No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More from this afternoon's COVID stuff. Another Economist article. It's highly informative in a way that the news is not. This one may be accessible. It's very good in a number of ways. This is just one of them on vaccines and the issue of early availability. It speaks of the need to start getting some of them out there but only if it can be done safely and the FDA appears to be fulfilling its role in that area. What you will hear though is more bull shit from PDJT's lips on this, like the FDA is trying to undermine his election chances. Ignore it:

Vaccination at a slower rate which starts earlier sees fewer eventual infections than a much more ambitious campaign started later. At the same time increases in R—which might come about if social distancing and similar measures fall away as vaccination becomes real—make all scenarios worse.

By next winter the covid situation in developed countries should be improved. What level of immunity the vaccines will provide, and for how long, remains to be seen. But few expect none of them to work at all.

Access to the safety thus promised will be unequal, both within countries and between them. Some will see loved ones who might have been vaccinated die because they were not. Minimising such losses will require getting more people vaccinated more quickly than has ever been attempted before. It is a prodigious organisational challenge—and one which, judging by this year’s experience, some governments will handle considerably better than others.

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2...ear=nl_today_1
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 24, 2020, 04:56 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This could be something although details are sketchy. The House leadership is crafting another stimulus bill with a lower price tag, $2.4b instead of $3.8b. It appears to be targeted at areas where I personally support stimulus..... direct payments, airline aid, more PPP, better small business grants and loans. There does not appear to be aid for states, an area that I support that has been stupidly called politically unattractive. As long as the treasury is doing helicopter cash and basing this on MMT, public services at the state and local level will be significantly cut going forward. That needs to be avoided and, for me, I don't give a shit about the costs.

We'll see if this has legs and a chance of the Trutle green lighting it based on this evening's market futures and what happens to the indexes at the opening bell tomorrow.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/24/coro...lief-bill.html
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Blue check marks (i.e. verified users) on Twitter.

EisMNOFWkAMW-nF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Twitter doesn't censor Conservatives. They just ban hate speech! LOL

Comment

• Yeah, it’s hard to dispute that. Pretty much all you’re left with is “private company, can do what they want” response.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yawn.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Yeah, it’s hard to dispute that. Pretty much all you’re left with is “private company, can do what they want” response.
              Not with direct calls to violence, especially when those calls are heeded.

Comment

• Ds gonna D, man. Shooting cops and rioting ain’t no thing. Misgendering, however, can’t be brooked.

Ds gonna D.

Comment

• This is from the Washington Post (have to be a subscriber to link it)

Back in April--- There was a plan to send out 5 free masks via the post office to every American household. The Post Office had a press release ready to go giving credit to the White House coronavirus task force. The White House nixed it because they did not want to create a panic.

Here is a video talking about it from Kyle Kulinski.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Trump has finally released a healthcare plan and it's pretty complicated so let me see if I can summarize all two parts of it

1) He's signing an EO making it the official policy of the United States that people with preexisting conditions not be discriminated against when getting insurance. Wow, bold strategy, Cotton. We already have a LAW that does that and you're fighting like hell to get it repealed.

2) He's going to be sending everyone on Medicare a gift card with $200 TrumpBucks that can be exchanged for pills at your local pharmacy. He adds that "Joe Biden won't be doing this".

I wish I were kidding about that second one. Ironic that it comes within 24 hours of our "Does paying for a voter's court costs constitute bribery" discussion.

Comment

• shaddup
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Government action vs private action, DSL. If you can’t grasp the enormous distinction there’s not much to say. I know you grasp the shit out of it when it comes to your beloved Twitter. Eh.

Comment

• Does DSL belong to Antifa?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Government action vs private action, DSL. If you can’t grasp the enormous distinction there’s not much to say. I know you grasp the shit out of it when it comes to your beloved Twitter. Eh.
                            Donald Trump is using taxpayer money to send everyone on Medicare an extra $200, which he probably has no authority to do btw, right before an election, and literally tells people they should thank him and not Joe Biden, and you think that doesn't "smell" anywhere near as bad as what Bloomberg is doing? Really?

Whatever. It'll probably turn out to be as real as his promised middle class tax cut weeks before the mid-terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              Does DSL belong to Antifa?
                              Does Wiz belong to the human race?

Science says NO but bleeding heart liberals disagree.

Comment

• I guess Welfare is bribing voters. As is covid relief. And every other government benefit. I had hopes for something other than wafer-thin daft hawt takes, but here we are. Cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X