No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...well my broker is EF Hutton...and he says...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Disastrous. LOL
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lol not really a big deal right now**.

If you compare the market to sports, it went from being the 72-10 championship Chicago Bulls to the 69-13 championship Chicago Bulls. OH NO, panic mode.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Love the story about Pelosi and the salon. Breaks Covid rules. Then apologizes only for allowing herself to be set up by dirty tricks hair stylists. It's so quintessentially #GentryProg -- what's good for thee sure as fuck ain't good for me.
          Pelosi blaming the hair stylists for a 'set up' is like Bill Clinton blaming Monica for the stained dress.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Disastrous. LOL
            Fair enough point. Wrong word. Makes it look like the entire market is having a shitty day when it's just a few huge companies.

Comment

• Even with the big companies, it may be a shitty day or disastrous day, but is it a shitty month? shitty two months? shitty year? I haven't a clue who's down and how much, but I'd be surprised if they've shed all their gains from, say, the past 3 months.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL...stick to making french fries...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ah, of course one of the big culprits of the morning sell off relates to something Fauci said. It never fails.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Even with the big companies, it may be a shitty day or disastrous day, but is it a shitty month? shitty two months? shitty year? I haven't a clue who's down and how much, but I'd be surprised if they've shed all their gains from, say, the past 3 months.
                    People are shifting money around most likely. Or others are cashing out. Apple &; the other giants are where people have been hiding their money for six months. My only point is what I've said for weeks about how when 5 companies comprise a huge portion of any index, the indexes themselves become less reflective of the markets as a whole. That was true when the Big5 were taking the S&P higher and higher every day and it's true today. Just one or two of them have a bad day it it looks like the market's tanking to anyone who just glances at the DOW or NASDAQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Ah, of course one of the big culprits of the morning sell off relates to something Fauci said. It never fails.

Huh? What did Fauci say?

Comment

• Fauci has been all over the board with his vaccine predictions.

I've heard him say that a vaccine 'might never' be available.

He's said it will be "at least 18-24 months" before one is available.

He's said it might be available in a year.

He's said it might be available BEFORE the end of 2020.

I think he should just say that he's not sure when or if one will be available, and that he's following the process as each company is working on their own project.

Comment

• Former Republican Michigan governor Rick Snyder endorsed Joe Biden for President today.

He says Trump is "a bully".

Snyder says he will work for Biden in an attempt to swing Republican voters to Biden.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ly/5700833002/

Not two years ago, nearly every Democrat in Michigan wanted Snyder removed from office, and some wanted him jailed for the Flint water fiasco.

But I guess its 'all better now' .

Comment

• Sorry Cody. Couldn’t see the tweet from work. Caught it on my phone

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Sorry Cody. Couldn’t see the tweet from work. Caught it on my phone
                              Fauci mentioned that vaccines are not likely by October.
                              COVID news, in particular vaccine related news, can boom or tank Dow pretty easily.

and yeah... the Twitter feature on the forum has been buggy for a couple months. I need to figure out how to post Tweets correctly if possible.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Damn it ...... you really have to listen carefully to what Fauci says and in what context it was said. He actually said when asked about a vaccine being available in October, :........unlikely ...... but not impossible."

First, context. Two vaccines are well into Stage III ...... trials those are Moderna's and Pfiezers both mRNA vaccines. The Oxford U, AZ collaboration has just entered Phase III. These use a monkey analog to ready the immune system to attack SARS-CoV-2 when it enters the human body. The rest of them aren't there yet and that includes the Indian, Russian and Chinese vaccines that will never enter the PH system to be used in the US. There's another German vaccine that I'm not sure where that is.

All of this talk of an October availability rests on the concept of "fast tracking" a drug. Happens all the time and drugs are approved at some point in Phase III trials if the data is solid enough to insure efficacy and safety. The drug companies, not surprisingly ($$$) are saying they've already got that kind of data. So, yeah lots of speculation ... nothing solid and that's pretty much what Fauci is saying. Not likely but not impossible. That's from his informed view on vaccine matters as opposed to a drive-by, uninformed view of reporters meeting deadlines and writing for 3rd graders.

The misinformation is so frustrating.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X