Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    F1 has canceled the Russian Grand Prix. I know you were all looking forward to watching.
    If the Russians brought out some of their tanks, I would watch it. I've always liked their tanks.

Comment

• ...we need to unleash Ricky Bobby on their russki arses...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

If the Russians brought out some of their tanks, I would watch it. I've always liked their tanks.
        Tanks racing Ladas. My money's on the tanks

Comment

• Again, this may not be a topic he’s capable of handling rationally any more

Comment

• Putin describing the Zelensky government sounds a lot like how the Democrats talked about the last administration.

Comment

• Or Republicans describing the current one.

Only extreme views allowed nowadays.
              I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Putin describing the Ukranian government with some alarmingly accurate words.

But, its not a valid reason to invade.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trust me on this one ...... this dick-dance where Putin suggests he's ready to talk and then he isn't or something comes up that Ukraine does that he doesn't like is going to go on for weeks. Meanwhile he will continue to reinforce his military position. Putin is "brilliant" according the DJT's stupidly timed characterization of him but in a way The Donald is right. Putin is, if anything besides ruthless and brutal, he's cagey.

From trying to read as much as I can consume on the situation, the first thing I remind myself of is that facts on the ground are hard to come by. Even in an ideal situation an unfolding military operation is very difficult to get a clear cut picture of how it's going or isn't going. In this situation, you have a world of instant reporting appearing on social media platforms with privately shot video as well as vetted reporting containing video and pictures from legitimate media sources on the ground in Ukraine and Russia.

My gut feeling with admitted bias is that the Russian Army is finding the Ukrainian Army and citizens are tougher, more prepared and, in some cases equipped with more sophisticated weapons than they thought they would be. It's possible that Putin is feeling the ebb of power and influence he hoped to wield in this "necessary and special military operation" he undertook moving in an unfavorable direction - hence the overtures for talks. IMO, his decision to invade Ukraine was a wild miscalculation with benefits not overcoming his miscalculated costs on multiple levels. OTH, he's a man with a lot of power that he doesn't want to slip away.

It's just as likely that this whole overtures for peace thing is a complete and utter fabrication with a dangerous and stealthy intent behind it.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Russia says it will begin cutting off access to Facebook because it has been 'censoring' good, honest Russian media. That may be part of it but the truth is that a lot of anti-war sentiment has been getting shared inside Russia on Facebook and organizing protests. Kremlin can't be having that.

Different note, Finland and Sweden are now openly considering applying for NATO membership because of all this. So naturally the Kremlin issues vague threats to them to 'beware of consequences'.

Comment

• I see images of innocent civilians and children being hustled along or carried by nervous moms fleeing from potential death and injury from indiscriminate Russian military operations and I'm just disgusted and frustrated by the completely unnecessary disruption to normal routines - work, school, family time. No disgust here. A dead fucking Russian soldier. GO UKRAINE!!!!

Dead Russian.JPG
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Quite possible we NEVER have a good figure as to how many Russians die in this war. Only estimates. Some reporter pointed out earlier that during the much smaller Georgia invasion back in 2008, it's a known fact that at least 6 Russian aircraft were shot down and to this day in the "official" records Russia claims zero KIA.

Right NOW Russian state media is claiming that a not a single Russian has died in Ukraine.

Comment

• The global outrage directed towards Vladimir Putin is pretty amazing - or at least the coverage of it. It's like breathless, over-reporting of auto wrecks, fires, shootings ...... and COVID. I'm cautious of judging how widespread this outrage might be and if it has any affect on Russians.

In an interesting news story, Right Wing Extremist groups in Europe are posting about their opposition to Russia's invasion of a free Ukraine and reportedly organizing militias to go to Ukraine, joining soldiers there loyal to Zelenski's government and confront the Russians. Cool ..... if accurate.

Comment

• If you've seen enough clips of Russian politics you've probably seen Dmitry Peskov. He's Putin's longtime press secretary. His daughter (who i think lives outside Russia) posted an anti-war message on her Instagram earlier today. Within an hour deleted it.

Despite Putin's best attempts, this is not popular and that's while doing an almost complete media blackout of any negative news. I think too many Russians know people who live in Ukraine that they can call and hear how they're down in a subway tunnel while the city gets bombed. Meanwhile Russian tv keeps saying that fighting has been restricted solely to the Donbas.

Comment

• Is VOA still active? Or currently being jammed?
                              I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X