Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I don't think that there is any "almost" to it. Both parties and every corner of the media pulled out all the stops to defeat Trump. And they still needed a dozen or so unprecedented statistical anomalies for it to happen.

Did the Time Magazine victory lap article get posted here yet?

What they admit to with regards to "Fortifying" the election is absolutely fucking astounding.
    That Time article shows how truly gone fishing even the formerly respectable press outlets have become.

And, to be honest, The “nuclear” part wasn’t total hyperbole. The scary part about articles like that is the people that write them actually believe that they can make a difference and have no doubt in their righteousness. If you can’t play the Iranian or North Korean nuke cards, sloppy handling of Chinese bioweapons might do the trick.
    Last edited by Tom W; February 9, 2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Michigan Senate Republican leader caught on video telling people that he believes Jan. 6 was a hoax, no Trump supporters were involved, and that Mitch McConnell was part of the "plot" against Trump.

Now before you Trumpers (talking to the Talent and the Wizard here) leap out of your Laz E Boy recliners, spilling beer nuts everywhere, to cheer this man on, he has since apologized for his remarks. What a cuck!!

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mic...it-prearranged

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        What The Media tried to do to DeSantis was shameful. But, that’s what The Left does.

I hope DeSantis can capitalize.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DeSantis has positioned himself so that fewer Covid deaths in his state proves him right where as certain blue state governors have positioned themselves in such a way that more deaths bolster their position. I believe the former is the high ground

Comment

• Jeffrey Epstein's main man, Alan Dersh, was not feeling the Trump legal team today. You get what you pay for, Donnie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              DeSantis has positioned himself so that fewer Covid deaths in his state proves him right where as certain blue state governors have positioned themselves in such a way that more deaths bolster their position. I believe the former is the high ground
              To a certain extent I think the NE states that got hit hard in March/April deserve some leeway because nobody understood what was happening, there were no drugs to treat it, etc. etc. But Cuomo is such a colossal buck-passing asshole that I've to actually sympathize with De Blasio in that relationship, which I didn't think possible.

Comment

• Among states with at least 10M people, the two with the fewest deaths per citizen are North Carolina and then Ohio.

As of yesterday the 10 states with the most deaths (per 1,000 people) were:

1. New Jersey (2.478)
                2. New York (2.312)
                3. Massachusetts (2.184)
                4. Rhode Island (2.111)
                5. Mississippi (2.107)
                6. South Dakota (2.045)
                7. Connecticut (2.042)
                8. Louisiana (1.967)
                9. Arizona (1.931)
                10. North Dakota (1.908)

Florida is square in the middle at #25 but should also consider the disproportionate amount of the elderly.

The states least impacted are still the ones you'd expect: the most isolated states in the country. Hawaii & Alaska, Maine & Vermont.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Michigan Senate Republican leader caught on video telling people that he believes Jan. 6 was a hoax, no Trump supporters were involved, and that Mitch McConnell was part of the "plot" against Trump.

Now before you Trumpers (talking to the Talent and the Wizard here) leap out of your Laz E Boy recliners, spilling beer nuts everywhere, to cheer this man on, he has since apologized for his remarks. What a cuck!!

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mic...it-prearranged
                  Sounds like he’s both a moron and a cuck.

Comment

• Aunt-Jemima-Pearl-Milling-Pepsi.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.jpg

RIP Aunt Jemima - the latest victim of political correctness and political wokeness.

And all this time I just thought she was a nice, smiling brown lady who made a great pancake mix and syrup.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yep. They should bring backs Sambo's restaurants, too.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

To a certain extent I think the NE states that got hit hard in March/April deserve some leeway because nobody understood what was happening, there were no drugs to treat it, etc. etc. But Cuomo is such a colossal buck-passing asshole that I've to actually sympathize with De Blasio in that relationship, which I didn't think possible.
                        I think the DeSantis-Cuomo (De Blasio-Cuomo) stuff is mostly just illustrative of how brazenly The Media took sides.

The far better comparison is California and their hero Governor (well, formerly hero, heh) and Florida. Both states dealt with Covid surges and spread well past the initial blitz and, most importantly, both states have dealt with Covid in an almost polar opposite ways. California's statewide ban on schools, e.g., is still in effect and will remain in effect until the State Teacher's Union budges. LMMFAO. Florida, meanwhile, has been in-person school from the jump of the school year. California has a higher per capita caseload (barely).

At some point it'd be nice if we could dispense with school closings. Because, you know, the people who are getting mostly raked over the coals (outside of California) are city school students. And when those schools fail their kids because they wouldn't fucking teach them, then we all know what is to blame -- not covid, not the teacher's unions that Chairman Joe explicitly backs -- but, of course, white supremacy.

Comment

• Boy, was this a nice little gift to find in this morning - https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...595732480.html

Buchanan -- it's a long as twitter thread made readable on a webpage -- but fucking hell -- she annihilates the Covid Fear Monkeys. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Comment

• A warm, smiling black woman is a negative stereotype. From now own, all black female icons should be of a sassy woman waving a finger shouting "OH NO YOU DI-N"T!"
                            Last edited by Hannibal; February 10, 2021, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• From the article that Talent posted:

Etb1HP4XYAMbW9P?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X