No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of the Masters, I saw this yesterday. Nice job by Rubio, ha.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Monday sent a letter to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred asking if Manfred would give up his membership at the exclusive Augusta National Golf Club in the wake of the league's decision to pull the 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta to protest Georgia’s controversial new voting law.

“I write to ask you whether you intend to maintain your membership at Augusta National Golf Club. As you are well aware, the exclusive members-only club is located in the State of Georgia,” Rubio wrote to Manfred.

Rubio said the decision to move the All-Star Game “will have a bigger impact on countless small and minority owned businesses in and around Atlanta, than the new election law ever will."

“Will Major League Baseball now end its engagement with nations that do not hold elections at all like China and Cuba? Will you end your lucrative financial relationship with Tencent, a company with deep ties to the Communist Party and actively helps the Chinese Government hunt down and silence political dissidents?”

“Taking the All-Star game out of Georgia is an easy way to signal virtues without significant financial fallout. But speaking out against the Chinese Communist Party would involve a significant loss of revenue and being closed out of a lucrative market,” he wrote.​​​​​​​

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...lub-membership
    Last edited by Mike; April 7, 2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• LMMFAO.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This for Hannibal -- a really long, great article on how the Woke Overlords operate Cancel Culture in corporations -- https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...as-railroaded/

This article focuses on the outrageous takedown of "Papa John."
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It’s not like the Federal government hasn’t engaged in shaming individual states based on the opinions of Woke mobs before. what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

• DeSantis/Rubio 2024
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• One place where covid is really bad right now is Brazil. They're now on track to surpass the worst peak in the US and may even end up having more total deaths despite being just 2/3 the size. A lot of this is probably due to the P1 variant, which I think is firmly established at this point to be more contagious. Not established yet that it's more deadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                This for Hannibal -- a really long, great article on how the Woke Overlords operate Cancel Culture in corporations -- https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...as-railroaded/

This article focuses on the outrageous takedown of "Papa John."
                Holy shit. Way to go Laundry Service! Sabotage your biggest account to burnish your woke credentials and end up laying off 10% of your workforce. Wokeism at it’s finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  DeSantis/Rubio 2024
                  I doubt Rubio would want to be #2 and it’s probably more important to the Senate that he holds a seat from Florida. But I’d say those are probably the two front runners if Trump doesn’t run again. Please, please, please, don’t run again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Speaking of the Masters, I saw this yesterday. Nice job by Rubio, ha.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Monday sent a letter to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred asking if Manfred would give up his membership at the exclusive Augusta National Golf Club in the wake of the league's decision to pull the 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta to protest Georgia’s controversial new voting law.

“I write to ask you whether you intend to maintain your membership at Augusta National Golf Club. As you are well aware, the exclusive members-only club is located in the State of Georgia,” Rubio wrote to Manfred.

Rubio said the decision to move the All-Star Game “will have a bigger impact on countless small and minority owned businesses in and around Atlanta, than the new election law ever will."

“Will Major League Baseball now end its engagement with nations that do not hold elections at all like China and Cuba? Will you end your lucrative financial relationship with Tencent, a company with deep ties to the Communist Party and actively helps the Chinese Government hunt down and silence political dissidents?”

“Taking the All-Star game out of Georgia is an easy way to signal virtues without significant financial fallout. But speaking out against the Chinese Communist Party would involve a significant loss of revenue and being closed out of a lucrative market,” he wrote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...lub-membership
                    It'd be interesting to see a roster of how many rich Democrats have memberships with Augusta National and how many of those will resign their memberships immediately.

Comment

• ru0co5k4wqr61.jpg?width=640&height=416&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1bf249eaa4db2998e86e134b216d28f073ba4482.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I doubt Rubio would want to be #2 and it’s probably more important to the Senate that he holds a seat from Florida. But I’d say those are probably the two front runners if Trump doesn’t run again. Please, please, please, don’t run again.
                        I agree re: Trump. He needs to get out of the way so electable Republicans can get on the election circuit early in 2022. He WON'T get out of the way, of course, but he should.

Comment

• Rubio is a pussy. No thanks.

DeSantis looks really good so far. The nomination is his if he wants it. I think that he would beat Trump straight up at this point.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; April 7, 2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• He’s my preferred candidate at this point. He has a Governor’s race next year, too. Really needs to win that or a lot of air will go out of his balloon.

Comment

• DeSantis/Rubio 24 The Phony Express!

Comment

• I'm not sure it is wise in a 50/50 election to be picking two people from the same ticket in a state like Florida, it could create some hassles with electors.

Comment

Working...
                                X