No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistically it probably changes little because I'd figure most people enraged by no football were probably Trump voters to begin with. And in a few weeks Trump will call Biden the founder of ISIS and that what every suburban housewife wants is a powerful, new vacuum and this'll all be forgotten.

Comment

• Ohio State football is kind of a big deal to a lot of people in Ohio. Perhaps they are all Trump voters which explains why he won Ohio so big and will probably somehow win Ohio again.

And, apparently, that means you don't really get CFB or Ohio State football. I know people will shit on a lot of things in the name of politics, but I never thought you'd turn your back on Ohio State football.

But, your latter point is obviously correct. Even if, against all odds, this somehow works out, PDJT will surely erase all goodwill accumulated therefrom with a preposterously stupid action, tweet or both.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• if Trump can take credit for it it definitely helps.

Moot point though. The B1G ain't playing.

Comment

• If they ACC and SEC have a successful season, then that would help Trump too. Especially if Biden is actually running ads blaming Trump for empty stadiums LOL

Comment

• Well, Biden is blaming PDJT for "peaceful protests" in the likes of Portland and Seattle. He certainly has the chutzpah to say whatever, so it's pretty clear he's going to blame PDJT for the B10.

Comment

• There have been quite a few news stories about all of the Bushsters, McCainsters, and Romneyites who have jumped ship and gone over to Biden. I guess those stories must be true because Biden is running a Pants-on-Head retarded campaign reminiscent of every Republican campaign since 1988. IMHO this is the first time since I could vote that the Republican is running a genuinely better campaign. I don't know if it's going to make a difference but all outward indications right now are that he's closing the gap.

Comment

• He'll generally say rioting is bad, but Biden won't mention antifa, BLM, any specific looting incident or any specific mayor. BUT, he will specifically mention "white nationalists" and "white supremacists" and "Trump supporters" -- again, how fucking stupid does he (and the Media) think we are? Good fucking gawd.

He could sew this shit up if he were to take an actively moderate position. But, man, when your VP candidate is tweeting about make sure arrested "peaceful protestors" get bailed out there's not much to do -- you've picked your side.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Ohio State football is kind of a big deal to a lot of people in Ohio. Perhaps they are all Trump voters which explains why he won Ohio so big and will probably somehow win Ohio again.

And, apparently, that means you don't really get CFB or Ohio State football. I know people will shit on a lot of things in the name of politics, but I never thought you'd turn your back on Ohio State football.

But, your latter point is obviously correct. Even if, against all odds, this somehow works out, PDJT will surely erase all goodwill accumulated therefrom with a preposterously stupid action, tweet or both.
                  I've said repeatedly that if you can hold classes on campus, you can play football too. So I think it's stupid to cancel it in the Big10's case because I think most if not all campuses are open. The football team can be kept isolated more easily than any group of kids on campus. Period.

But it's not a life and death decision to me because football is entertainment. I don't kid myself into thinking I love watching because I'm all invested in seeing these kids bond or develop life skills like Derek Dooley's showering technique.

Comment

• Very few decisions are life and death, but it's an important decision to a lot of people. Not you, I guess. It would seem you're more in line with the NYT editorial over the weekend. It's not that important. Fair enough.

But everything I said stands.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      He'll generally say rioting is bad, but Biden won't mention antifa, BLM, any specific looting incident or any specific mayor. BUT, he will specifically mention "white nationalists" and "white supremacists" and "Trump supporters" -- again, how fucking stupid does he (and the Media) think we are? Good fucking gawd.

He could sew this shit up if he were to take an actively moderate position. But, man, when your VP candidate is tweeting about make sure arrested "peaceful protestors" get bailed out there's not much to do -- you've picked your side.
                      Republicans claimed he would never even denounce the violence and rioting. Then he denounced the violence. Now the complaint is just denouncing looting and rioting isn't good enough, call out ANTIFA specifically. What happens when he does? What'll be the next complaint? Biden must denounce George Soros and demand he stop funding ANTIFA or something?

When did it become accepted truth on the Right that ANTIFA is a crucial faction of the Biden coalition and he dare not offend them?

Comment

• Republicans claimed he would never even denounce the violence and rioting.
                        Really. I'd love to see a cite for that.

The rest of your post is deliberately fallacious. Almost as much so as blaming PDJT for violence in urban centers.
                        Last edited by iam416; September 1, 2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• But, it's certainly clear Biden knows how to blame some people specifically. Just not the people who are actually responsible. Not HIS people. I'll repeat -- NOT HIS PEOPLE.

Comment

• Eh, whatever. The voters clearly see that PDJT to blame so it won't matter.

Comment

• Seriously, it would not surprise me if Biden calls out ANTIFA before the end of the week and the goalposts will be moved yet again. It'll never be "enough". I'd recommended he do it but after that? Fuck that, insist that Trump denounce QAnon. They're a larger part of HIS base than ANTIFA has ever been for Biden.

Comment

• He did the "both sides" thing, because everyone knows that Republicans are out there firebombing car dealerships in equal numbers along with the Democrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X