No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Colorado also requires a state issued photo ID to vote and has 15 days of early voting vs 17 days in Georgia. Does this mean Colorado is the Jose Canseco of Jim Crow?

Comment

• They are the Bama to Georgia's Auburn. Squeaky clean

Comment

• I'm still a bit confused how any of this is relevant to the MLB All Star Game.

Now I recall having punch card ballots handed out at Tiger Stadium back in the 1970s, but I thought that they had gotten past that after that "hanging chad" nonsense..

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
          I'm still a bit confused how any of this is relevant to the MLB All Star Game.

Now I recall having punch card ballots handed out at Tiger Stadium back in the 1970s, but I thought that they had gotten past that after that "hanging chad" nonsense..
          Georgia passed a law that requires you to show your passport to vote on the best Third Baseman

Those little punch cards were fun but how much you want to bet they just dumped out the ballot boxes in the trash every night and a group of cigar-chomping dudes at league headquarters were actually choosing the teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

There's some truth to the idea that corporate leaders have drifted to the left on social issues but the simpler truth is that Blue America has become wealthier than Red America. The parties have significantly realigned since the late 80's. Nearly all the biggest metro areas in the country are now pro-Dem and that, like it or not, is where the country's wealth resides. It wasn't that way in the 80's when it was a lot more evenly split. Trump driving suburbanites out of the party, even in red states, has sped this up. It's very possible that corporations ARE acting in their self-interest in catering to New Yorkers over South Dakotans.
            Blue America might be weathier than Red America, but corporate America in many cases has gone full on loony Left, and there are also more than a few cases of them committing some form of economic suicide by stressing woke politics over satisfying customers. The best example of this is Gilette's preachy "toxic masculinity" ad that will forever serve as an example of how not to create a loyal customer base. I saw either a makeup ad or a shampoo ad openly advocating for child transgenderism the other day. That's absolultely not a majority sentiment. It's not even a "small minority" sentiment. Most people don't even believe that there is a pro transgender child movement, much less even have a positive opinion of it. Then there are sports league ratings tanking spectacularly as the leagues take a gigantic shit all over their fan base and companies like Calvin Klein using fat transgender models because of wokeness.

200626154625-01-jari-jones-calvin-klein.jpg

There is absolutely no sensible or feasible argument that having a fat transgender model (an extremely ugly one who doesn't even pass) sells more clothing, other than to a tiny, lunatic fringe minority of transgenders and feminists morons who have been complaining for years that clothing companies use attractive models to sell clothing. There are more people who believe that the Earth is flat than identify as transgender.

Airlines coming out in opposition to Georgia's voter ID law are another hilarious example. Voter ID laws are not at all unpopular and the opposition to them is intellectually dishonest. Not to mention, to use an airline, you have to do the exact same thing that Delta says is "racist" to do to vote . I'll bet that the people who are genuinely dumb enough to believe that having to show your ID to vote is "racist" is less than 10% of the population. There is no rational case to be made that opposing voter ID laws sells more airline tickets. If anything, it makes people hate airlines even more at a time when they desperately need business.

Not to mention the untold billions of stockholder value that Twitter, Facebook, and Google are flushing down the toilet by kicking some of their most popular content creators off of their platforms. The effects of these have been largely masked by a long stock market runup, but one day tankings of stocks like Twitter and Google have been traced to specific events, such as when Twitter permanently banned Trump. There is, once again, no feasible or sensible argument that Google makes more money by kicking off Conservatives who have subscriber counts in the millions. They stand to make shit tons of money hosting people like Alex Jones.
            Last edited by Hannibal; April 6, 2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Here is Pantene's transgender child video. Remember way back when, when the promotion of child transgenderism was just a right wing boogeyman?

It currently sits at about a 5:1 dislike to like ratio. So much for selling more shampoo.

Comment

Those little punch cards were fun but how much you want to bet they just dumped out the ballot boxes in the trash every night and a group of cigar-chomping dudes at league headquarters were actually choosing the teams?
                I'm certain that's the case. One of my friends volunteered us to pass them out, and retrieve them at a game once. There were thousands handed out every game in every stadium for about 3 months. Probably tens of millions overall. Yet, when they showed the final tallies, they were always off by at least an order of magnitude.

Comment

• EyOv8xyWUAcKiuF?format=png&name=medium.png

Comment

• LOL

Re: Pantene ad: You know it's bad when they have to disable the comments.

Comment

• There are more people who believe that the Earth is flat than identify as transgender.
                      True.

But there are a shit-ton of conservatives and liberals combined that believe that the choices you make are yours and yours alone to make, consequences notwithstanding. IOW they support free-choice.

Certain limits understandably apply to that position but choosing your sexual orientation or gender identity isn't among those limits in most places I know of.

One can argue that the only reason that is the case is that the courts have been infiltrated by woke liberals. I'll defer to Talent on this one but I believe he's posted here before that judges seem to be following the law. Not in all cases where some whacko judge is blatantly not doing that, but most.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fox News: Boycott baseball! Send a message that real Americans won't stand for sports being used for cheap political theater! Let's make sure their ratings SUCK!!!

Fox Sports: Um, fellas...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          LOL

Re: Pantene ad: You know it's bad when they have to disable the comments.
                          Heh. They are going to disable likes and dislikes soon too.

Comment

Fox News: Boycott baseball! Send a message that real Americans won't stand for sports being used for cheap political theater! Let's make sure their ratings SUCK!!!

Fox Sports: Um, fellas...
                            I guess that's a lot like good ol' Stacey Abrams and Ossoff....JIM CROW!!!!....ummm, yeah, about that...no need to boycott!
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Speaking of boycotts...State Dept claims they're "considering" a boycott of the 2022 Winter Olympics

Comment

• Can someone create a Kapture style "what button do I press?" meme where the MAGA-man must choose between Gavin Newsome and Caitlyn Jenner?

Comment

Working...
                                X