No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The markets outstripped inflation. Wages did not. The 4.7% is great until you consider inflation was 6.8%. Unless those wages are inflation-adjusted (which I doubt).
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

This is pretty much not true. Illegally spied? LOL. Who's been charged with crimes? Anyone? One guy slightly altered a form or a transcript. Big fucking deal.
      Lying on a FISA warrant and the lie being material to the warrant being obtained = "one guy slightly altered a form". OK bro.

And I have addressed the "who has been charged with crimes?" question many times -- Democrats don't get charged with crimes because we have a banana Republic, two tier justice system in the United States. Democrats don’t even deny anymore that the Steele Dossier was fake and that was knowingly and willingly used to persecute their political opponents.

if you oppose the Democrats, they will sick the FBI or the IRS on you. Now that is a subversion of democracy.

What's the fact that the Capitol is a "public building" got to do with anything? Is that somehow supposed to mitigate what happened?
      What exactly is there to mitigate? Damage to the building? Considering the size of the crowd -- it was tiny.

Injuries to the police officers? Once again, penny ante shit compared to the sum total of the 2020 BLM riots.
      Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• The markets are in excellent shape. Which is great news for many of us. The small business owners who didn’t have an employer-matched 401K plan, on the ofher hand, are fucked. So are Zoomers and Millenials. Don’t really give a shit myself about that last group though. I’ll gladly cash in my wealth redistribution checks from Gen Y.
        Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• The real problem is when crypto goes kaboom...

Comment

• The stock market might do that too as the Boomers cash out.

Comment

• 09C9F7CC-FE68-420F-8BEB-B0F22CC921F7.jpeg

Comment

• Rich got richer under year 1 of Biden. Wonder if the lapdog media will report Chairman Poopypants as Champion of the Wealthy...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• With 68 new record highs for the S&P 500 in year one of Chairman Poopypants, I'll take more of the same please.

A crypto crash will only affect those idiots that invested in tulips in the first place.

Boomers are cashing out. I've moved 80% of my retirement out of the stock market. At the end of this year I'll do the same with my personal investments. You can't time the market but you can lock in profits. Statistically the year following a bull performance returns about 8%. Its a good time to be approaching retirement.
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Bubbleboy?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                      With 68 new record highs for the S&P 500 in year one of Chairman Poopypants, I'll take more of the same please.

A crypto crash will only affect those idiots that invested in tulips in the first place.

Boomers are cashing out. I've moved 80% of my retirement out of the stock market. At the end of this year I'll do the same with my personal investments. You can't time the market but you can lock in profits. Statistically the year following a bull performance returns about 8%. Its a good time to be approaching retirement.
                      I'm letting mine ride. Other than my military retirement, that I look at as having 1 mil that is safe and makes me about 5.5% per year, I am 100% in the market. Since I sold my house last year, I have a pretty big pile of cash that I need to do something with. I am going to buy 10k of I Bonds for both my wife and me with a bit of it (10K is max per person per year) . I Bonds are paying 7.12% for the next six month before they adjust for inflation again so they are about the best safe investment going right now. If you cash them in less than a year you lose the interest, 1-5 years you are penalized three months and after 5 years there is no penalty to cash them out. They are subject to Federal taxes but are exempt from state and local taxes. For short term they are a pretty good place to stash some cash.

BTW, I'll take a steady 8% in the market. It isn't going to keep going up 20+% forever.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Crash's favorite auditors, the Cyber Ninjas, have disbanded and may declare bankruptcy after an Arizona Judge found them in contempt and ordered them to pay $50,000 A DAY until they turn over the documents he had demanded they release. The very same day they disbanded, seemingly in an effort to dodge the fines and avoid turning over any documents. It's got even the most hardened MAGA fans wondering if it was all just a big scam (SPOILERS: It was)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cyber-...r-court-ruling

Comment

• Having now rewatched the Supreme Court hearing on vax mandates...I can say with certainty that Justice Sodomayor is not only a nutjob...but dumb as a bag of rocks. How the hell did she get where she is. Kagan and Breyer aren't much better and Roberts seems middle of the road. You know damn well if the court packing happens (I don't think that happens but...) but there will be more Sodomayors coming in the future if there is a D POTUS...fucking scary as hell.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sotomayor is bad. Just a terrible questioner. She speechifies with nary an iota of interest in asking a real question. Kagan is usually much better.

I’m not sure how they’ll rule after reading the transcript.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If we can't win this one...with a fairly conservative court...we are fucking doomed.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Obama thought Sotomoyor, Kagan and Merrick Garland were the best people available. He got two of them on the bench.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X