No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure if I agree with the CDC estimates on infections -- 4X seems really high. But, even if it's 2X, the table is still devastating.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Boy, was this a nice little gift to find in this morning - https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...595732480.html

Buchanan -- it's a long as twitter thread made readable on a webpage -- but fucking hell -- she annihilates the Covid Fear Monkeys. I think you'll really enjoy it.
      Not surprising- but, as always, it comes down to WHY?

In their Master Class, Penn and Teller talk about how Magic is all about distraction and that the performance needs to keep the audience wanting it. Otherwise, it falls apart and you have to resort to scamming old people and kids with card tricks on street corners. The same kind of logic must be at work here. The Fear Monkeys must be obsessed with Magic to the point in which Whitmer and her ilk have to be reminded by her assistants to NOT dress up as Harry Potter for press conferences.

Comment

• The Fear Monkeys must be obsessed with Magic to the point in which Whitmer and her ilk have to be reminded by her assistants to NOT dress up as Harry Potter for press conferences.
        The Free Press ran an article yesterday, (paywalled, so I can't link it) stating that in spite of her favorable polls, that she's in for a fight when she runs for re-election next year. They (freep) still don't understand why she faces such opposition. I don't know what they're worried about. I'm sure they'll find enough votes in the Detroit precincts at the last minute to put her over the top of any opponent she faces.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If you go to a Dallas Mavericks game, you won't be standing for the National Anthem anymore. Owner Mark Cuban has done away with playing the anthem before games.

The Dallas Mavericks have stopped playing the national anthem before home games, owner Mark Cuban confirmed to ESPN, and do not plan to resume the tradition in the future.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Jim Geraghty is also on fire! https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...s-doesnt-work/

(1) The preposterously stupid "just use the Defense Production Act" line of thinking; (2) the WHO's President Xi bootlicking -- (so glad we rejoined right away!) and (3) approve J&J already...FFS

Comment

Boy, was this a nice little gift to find in this morning - https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...595732480.html

Buchanan -- it's a long as twitter thread made readable on a webpage -- but fucking hell -- she annihilates the Covid Fear Monkeys. I think you'll really enjoy it.
              I read it. It's good. Lots of nuanced, wait, fucking blatantly obvious shit. We've been saying this since day 30 when what was being reported by the MSM re COVID just didn't compute. That hasn't stopped and this Twitter thread demonstrates that.

BTW, there was an article in the Economist comparing Texas and CA. Same ideas advanced but the school stuff hits really hard. That's never been the hot-button issue it should have been and that's mainly because the folks aren't getting the straight scoop from the media and, unfortunately, from certain public officials who are in bed with the teacher's unions. If they were, they'd be mobbing local Commission meetings and demanding schools open.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• At this point, it's completely unjustifiable to be in a complete school lockdown. Unjustifiable. Governor Gav is running a huge ask risk of alienating a fuckton of voters and getting his ass recalled. But, man, you can't fuck with the State Teacher's Union, can you? Couldn't happen to a nicer fuckstick.

Comment

• I mean, at some point even Dr. Strangelove is gonna look at all this and be forced to fall back on TRUMP!!!!! instead of address the issues.

Comment

• "Biological sex is not binary"

EtVAbaqXIAIFDzn?format=png&name=medium.png

Comment

• AOC sent out an e-mail to her supporters to mass flag anyone who exposes her lies on Twitter, Facebook, etc so that the truth can be censored.

Can't have people finding out that you weren't even in the building that got stormed and were never in anything remotely resembling physical danger.

EtWsat1WYAMRZEQ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• Left is gonna Left.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          If you go to a Dallas Mavericks game, you won't be standing for the National Anthem anymore. Owner Mark Cuban has done away with playing the anthem before games.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...uban-direction
                          He reversed it. They will play the anthem.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I mean, at some point even Dr. Strangelove is gonna look at all this and be forced to fall back on TRUMP!!!!! instead of address the issues.
                            Believe I have stated several times at this point that I think schools should be open.

Comment

• Eugene Goodman ought to get a statue made for him at the Capitol. Or name the station after him.

Comment

• Chairman Joe's ambitious school reopening plan -- at least 50% of the schools with at least one day of in-person per week by his 100th day.

We are currently at 60% of all schools doing hybrid....so.....it's fucking embarrassing....

Comment

Working...
                                X