Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    The Oregonian reverses course on funding the police and, in particular, disbanding the gun violence team. https://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/2...lice-team.html

The editorial is a hilarious, I MEAN HILARIOUS, read of what a Prog looks like when reality finally sets in.

The National Review, of course, mocks their initial stupidty and brazen disregard of the obvious. https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ice-after-all/

As I said, if Progs want to turn their streets into the Wild West, then have it. Local communities should decide if they prefer more police or more murders.
    I haven't been to Portland in about 13 years- but I remember it was a really nice place. It was hard to imagine that it was even in the same country as Midwest cities like Detroit or Cleveland. Maybe "Climate Change" is responsible for this place falling apart like it has.

Comment

• What's going on in Corporate America is truly fascinating. In the sense that the Paris Commune and the Bolshevik Revolution were also quite fascinating.

Far Left Wing Social activists from Wall Street (i.e. BlackRock) have discovered a formula with which they can exert a wildly disproportionate amount of power. They obtain tiny pluralities of corporations (10% seems to be the magic number) and then, as the largest shareholder, force the Boards of Directors for these huge companies to implement Far Left Wing woke politics. The next time that you see a consumer-oriented company like Proctor and Gamble or Yum Brands acting in a bafflingly woke manner that costs them an astronomical amount of money in lost sales, look up who their largest shareholders are. I guarantee you Blackrock will probably be that #1, or at least the #1 institutional shareholder. This phenomenon is why big oil's resistance to AGW policies have disappeared in the past decade. They even tried to save Keystone XL pipeline by talking about "sustainability" practices. Talk about playing by the enemy's rules.

Pretty much every law of corporate governance was set up under the assumption that corporations will act in their self interest. Nobody envisioned a future in which corporations would be controlled by small pluralities of activists who gain the ability to sacrifice other people's billions to market an agenda that has nothing to do with the interests of the corporation itself. And, in many cases, they act directly counter to the interests of those corporations.
      Last edited by Hannibal; April 6, 2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        What's going on in Corporate America is truly fascinating. In the sense that the Paris Commune and the Bolshevik Revolution were also quite fascinating.

Far Left Wing Social activists from Wall Street (i.e. BlackRock) have discovered a formula with which they can exert a wildly disproportionate amount of power. They obtain tiny pluralities of corporations (10% seems to be the magic number) and then, as the largest shareholder, force the Boards of Directors for these huge companies to implement Far Left Wing woke politics. The next time that you see a consumer-oriented company like Proctor and Gamble or Yum Brands acting in a bafflingly woke manner that costs them an astronomical amount of money in lost sales, look up who their largest shareholders are. I guarantee you Blackrock will probably be that #1, or at least the #1 institutional shareholder. This phenomenon is why big oil's resistance to AGW policies have disappeared in the past decade. They even tried to save Keystone XL pipeline by talking about "sustainability" practices. Talk about playing by the enemy's rules.

Pretty much every law of corporate governance was set up under the assumption that corporations will act in their self interest. Nobody envisioned a future in which corporations would be controlled by small pluralities of activists who are willing to sacrifice billions to market an agenda that has nothing to do with the interests of the corporation itself. And, in many cases, they act directly counter to the interests of those corporations.
        There's some truth to the idea that corporate leaders have drifted to the left on social issues but the simpler truth is that Blue America has become wealthier than Red America. The parties have significantly realigned since the late 80's. Nearly all the biggest metro areas in the country are now pro-Dem and that, like it or not, is where the country's wealth resides. It wasn't that way in the 80's when it was a lot more evenly split. Trump driving suburbanites out of the party, even in red states, has sped this up. It's very possible that corporations ARE acting in their self-interest in catering to New Yorkers over South Dakotans.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          The GOP is cancelling a lot of sports, pretty soon they are only going to be left with NCAA Women's hoops.

It is amazing the Rangers were able to continue without Abbott throwing out the first pitch.
          natural consequence of leftist politics infecting sports.

Comment

• COVID in charts .....

Corona VIrus April.PNG
            but, but, the the "spring surge" could still happen. The media still can't let go of their ridiculous fear monkey pandering. Well, there's still the Frogs. Blame the EUC's horrible vaccine roll-out for that.

Corona Virus Deaths April.PNG
            And this chart above my friends is the CDC's absolute ass-kicker.

Just monumentally pantsed with their timid public health policy guidance and false caveats as vaccines roll. The CDC does still try to remind us that there are variants out there that might be "game changers." Right again. Does anyone belive the CDC these days.

Never mind variants seem to be no problem for vaccines, except, like in continental Europe, when there are no vaccines. Does this tell us anything?

But wait, there's still vaccine INEQUITY, the NYT points out this morning. This, they argue, is because college educated, salaried whites have the time and are able to more easily access technology to schedule vaccination appointments while minority "hourly" wage earners don't. Right. Well, then there is Talent who clearly has a lot of time on his hands

Still, there has to be something for the woke left to bitch about and create a crisis but, it's becoming pretty clear that the pandemic isn't providing the same lucrative circumstance for that any longer.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 100%.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Joe Biden won just 520 counties across the United States compared to 2,564 counties won by Trump

But the Biden Counties account for 71% of the country's GDP. And that gap grew from 2016. In case anyone's curious the 5 most significant counties that Trump won were:

1) Suffolk (NY)
                2) Collins (TX)
                3) Oklahoma (OK)
                4) Kern (CA)
                5) Tulsa (OK)

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...onomic-divide/

I'm definitely not saying this explains everything in the shift in corporate America, but it's hard for me to think they haven't noticed that the parts of the country where the Dems win controls a disproportionate amount of the wealth at this point.
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 6, 2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, that the WaPo story about the call w/ the Georiga SOS was absolute lie. It's what you get you go with single anonymous sources because you just don't give a fuck anymore. What's suprising to me is that some idiot would cite that story after it's been absolutely and totally debunked as another Media Lie. Wait, that's not surprising.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Huh. I didn't realize until this conversation that Biden actually won Tarrant County, TX by a few thousand votes. That's Fort Worth and the surrounding burbs. He's the first Dem to win that county since LBJ in 1964.

Carry on

Comment

• Yeah, that the WaPo story about the call w/ the Georiga SOS was absolute lie. It's what you get you go with single anonymous sources because you just don't give a fuck anymore. What's suprising to me is that some idiot would cite that story after it's been absolutely and totally debunked as another Media Lie. Wait, that's not surprising.

Yup. Last two people on earth to believe it are AOC and froot. No, wait, that is the same thing.

Comment

• Just monumentally pantsed with their timid public health policy guidance and false caveats as vaccines roll. The CDC does still try to remind us that there are variants out there that might be "game changers." Right again. Does anyone belive the CDC these days.
                        Somewhere in that statement there is a Jim Harbaugh analogy.

HE HAS THE TALENT TO BUST THRU BIG TIME IN 2021 AND WIN THE WHOLE THING!!!! JUST WAIT AND SEE!!!
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I could be the one getting confused but I think there are two different Trump-Georgia phone call stories. The more well-known Raffensperger call was on Jan 2, lasted around an hour, and a recording of the call was made public almost immediately.

I think the story the Post fucked up royally was about a different call Trump made to the SOS' chief investigator sometime earlier around Christmas. That call lasted only about 5 minutes and weeks and weeks went by before a recording emerged which proved the Post's story had misquoted Trump and had relied on a single anonymous source. Which other outlets then "verified" by (probably) using the exact same source.

People are conflating the two calls/stories

Comment

• DSL...did you fall on your head at a young age?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No but I did fall down a well and my eyes went crossed. Got kicked by a mule and they go back. Hell if I know.

Comment

• If you hear on Fox or hear from a Republican politician claiming that Colorado is more restrictive on voting than Georgia, one of two things is happening

* They are willfully lying to you
                                * They are ignorant and repeating some other liar's talking point

Colorado mails ballots to EVERY registered voter and over 90% of voters choose that option. Their ID requirements are less strict than Georgia. Drop boxes are more common, are open 24 hours a day, and can be used up until Election Day. Everyone is automatically registered to vote when they apply for a drivers license. And finally they have same-day voter registration.

The only thing the brazen deceivers are pointing to is that Georgia has a few more days of in-person early voting than Colorado has. But that's pretty unnecessary when EVERYONE automatically gets sent a ballot and less than 10% vote in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X