Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    Rest assured, he will try to create some advantage/sympathy. You know, working so hard has weakened his immune system....
    No, regardless of how sick he gets, if at all, he'll brush it off as a "piece of cake, it's not bad, etc." I'm sure he's fuming that he's confined to the White House, especially in the heat of a campaign. Biden will likely suspend campaigning while Trump is quarantined but we probably won't know for sure until Biden wakes up in 4 or 5 hours.

Comment

• It's almost unbelievable how much PDJT has fucking destroyed some people's minds. It's like some advanced form of PTSD. Just totally fucked up. It's sad.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The president's announcement is going to impact the already foul national mood surrounding American's' view of the pandemic. It will fuel the media's promulgation of what I consider to be a false and damaging narrative regarding COVID risks. Nothing has changed fundamentally with COVID risks, one other person in the US, among thousands today, will be diagnosed with COVID-19. But I'll bet most of you here are more worried about COVID today than you might have been yesterday.

If you're paying attention, there is a shit-ton of conflicting COVID data points out there over the last week. The media enjoys generalizing an outbreak in Wisconsin - "a surge" - for example to the entire US when in reality, disease burden - a contextualized term that improves the impact of the virus by looking at multiple other data points - is low. US, CFR for example is 1.71 as of Thursday's data having declined from over 7 at it's peak in April. You'll here news reports of hospitals in Texas nearing ICU capacity without being informed that state hospital systems efficiently coordinate ICU bed space among each other.

Certainly, case numbers are up regionally and when taken in the whole, that impacts the collective data point for the US's new cases and makes it appear that the virus is uncontrolled everywhere. It's not and there are plenty of success stories at the state and local level. Florida and the Tri-county region including Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties are an example. Local FL news was saddened to learn yesterday that after a weekend of unmasked and undistanced revelry in Fort Lauderdale's bars unleased by the irresponsible actions of FL's Governor, Ron Ddesantis, FL's positivity rate dropped further while remaining well below 5%. As well, FL's other metrics continue their downward trends.

There were also news reports over the last three days that questioned the reliability of some rapid tests with one company, E15Bio, withdrawing it's request to the FDA for EUA because, it couldn't prove it's rapid test produced results with a 50% accuracy rate - the FDA's relaxed standard for rapid tests it will authorize on an emergency basis ...... one company, ONE. There are dozens of companies manufacturing and distributing rapid tests that work to > 80% accuracy, 100s of thousands of these are available and being used as POC testing devices without being questioned about their accuracy. These reports that falsely cast doubt on the utility of rapid testing are counterproductive to recognition of their importance. Yes, their are testing glitches in the US and I've advocated for more centralized control and distribution of testing supplies and reporting protocols. But in the main, testing and tracing has improved and is helping to control the spread of the virus at regional levels, in schools, businesses and the like. We hear nothing about that.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm sure there's a couple of swabs awaiting Biden this morning. The debate may have a far greater impact on the election than anyone could have imagined.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I will say that as far as PDJT goes, whatever tests he used this summer showed Governor DeWine with a false positive (to Jeff's point re testing). It's entirely possible that PDJT has a false positive.

Comment

• If you're paying attention, there is a shit-ton of conflicting COVID data points out there over the last week. The media enjoys generalizing an outbreak in Wisconsin - "a surge" - for example to the entire US when in reality, disease burden - a contextualized term that improves the impact of the virus by looking at multiple other data points - is low. US, CFR for example is 1.71 as of Thursday's data having declined from over 7 at it's peak in April. You'll here news reports of hospitals in Texas nearing ICU capacity without being informed that state hospital systems efficiently coordinate ICU bed space among each other.
              Great stuff, Jeff.

Comment

• Antifa is just a conspiracy theory. It's really the Proud Boys carrying all of those Antifa flags, defacing public monuments, pulling motorists from their cars and beating them to a pulp, and burning down American cities.

Comment

• I don't buy that Trump's faking the tests either. It'll eat him up that he has to stay locked up for two weeks minimum. Where's the advantage to him for that?

And yeah, I'm worried for Biden. They stood a good distance apart but he was in a room with at least three infected people (none wearing masks) and one of them was yelling in his direction.

Comment

• Biden will be fine. They were standing pretty far apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I will say that as far as PDJT goes, whatever tests he used this summer showed Governor DeWine with a false positive (to Jeff's point re testing). It's entirely possible that PDJT has a false positive.
                      I suspect they tested him multiple times. The fast test machine they have, the one that turns around results in 15 minutes, probably came back positive. I assume they then sent a sample out for verification from a slower but more reliable test and that one came back positive too.

Hicks was known to be positive early Thursday morning. She was feeling sick in at the rallies in Minnesota and rode in the quarantine section of AF1 on the way back. By all reports she IS symptomatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I suspect they tested him multiple times. The fast test machine they have, the one that turns around results in 15 minutes, probably came back positive. I assume they then sent a sample out for verification from a slower but more reliable test and that one came back positive too.

Hicks was known to be positive early Thursday morning. She was feeling sick in at the rallies in Minnesota and rode in the quarantine section of AF1 on the way back. By all reports she IS symptomatic.
                        Yeah, I agree. And I agree with you that's there's no way he'd want to be positive.

Comment

• Heh heh. From Stefan Molyneaux this morning.

Comment

• Pence and Mnuchin both negative tests this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Antifa is just a conspiracy theory. It's really the Proud Boys carrying all of those Antifa flags, defacing public monuments, pulling motorists from their cars and beating them to a pulp, and burning down American cities.
                              I think I read somewhere that the leader of the Proud Boys is Hispanic. That might rule out that the group is white supremacist.

Also, isn't the Proud Boys a group that includes a lot of veterans, hence, the reason for the name "Proud" Boys?

The lesson of 2020 seems to be that anyone who is opposed to burning down communities, looting and rioting is a white supremacist and racist.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Pence and Mnuchin both negative tests this morning
                                Good. I hope Biden and his people are negative as well.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X