.
                              Yep ....... I post at a Royal Caribbean Cruises forum. The hot topic the last few days has been whether or not the CDC will or won't extend the No-Sail-Order that has crippled the cruise industry, created 100s of thousands of job losses just within the cruise lines themselves not to mention the supply chain infrastructure that supports it. Most will tell you it's in the neighborhood of 1 million jobs globally. The cruise lines are losing billions of dollars at the rate of around 20 million per day each. This has occurred at the whim of the CDC that recommended shutting all US ports to cruise ships in March so that we could "flatten the curve."

Yesterday, the CDC recommended an extension of their dubious No-Sail-Order through February 2021. The word is that Pence shut CDC Director Robert Redfield down and to give deference to the CDC and allow Redfield to save face, extended the order through October 30th - the date that the cruise lines planned on restarting operations anyway. Pence will not permit the renewal of the order when it expires. I believe that Pence will green-light the cruise lines to start proof of concept sailings of 2-3d with only crew and employees aboard within the next week and after a scheduled meeting with cruise line executives on Friday. Limited cruising with paying passengers out of US ports on short cruises with limited and strictly controlled port calls, depending on which ports in the Caribbean and Mexico are open, will start on November 1st. Not coincidentally, right before the election.

In general, posters on this forum are pro a restart of cruising but my sense is that they don't know why. I've spent a lot of time explaining why the CDC has been so routinely wrong, why the scary numbers are presented to the public by the press and vaguely suggestive of dire consequences by HHS and CDC officials without contextualizing the data so that it is reflective of disease burden. Even this doesn't begin to describe the impact of flawed data that the feds, state and local governments are using to make easing or tightening social mobility restrictions and opening and closing decisions in the face of the pandemic - a pandemic with arguably not any where near the negative impact on US public health that warrants the damage done to America's social fabric and economy.

It's noteworthy that two of the major cruise lines, RCCL and NCL commissioned a panel of experts with some high rolling experience in infectious diseases, operating a cruise ship at sea and in port, and in managing health conditions aboard cruise ships. The commission produced a 77 page document outlining the procedures and protocols that RCCL and NCL will follow. The document named Safe-to-Sail Report addressed every conceivable concern that the CDC has publicly advanced about the risk of viral spread aboard cruise ships. The document was submitted to the CDC with recommendations that all cruiselines wising to sail from US ports adopt the commissions recommendations. Pence has seen it according to reports and will meet with all the cruise line executives on Friday to discuss how they will move their industry forward.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions, one of the biggest being if US ports are re-opened to cruise ships will ports in Europe, Asia and the Caribbean re-open? Cruising has already re-started in Europe with the Italian Line, MSC, having submitted a similar plan to that of the US commission to the Italian government. Only Italians can board. MSC started sailing 3000 passenger cruise ships on August 16th on a limited basis with limited port calls and strict mitigation measures being implemented. So far, so good. Another German brand, TUI, is cruising since the first week in August out of Warnermunde and Hamburg. They have had a couple of cases, none serious and all of them handled safely per protocols. Several Chinese and Taiwanese brands are sailing locally within Asia. No problems reported. Costa (a Carnival brand) begins regular operations in Europe this week. The press is disappointed that only one cruise line Huertigan, sailing in Norway, had problems and went back to the drawing boards. The rest are doing fine.

So, once again, we are seeing the stupidity of continuing widely applied restrictions in social and economic activity failing to deliver PH benefits while at the same time causing massive unemployment and economic loss for companies within these restricted sectors. It's appalling and finally, the US government has done a risk/cost/benefit analysis and declared the cruise industry has suffered enough, the risk of viral spread can be mitigated in the cruise ship environment and green-lighted a November 1st re-start date for the cruise lines that wish to operate out of US ports. Oh, and to bring all this together, Desantis has stopped the continuance of the stupid shit going on in S. FL that has wrecked the tourist and restaurant trade and created massive unemployment in that sector down there.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 1, 2020, 03:19 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

No she’s not. I’m not sure why you keep repeating this. Analysis of her positions put her left of Elizabeth Warren. She was arguing for bussing in 2020 for Christ’s sake.
                                Because it is true. Sure, she signs onto things (like Medicare 4 All), but once there is resistance then she backs down. After the first debate, her people started softly backing away from M4A. She didn't get any traction in the primaries because no one understood where she stood on the issues. BUT she has shown that she can be pliable depending on where the current political winds are going.

She will excite those love their identity politics. But those people were already going to vote for Biden anyways. Her record in CA as AG shows she was not as progressive as she calimed to be.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X