No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it take tragedy like 911 to make us one people, one country, one common good ? We've seemingly become a nation that relishes division for division's sake.

Living off the grid keeps looking better and better.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It's also hard to imagine that just last January we had the Covington kids getting slandered by entire left-wing media apparatus because MAGA!, and the story of Jussie Smollet being pimped by the entire left-wing media apparatus because MAGA!

One year ago. Two massive stories. Two clear narratives pushed by the Ds and their agents. And welp....
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We've seemingly become a nation that relishes division for division's sake.
        I think you may romanticize a harmonious past. It was never that. We're probably at high-water mark for outright hatred -- a study I saw had about 20% Ds and 15% Rs agreeing with really awful statements (the country would be better off if every R/D was dead -- agree or disagree).

But, partisanship is part and parcel to the Constitutional Republic the Founders constructed. They may not have wanted it. They may have feared it. But it was inevitable from 1789.

Fortunately, we live in a time where we are so fucking well off and so fucking secure that we can expend a fuckton of resources on the minutia of partisanship.

Comment

• It's only January, but this will likely be my favorite clip of the year. Well, non-sports clip. Adios, EU! The whole thing is great, but the last 90 seconds are just fantastic.

Nigel Farage’s final speech at the EU ended very dramatically when he was cut off for ‘disobeying the rules’ ahead of the Brexit withdrawal agreement vote.#N...
          Last edited by iam416; January 30, 2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• When Bernie gets elected, one of the first things he'll do is sign an Executive Order banning exportation of crude oil. A nice homage to his Venezuelan masters.

Elizabeth Warren, of course, will sign an EO banning fracking. That ought to play well in Pennsylvania.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              In other world news, PDJT proposed a peace deal for Palestine and Israel. Hopefully the Palestinians and their Hamas masters will listen. LOL. Not much play in the press. Of course, the Ds generally support Hamas and Iran over anything PDJT says or does, but that's hard for them to say in an election year. And, of course, the Ds are quite comfortable housing and ELECTING anti-semites, so the party's support for Palestine and Hamas and their Iranian backers ought to surprise no one. BTW, WW3, yet?
              The peace plan is basically a one-state solution that's mostly plagiarized from proposals Netanyahu has thrown up over the years. The Palestinians for the most part don't get much of anything. All "security" would be run by Israel, meaning no Palestinian police or army of anything like that. So they wouldn't really be a sovereign state. They'd be a segregated enclave completely surrounded by Israel with the power to determine local issues and not much else. If I'm wrong you can point it out but I don't believe they'd have any rights to vote in Israeli elections. Best of both worlds for Israel. No truly independent Palestinian state and Israel doesn't have to grant citizenship to any of them.

All settlements will remain but new ones frozen for four year. What happens after that is vague. No property will be returned to any Palestinians. No right to return for any Palestinians either. Also Israel gets all parts of Jerusalem inside the security wall or whatever it's called -- they've made a big deal that this so-called "state" of Palestine would be allowed to claim Jerusalem as its capital -- which means all of Old Jerusalem and the portions of the city with any religious significance would be turned over, permanently, to Israel.

I mean, the reality on the ground is such that maybe the Palestinians should just accept it. They have no backers anymore but Iran and Iran proxies. No one cares anymore. But it's not a magnanimous deal. It's a bend the knee and kiss my ring kinda deal. But other than choosing cultural suicide they might not have a choice.

Will Netanyahu be arrested as soon as he lands back in Israel btw?

Comment

• I mean, the reality on the ground is such that maybe the Palestinians should just accept it
                Reality doesn't factor in with Hamas. Never has.

Will Netanyahu be arrested as soon as he lands back in Israel btw?
                Not an expert on Israeli incarceration or police procedure. I can say, definitively, that I don't care one lick either way.

Comment

• Drug overdoses are down for the first time in nearly two decades. Another win for PDJT!

The number of drug overdoses deaths dropped 4.1 percent in 2018, according to data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Comment

It's only January, but this will likely be my favorite clip of the year. Well, non-sports clip. Adios, EU! The whole thing is great, but the last 90 seconds are just fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgmfpHBiDw
                    Farage is a joke. Can't even get elected to Parliament in the country whose flag he's waving like a dipshit. So he's been making a living as a member of an organization he hates for 2+ decades instead.

Little flags for a little people. Bon voyage!

Comment

Drug overdoses are down for the first time in nearly two decades. Another win for PDJT!

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...y-two-decades/
                      Crime is down in New York City once again as well! Another big win for PDJT!!!

Comment

• The tertiary benefits of PDJT's record-setting economy are amazing.

Comment

• I can't believe I missed this -- Elizabeth Warren will sign an EO banning political speech that is is "disinformation". She, or her appointed panel of technocrats, will get to decide what is disinformation.

Those are today's Ds. We're 1 step closer to outright re-education camps, which we know Bernie field workers want.

Comment

• He inherited a strong economy with unemployment below 5% and took it down another 1-1.5% lower. All by closely supervising the management of the economy, day and night, for the past 3 years. Perhaps the greatest achievement ever committed by an organic life form.

Comment

• Take a bow, President Trump! You have done it again!

CHICAGO — The city is touting three consecutive years of a decline in gun violence with a significant drop in murders. According to Chicago police, gun violence is down for a third consecutive year…

Comment

• Little flags for a little people. Bon voyage!
                                Bon voyage indeed! Time to see if the alarmist predictions of doom by your ilk come to fruition.

Comment

Working...
                                X