No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama has a pending bill to make it illegal for businesses to bar the non vaccinated

i disagree but here in ‘But...Muh Freedumb!” land it is sure to pass
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• STFU dipshit.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So what took Dr. J, Kareem, Magic, Larry and Michael collectively two decades to build...Lebron may have destroyed with one tweet.

Nice work King Dumbass.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          Don't conflate the choice of wearing a mask with the choice of getting vaccinated or not.

WRT to vaccination. I don't give a fuck about who gets vaccinated and who doesn't when it comes to you. Getting vaccinated is a personal choice. When it comes to ME and MY health, MY preference is to get vaccinated and when I go out and will be inside, to have as many people around me as possible that are also inside that have been vaccinated. That's my risk reduction strategy to avoid having to deal with COVID. YMMV.

That means it's my choice to gather in indoor establishments or venues that require adults to be vaccinated to enter. Likewise it's my choice to not go to indoor establishments and venues that don't. The unvaccinated adults have the same choice. Get barred from venues or establishments that require vaccination to enter or go to those that don't.

By extension, it's my position that private indoor establishments and venues can establish requirements for entry inside - i.e., no shoes, no shirt, no service. That's legal. I'm opposed to Governor Desants' position on this and I'm pretty sure it's going to be challenged if he intends to extend this to airlines operating on international flights from FL airports or cruise ships operating from FL ports. Right now, he hasn't crossed that bridge.

Outdoors things for me are completely different. It is my assessment that the risk of becoming infected with COVID either with or without vaccination is so low as to render mitigation measures unnecessary.

This isn't hard. Choose wisely. If not for your health, for the health of others.
          the government requiring your vaccine papers for you to be able to participate in society.

Suck my c*ck

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            So what took Dr. J, Kareem, Magic, Larry and Michael collectively two decades to build...Lebron may have destroyed with one tweet.

Nice work King Dumbass.
            Its been obvious for a very long time that most if not all of the professional sports are liberal or 'progressive' in nature. Most people of conservative thought are not welcome in their clubhouses, which reeks of the good old days when whites only country clubs existed. If you don't meet the criteria, you're not welcome. Like it or not, its reverse discrimination and bigotry and its just as wrong in the left lane as it was in the right lane.

Sports used to be a means of escape from the problems of the day. Now, sports are used as a sledgehammer, to drive home the message and outright demands of the radical left. I refuse to listen any more. No TV in my home will be tuned to anything NBA. Cable companies can monitor what you're watching on each set in your home. The NBA will get no minutes here.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Here’s my two cents: vaccines are not 100%. They’re just not. Using a mask inside when I’m in close vicinity to potential vectors is one of those MHWH (may help; won’t hurt) things that we may do until case numbers decline appreciably. It’s a minor aggravation.

That said, shuttering businesses and events is overkill IMO. The Zimbabweans were right all along.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• According to a recent poll, 34% of respondents said they watch less sports as a result of social justice protests. This is informative because it assigns a specific cause (among others) to lower ratings. I think the biggest factor is the modified seasons with no or very few fans. But the pushback by those of us who have reached their limit with this bullshit is not insignificant.

The poll, which was conducted by Yahoo News/YouGov, found 34.5 percent of respondents saying they have watched less sports due to social justice messaging, while 11 percent said they have watched more.

Maybe this played a role in the IOC banning political expressions/protests at this summer’s games in Tokyo?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Here’s my two cents: vaccines are not 100%. They’re just not. Using a mask inside when I’m in close vicinity to potential vectors is one of those MHWH (may help; won’t hurt) things that we may do until case numbers decline appreciably. It’s a minor aggravation.
                  After 15 months, it's not just a minor aggravation. And there is data piling up that says that masks don't do fuckall to stop the spread of Covid-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

the government requiring your vaccine papers for you to be able to participate in society.

Suck my c*ck
                    My post in no way supports a government dictate to get a vaccine or a requirement for a a vaccine passport. Read the post. It's about the right of private entities to impose rules for entry That's legal as long as those rules aren't applied in a discriminatory way. Period. A broadly applied requirement for a vaccination to enter imposed by a private business isn't any different than no-short-no shoes-no service rules. I support the right of private businesses to do that. I do not support a government role in dictating vaccines.

The Biden administration has already indicated it's not likely that Chairman Joe is going to get behind vaccine passports for Americans as it appears the EU will for it's citizens.

The primary argument globally for not requiring vaccinations is the equity and justice bull-shit that comes from the WHO. If you're into that well, have at it. I
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

After 15 months, it's not just a minor aggravation. And there is data piling up that says that masks don't do fuckall to stop the spread of Covid-19.
                      Hannibal,

(a). A minor aggravation to me. I do not presume to speak for what aggravates others.

(b). A correctly worn mask does inhibit droplet spread.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hannibal has previously described mask-wearing as traumatic and emotionally crippling. Much in the same way Wiz feels when asked to put on shoes to be served at Denny's.

Please. Be kind to him. He's on a razor's edge.

Comment

• This big, tough guy comes up to me. He's right out of central casting. Bigger and tougher and meaner than anyone you've ever seen. And he's got tears in his eyes. He's crying for the first time in his life. And he says "Sir. SIR! These masks. I just can't take it, sir. These masks are dehumanizing. You're an incredible golfer, sir. Did you know Abe Lincoln was a Republican? Nobody tells you that".

Comment

• STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A quick reminder -- in April-May of 2020, Ron DeSantis was allowing people outdoors at beaches and Governors Cuomo and Gretch were telling nursing homes that they had to take Covid patients. We all remember which of those The Media "pounced" on as an outrageously awful example of leadership.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Major breakthrough in a malaria vaccine

Early trials show Oxford developers may have finally found an effective jab against the disease.

Comment

Working...
                                X