No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont' know how the country will support a president that hasnt had a press conffernce, plans no state of the union, is letting the border issues go out of control to the point even some of the media is starting to notice and criticize both issues.

It feels like the way the press is starting to turn a little --an orchestrated kamala takeover is happening sooner rather then later. seems like nancys little play back in October might actually have been to explore the waters for a move this year

Why would Speaker Pelosi unveil legislation 25 days before the election to establish a commission under the 25th Amendment to decide presidental fitness?

Far as trump goes I think hes too narcissitic and egotistical not to seek the office again.

3+ years is a long time though but my money is if hes healthy he runs against president heels up

personally i wish it was desantis or cotton or noem

Comment

• I'm impressed that Strangelove knows about the Book of Revelations ...
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• DSL thinks the Book of Revelations is about Prince and his former band...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I love Two Corinthians. Totally my favorite Bible book.

Comment

• And neither one will marry you?

Comment

• I read the book of revelations and found it not very revealing at all.

Just kidding, I didn’t read it.

Comment

• Spoiler alert: the Dems blame Trump

Comment

Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz - I didn't know you were an author
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme. Change my mind.
                      May well be.

It depends on whether you believe they will have a use (to purchase real things). Bitcoin took off when Paypal and some others like Tesla said folks could use them to purchase real goods. It seems to me that this run-up in Bitcoin is more similar to the tulip bulb bubble in Holland than it is to a classic pyramid scheme. I don't think bitcoin needs new buyers to pay returns to those who got into bitcoin earlier. If you hold your bitcoin today, that is really "buying" it today. I think most bitcoin owners hold it because it "might go up...".

More importantly, people used to be able to use whatever medium of exchange they wanted if the buyer and seller agreed. Legal tender meant that the seller had to accept governmentally backed fiat money. It seems to me that the level of taxation that is necessary to hold inflation at bay (under the new monetary theory) would require the government to know the ownership of bitcoin so it can be taxed (denying the most appealing part of cryptocurrencies). The "need" to heavily tax the public to pay for the grotesque spending we have seen so far gives government at all levels the incentive to destroy the value of cryptos.

Not to belabor the point, Hanni, but you and I surely agree that we have way too much government in our lives right now. Wait until systemic racism is declared a health emergency and everything is done by executive order. We didn't think reparations were coming, but they are here in this "Covid" bill. Black farmers receive benefits from the government based only on skin color. Whites need not apply.

Finally, notice how the woke supremacists on this board deal with elementary students chanting to an Aztec god. Or how they deal with specific exhortations to kill white Christians. No argument at all. Just deflection. Conservatives want to talk about issues. The only issue the woke care about is hatred of conservatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        I love Two Corinthians. Totally my favorite Bible book.
                        What verse?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

What verse?
                          It's a reference to 2016 campaign Trump. Not being serious.

Comment

• He likes the one where Jesus, played by Ricardo Montalban, talks of the rich second Corinthian leather.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

May well be.

It depends on whether you believe they will have a use (to purchase real things). Bitcoin took off when Paypal and some others like Tesla said folks could use them to purchase real goods. It seems to me that this run-up in Bitcoin is more similar to the tulip bulb bubble in Holland than it is to a classic pyramid scheme. I don't think bitcoin needs new buyers to pay returns to those who got into bitcoin earlier. If you hold your bitcoin today, that is really "buying" it today. I think most bitcoin owners hold it because it "might go up...".

More importantly, people used to be able to use whatever medium of exchange they wanted if the buyer and seller agreed. Legal tender meant that the seller had to accept governmentally backed fiat money. It seems to me that the level of taxation that is necessary to hold inflation at bay (under the new monetary theory) would require the government to know the ownership of bitcoin so it can be taxed (denying the most appealing part of cryptocurrencies). The "need" to heavily tax the public to pay for the grotesque spending we have seen so far gives government at all levels the incentive to destroy the value of cryptos.

Not to belabor the point, Hanni, but you and I surely agree that we have way too much government in our lives right now. Wait until systemic racism is declared a health emergency and everything is done by executive order. We didn't think reparations were coming, but they are here in this "Covid" bill. Black farmers receive benefits from the government based only on skin color. Whites need not apply.

Finally, notice how the woke supremacists on this board deal with elementary students chanting to an Aztec god. Or how they deal with specific exhortations to kill white Christians. No argument at all. Just deflection. Conservatives want to talk about issues. The only issue the woke care about is hatred of conservatives.
                              Pyramid scheme was a bad choice of words on my part. Bubble fits better and I think that the tulip bulb bubble is a good analogy. Whatever the case, the value that you get from cashing out can only come from new investors. A zero some game. Bitcoin is valued highly right now simply because people are pouring money into it. Like tulip bulbs, there appears to be a small amount of intrinsic value with bitcoin, but it is likely a tiny portion of where it is trading now.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                He likes the one where Jesus, played by Ricardo Montalban, talks of the rich second Corinthian leather.
                                That one's good but the later verse, where he's on an island letting B-list celebrities indulge in their private fantasies, is even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X