No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the first correct meme you've posted here CGVT.

Leftists have a whole slew of "fixing" to do over the next few years, mixed in with a little revenge.

Good times for you. Not so good for the rest of us.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Overall death rates in the US are still lower than pre-covid...and oddly flu numbers are down...and survival rates of Covid are still very high...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Overall death rates in the US are still lower than pre-covid
        That is not true

Figures present excess deaths associated with COVID-19 at the national and state levels.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          First, that's a link to Excess Deaths in the US due to COVID which is not the same as the over-all US death rate. The death rate in the US is believed to be 8.8% or 8.8% of the US population will die in 2020. It was 8.789% in 2019. Growth rates in both years were 1.2%. These values do not reflect deaths attributed to COVID-19 and there is a good reason for that. Global reporting of overall deaths and COVID deaths vary widely. https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...tes/death-rate.

There's no question that COVID has produced excess deaths above that of relatively stable 8.8% death rate. Pandemics will do that. So will getting fat from shitty diets increase death rates and the increaseing global death rate is a direct result of that and increasing poverty and strife.

Excess deaths from the 1918 Influenza Pandemic were much higher than the current COVID pandemic with CFR for the Spanish Flu believed to be in the 3.4% range globally while for COVID it is in the 2% range. There a lots of confounding factors in these kinds of analysis/comparisons - one is that mortality was generally higher in 1918 than it is in 2020. Age stratification, if it is accounted for, changes the numbers substantially.

So, let's be clear. It's important to be comparing apples to apples when making assertions about COVID impact and the best way to do that is to measure CFR for the two pandemics. Bringing in other factors clouds the question properly asked: Are more people dying in 2020 than 2019? The answer is yes but not by very much and fundamentally death rates have been upward trending since 2013 due to casues that have nothing to do with COVID.

If one asserts that death rates in the US in 2020 are lower than they were in 2019, I can find ways to do that. I can also find ways to demonstrate it is higher in 2020. The bottom line is that it is a futile exercise when one tries to assess the impact of COVID-19. Of course there are excess deaths due to that. To what degree and in comparison to other causes of death both currently and retrospectively, C-19 is less lethal than recent pandemics/epidemics, less lethal then the 1918 Spanish Flu, is less lethal that heart disease or cancer ...... I think that's what Wiz's point is.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 26, 2020, 07:28 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I had a point?

Cool.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It was on the top of your head.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That's why I wear a hat...so nobody sees it...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I like the way you work it
                  No diggity, I got to bag it up, bag it up
                  I like the way you work it
                  No diggity, I got to bag it up, bag it up, girl
                  No diggity, I got to bag it up, bag it up
                  No diggity, I got to bag it up, get up
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• " ...we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun..."
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Strumming my pain with his fingers
                      Singing my life with his words
                      Killing me softly with his song
                      Killing me softly with his song…

Comment

• ...you've really gayed this thread up mister...

"...tellin' me lies, tellin' me lies,

...tellin' me lies...no alibis..."
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Top dollar with the gold flea collar
                          Dippin' in my blue Impala
                          Top dollar with the gold flea collar
                          Dippin' in my blue Impala

Comment

• That was beyond gay...even from a Gay Bear worshipper...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You dis Dre and Snoop, you get the AK.

Comment

• Jason Lewis, the Republican candidate running for Senate in Minnesota, has been taken into emergency surgery for a severe internal hernia.

Comment

Working...
                                X