No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of hope being put on Zoom calls.
    U.S. worker productivity might be about to accelerate thanks to pandemic-induced technological adoption, which could lift economic growth and wages in coming years while staving off inflation pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      I see my little doggie in heat is sniffing my butt again.

Trust me, that's a bad idea.
      So true
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With Jim Crow ON STEROIDS now in Georgia, I guess it's time we start talking about what "infrastructure" means. And the answer to that is, apparently, EVERYTHING.

Comment

• So, I assume that the dude who attacked the Capitol with his car wasn't a "white supremacist" because, well, I haven't heard shit about the story. I do know that when "white supremacists" attack someone with a car or attack the Capitol it's incontrovertible proof of "white supremacy." So, there must be a reason why this story went away so quickly...

Comment

• Just a decade after celebrating Citizens United like it was the rebirth of the Republic, Mitch McConnell warns big corporations to stay out of politics lest they "face consequences'. TURRIBLE!

Republicans thought that the clout and resources of big corporations would always work to their advantage so they pushed for them to have the same freedoms of speech and expression as individual citizens. Now the shoe's on the other foot and Democrats are the beneficiaries so no big surprise, Republicans want major corporations punished or to at least shut the hell up and stop getting involved in politics (as if major industries haven't been "political" for decades and decades)

Brazen dishonesty and hypocrisy. Cons gonna con. The American people see through this miasma of deceit!!!!

Comment

• The Oregonian reverses course on funding the police and, in particular, disbanding the gun violence team. https://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/2...lice-team.html

The editorial is a hilarious, I MEAN HILARIOUS, read of what a Prog looks like when reality finally sets in.

The National Review, of course, mocks their initial stupidty and brazen disregard of the obvious. https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ice-after-all/

As I said, if Progs want to turn their streets into the Wild West, then have it. Local communities should decide if they prefer more police or more murders.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                So, I assume that the dude who attacked the Capitol with his car wasn't a "white supremacist" because, well, I haven't heard shit about the story. I do know that when "white supremacists" attack someone with a car or attack the Capitol it's incontrovertible proof of "white supremacy." So, there must be a reason why this story went away so quickly...
                The day of the attack I heard he was a black Nation of Islam member who had posted a bunch of despondent suicidal shit on his Facebook in the days before the attack. There's a story just today that he bought the knife he had on him (a $300 kitchen knife it turns out) only about 90 minutes before the attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Just a decade after celebrating Citizens United like it was the rebirth of the Republic, Mitch McConnell warns big corporations to stay out of politics lest they "face consequences'. TURRIBLE!

Republicans thought that the clout and resources of big corporations would always work to their advantage so they pushed for them to have the same freedoms of speech and expression as individual citizens. Now the shoe's on the other foot and Democrats are the beneficiaries so no big surprise, Republicans want major corporations punished or to at least shut the hell up and stop getting involved in politics (as if major industries haven't been "political" for decades and decades)

Brazen dishonesty and hypocrisy. Cons gonna con. The American people see through this miasma of deceit!!!!
                  I mean, that's ok. But, you'd be far better off if you were actually working with facts that connected. Like, say, McConnel sayng Citizens United sucks. So, it's just, like, more or less stupid. You can do way better.

Unfortunately, DJT isn't running shit any more. It's all your boys and, man, those motherfuckers can lie just as good and as much as DJT. Must be quite the realization for you. Did you know Georgia has insittuted apartheid? APARTHEID!

Comment

The day of the attack I heard he was a black Nation of Islam member who had posted a bunch of despondent suicidal shit on his Facebook in the days before the attack. There's a story just today that he bought the knife he had on him (a $300 kitchen knife it turns out) only about 90 minutes before the attack.
                    Oh, we all know why this isn't a story any more.

Comment

• Citzens United was all about establishing that corporations have the same rights as people to participate in the political process. McConnell hailed the decision at the time, going so far as to say that they had been deprived of their rights for too long.

Now McConnell explicitly says that corporations should stay out of politics.

What happened? Oh, well corporations changed their politics. McConnell, Trump, and their fellow "conservatives" only want their opinion if they're going to regurgitate a Heritage Foundation script.

So brazen. So dishonest. So hypocritical. So Republican.

THANK GOD FOR THE CHAIRMAN AND HIS HUMILIATION OF THESE INSUFFERABLE POLTROONS

Comment

• A chicken in every pot and a Model A in every garage, Honest Joe Biden is as good as his word.

We have some economic saboteurs in this country, those who seek to do the nation harm through petulant behavior, lashing out over feelings of inadequacy due to political impotence, but we'll flush the bastards out and drive them into the sea.

America: WE CAN DO THIS!! FUCK YEAH!

Will Ferrell Usa GIF

Comment

Citzens United was all about establishing that corporations have the same rights as people to participate in the political process. McConnell hailed the decision at the time, going so far as to say that they had been deprived of their rights for too long.

Now McConnell explicitly says that corporations should stay out of politics.

What happened? Oh, well corporations changed their politics. McConnell, Trump, and their fellow "conservatives" only want their opinion if they're going to regurgitate a Heritage Foundation script.

So brazen. So dishonest. So hypocritical. So Republican.

THANK GOD FOR THE CHAIRMAN AND HIS HUMILIATION OF THESE INSUFFERABLE POLTROONS
                          Again, you're not making the point you think you are, but then again, McConnell isn't giving you layups like "JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!"

Comment

• Rich Lowry eviscerates The Media: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...isinformation/

I particularly like it because it compares The Woke Overlord Media Progandists to the Russians. The latter are rank amateurs in disinformation compared to the former. JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!

Comment

• If I didn't know better, I'd say the Woke Overlord Media Propandists are intentionally trying to prop up DeSantis. https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...right-enemies/

I mean, they come after him with lie after lie after lie only to get their shit packed time and time again. They're creating a hero. I haven't a damn clue how he governs other than re Covid (which is A+++). But, good lord, if The Media hates him that much....

Meanwhile, the great Andrew Gillum goes off and creates an actual political scandal and GQ is STILL writing puff pieces on him -- THIS YEAR....https://www.gq.com/story/andrew-gillum-marriage-profile

Media gonna Media. Woke Overlords gonna Overlord.

Comment

• And, heh, of course, if mere hypocrisy is the name of the game -- like, I guess McConnel?, then does it get much bigger than the Soak the Rich Progs adamant and total worship of an unlimited SALT deduction? They are literally advocating, feverishly, on behalf of millionaires and billionaires.

Then again, I've fully acknowledged there is no shortage of rank hypocrisy in politics and from politicians. What I wasn't quite sure of is whether the Progs would match PDJT's mendacity and, man, sure a shit -- they are full on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X