No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markets do assess the future, but it's pretty hard to argue that the future is 30% more attractive today than it was 9 months ago, which is how much the NASDAQ is up this year, and P/E ratios were already getting pretty high before then. And while the present doesn't last forever, it still takes cash to fund a losing enterprise, and that is what is going on in lots of the economy right now.

Comment

• I pick on Tesla a lot but exactly how FAR into the future is the market supposed to look to assess the current valuation? With them it's almost like they're being priced on where people think the company will be in a decade, not 12-18 months.

Comment

• I want to personally congratulate and thank talent for explaining to DSL (and my good friend, Rob) why arguing that deaths assigned by whatever correct or incorrect means and exaggerated by what ever "puffery" is present (thanks, AA) is unimportant at a policy (macro) level. Albeit to a lesser degree, disease burden - the suffering of those who contract COVID but don't die - as a guiding factor in the development of PH policy in response to the pandemic is equally misguided.

DSL, I'm glad you "agree 100%" with the two relevant posts talent made in this discussion of COVID related deaths as a guiding principal for continuing draconian mitigation measures. Continuation of these misguided PH policies is screwing up billions of people's lives. Meanwhile hand wring over a relatively small number of deaths or potential deaths or disease burden is allowed to guide the development of most global PH policy, in particular, that of the US. Such policy on a global basis is cratering the economy in a reality where that outcome severely overrates the COVID risk to the PH and leaves the costs of the economic and social catastrophe created by them out of the calculations.

Your "100% agreement" is a fantastic indicator that you're getting your head out of your ass. Well done!
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This pollster is considered one of the best and has Biden ahead by 7 points. Conducted August 26-30, so around the end of the RNC and a few days after

Comment

• What Joe Biden gets away with NOT saying: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...aying-and-why/

As contrasted to, say, PDJT...good stuff...
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Queen Nancy needed her shampoo and roots touched up, so she had it done.

Problem is, California hair salons have been locked down for months, including the salon she had it done in.

EXCLUSIVE: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited a San Francisco hair salon Monday afternoon for a wash and blow-out, despite local ordinances keeping salons closed amid the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News has learned.

She will likely blame Trump for the negative press she's getting for her visit.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm a big seller of Tesla, unless you think that going to Mars will be lucrative. Electric vehicles are a turd sandwich and require massive amounts of government subsides and credit programs to make viable. Not to mention the massive electrical infrastructure upgrade that will be needed to support the country's fleet once more than a percent of the country us using BEVs. Assuming most consumers are OK with the small EV range and slow charging speeds. Oh, and most of our power grid is still fossil-fuel based and always will be.

Even if you are a full on believer in man-made climate change due to greenhouse gases, there are far better ways to reduce CO2 emissions.

Comment

• I think you're wrong Hanni.

According to my Sim City game, Fusion technology will soon be upon us and the need for fossil based fuels will be obsolete.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And to think that we've always assumed that Liney was IN a video game- and not actually playing them. The weirdness that is 2020 just keeps coming.

Comment

• German government says Navalny was poisoned by the same nerve agent (novichok) the Russians used when they poisoned Sergei Skripal in the UK

Alexey Navalny, the Russian opposition leader and one of Vladimir Putin's fiercest critics, was poisoned with a Novichok nerve agent, the German government said.

Comment

• July 19- In an interview with Chris Wallace, Trump promised they would be releasing details of a replacement for Obamacare in two weeks. I'm probably not surprising anyone when I say no plan has been revealed.

The long history of Trump promising a fantastic healthcare plan "in two weeks" or "very soon"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          German government says Navalny was poisoned by the same nerve agent (novichok) the Russians used when they poisoned Sergei Skripal in the UK

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=72770906
                          Somebody should publicly quote Game of Thrones here:

"Poison is a woman's weapon".

Comment

• Portland's mayor is moving out of his condo due to the consistent protesting out front of the building. Fires and such. I guess he just wan't quite woke enough.

Comment

• And now a not-so-good poll for Biden from a quality pollster. PA just a 4 point race, down significantly from mid-July. Poll was taken right after the end of the RNC

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 2, 2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Pretty much every poll is narrowing. National and state. At least over the past month.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X