Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Good thing the Ds have some loony congressman to focus on.
    Hey, don’t minimize GaetzGate. This shit is awesome. I’m waiting for self-made videos to surface of him doing blow off a hooker’s ass. It seems like the next logical step.

Comment

• heh
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

But, yeah, fuck MLB. I won't be watching the ASG.
        Fucking cancel culture...
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Fucking cancel culture...
            Unity!

Comment

• Liz Cheney must have cornered the market on popcorn.
              Rep Matt Gaetz is expected to be indicted within the next few weeks as sources say former Florida official and friend Joel Greenberg has been 'singing to the feds' in the investigation against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                One of my favorite characters on WWF was "The Godfather" who used to make his "super fly" entrance with his "ho's" and get everyone to holler (including 10 year old kids) "PIMPIN' AIN'T EASY!!"

Classic.
                He was great. But I always loved Stone Cold Steve Austin. I remember one of the WWE episodes---he got hurt (this was in Joe Louis) and they took him out in an ambulance heading for the local hospital. All of a sudden, you see it rocking back and forth---then Stone Cold threw out the EMTs (or guys dressed like that) and drove off in the ambulance.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

He was great. But I always loved Stone Cold Steve Austin. I remember one of the WWE episodes---he got hurt (this was in Joe Louis) and they took him out in an ambulance heading for the local hospital. All of a sudden, you see it rocking back and forth---then Stone Cold threw out the EMTs (or guys dressed like that) and drove off in the ambulance.

Comment

• Everyone loved SCSA. Him and the Rock are in the Mt. Rushmore of Wrestling.

Comment

• The JLA had some great Raw episodes. There was the epic episode where SCSA and The Rock fought on the Belle Isle bridge and the Rock threw him off into the Detroit River.

And the epic show where SCSA gave Vince, the Rock and the Corporation a beer bath.
                      "Stone Cold" Steve Austin drives a beer truck to the ring and showers Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon and WWE Champion The Rock with Steveweisers on the Raw befor...
                      Last edited by froot loops; April 3, 2021, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Hey, don’t minimize GaetzGate. This shit is awesome. I’m waiting for self-made videos to surface of him doing blow off a hooker’s ass. It seems like the next logical step.
                        Yeah, that is pretty funny stuff. We all know that Gaetz wasn't the only willing participant in these activities, right? Pull up a chair, grab a few cold ones and watch the DC trash take themselves out.

Comment

• Some COVID tidbits:

A significant rise in US economic indicators is colliding with rising case numbers - which, BTW, I now consider an irrelevant measure of COVID worries when taken by itself. States seem unnerved by the rise and companies are hiring - especially the travel and leisure sector as businesses within this sector of the economy are experiencing now and planning for a summer boom in resort, airline, hotel and restaurant bookings. Here in S. FL, restaurateurs can't find enough workers as new restaurant openings surge, flamed by owners and chefs from NYC relocating to S. FL. A restaurant trade group here reported that one of the reasons for that is the continuation of UEBs, both state and federal subsidies, that make it more beneficial for restaurant staff to not return to work.

Rising case numbers and the perception that this is bad is also colliding with vaccine reality on the ground. It is obvious to whomever is following this stuff that the CDC and most official public health guidance at the state and local level isn't up to date and therefore a lot of it is irrelevant. My take is the CDC is at least a month behind the science. I'm not advocating for a free-for-all. There are still risks but disease burden has declined significantly and that is reflected in continuing downward trends in measures of that. The public though is still hesitant to go about life in a pre-pandemic fashion and a lot of that has to do with the what I consider to be very bad messaging from the CDC and a shit-storm of misinformation on social media.

Facing increasing public and political pressure, the CDC on Friday made two major announcements: (1) If you are vaccinated you can travel. This guidance, while nice, is about a month, maybe more behind the science. (2) The cruise industry can move from Phase 1 to Phase 2A in what the CDC calls their Conditional Sailing Order (CSO) issued in November of 2020. At the time of the CSO's release, the CDC promised to flesh out details and requirements for each phase. 5 months later, they have done that for one phase.

The industry was furious about the CDC's foot dragging. Most cruise fans expected a green-light from the CDC to restart cruising from US ports. Given vaccine reality on the ground that would seem possible. But,that isn't realistic. The reality of what happened in March, '20 when ports refused to allow some two dozen or more cruise ships to port and disembark passengers is still fresh in regulator's minds. Its an encouraging start. It is going to be a long time before cruise ships return to even limited revenue producing sailings out of US ports. Lots of regulatory hoops to jump through. My take is after mid-July and then it will be just a trickle of sailings, those sailings slowly increasing. A return to pre-pandemic profitability is more than a year away and there are lots of wild cards that could change the game substantially.
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 3, 2021, 07:21 AM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Here ya go Jeff...take a trip down memory lane.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=8736078776&searchurl=n%3D10012150 3%26pt%3Dbook%26bi%3Dh%26sortby%3D19%26kn%3DLancet &cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title6

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Everyone loved SCSA. Him and the Rock are in the Mt. Rushmore of Wrestling.
                              Macho Man was better than both
                              Attached Files
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Macho was probably the second best technical wrestler. He was great. He didn't draw money like SCSA or Rocky. Some of that was Vince, he pushed him off to announcing real quick. It kind of made no sense and it drove him mad.

By the time SCSA drew money, he really couldn't wrestle like he used to because Owen Hart fucked up that pile driver and almost paralyzed him.

Comment

Working...
                                X