Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    The thing that concerns me is the increase in border crossings.

6% in January, 28% in February, and on track to be 113% in March. It’s exponential. And no doubt the illegals feel emboldened because they believe Biden will not stop them and allow them citizenship without having to wait through the process.
    It's almost as if declaring that the bird feeder is open for business attracts more birds.

Comment

• That's crazy talk!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The best thing DeSantis and few others did was getting kids back to school and doing so without any discernibly negative Covid results. Doing his best to keep the economy going was good, too. But, the schools -- that's a total victory that his detractors would be forced to ignore. If they were to actually address it then they'd have to give him credit.

Hard to imagine The Media put the white hat on Cuomo and villainized DeSantis. It's almost as if they had an agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Hard to imagine The Media put the white hat on Cuomo and villainized DeSantis.
          What's really amazing is how quickly they put the black hat onto Cuomo. Truly amazing. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when that was decided by the power brokers who control that conversation.

Comment

• A great article on The Media's "kids in cages" hypocrisy: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...-is-in-office/

Of note, PDJT's "family separation' policy was in effect from April to June of 2018. He rescinded it under well-earned political pressure and a federal judge issued an injunction against it.

Then, in July 2019, more than a year later, the House Democrats held a hearing literally entitled: Kids in Cages: Inhumane Treatment at the Border (https://oversight.house.gov/legislat...-at-the-border). This was in response to yet another waive of illegal immigration and the resulting detention of unaccompanied minors.

So, to be clear, there was the family separation issue in 2018 and then the border crisis in 2019 (and other years). But, the "kids in cages" had nothing to do with child seperation (that was no longer in effect). It was IDENTICAL to what Obama did before PDJT and what Biden is doing now. The only difference, of course, is that now it's "Teens in facilities like jails."

As I noted, I don't much care that politician are raging hypocrites. I expect that. And most people acknowledge that. It's a little more concerning that The Media is so clearly in the tank for one side. Not enough people know that, but thanks to PDJT and, TBH, thanks to their own sheer brazen coverage, more and more people are wise to it.

I find it hilarious that some Progs out there just can't acknowledge the FACTS. Whether it's this or DeSantis or virtually anything on race or....I mean, any issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

What's really amazing is how quickly they put the black hat onto Cuomo. Truly amazing. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when that was decided by the power brokers who control that conversation.
              He's a total dick who had outlived his political usefulness in state where the Ds have absolutel control. People hate him. He was a useful foil to PDJT and other reckless governors who were killing people with reckless policies -- LMMFAO. But, PDJT is no longer President. Cuomo's shelf life is up. And the Ds get to choose who replaces him. This isn't Georgia or North Carolina where this sort of disaster would likely cost the Ds power. Nah, they run NY with an iron fist. So, there's no real need for party unity now that PDJT is gone.

And, of course, The Media has gone along with it the whole way.

All that said, I gotta say -- I crack a little smile every time I read about him. He really does seem like a total asshat.

Comment

• This can't be emphasized enough. Between Covid and the riots, 2020 was a look behind the media curtain. They can't even be accused of having a liberal editorial slant, they are just full blown activists at this point.

Comment

• CDC's Walenski made a statement yesterday that attempts to link rising case numbers in Europe to, what she termed, "taking their eye off the ball." This is baseless. European countries have, in general, had comparatively more restrictive mitigation measures than other countries. She goes on to state she sees videos of maskless spring breakers here in the US implying that this kind of behavior is jeopardizing progress made in the US v. COVID and the situation in Europe should be a "red flag" to Americans ..... or, she exorts us to stay in our basements and continue to hibernate.

The problem in Europe with rising case numbers compared to the UK, US, Israel, the UAE, Chile and now a rapidly increasing club of countries that have focused on vaccinating citizens instead of locking them down is the debacle that is the EUC's vaccine procurement and distribution programs. Now the anti-science stupidity of halting the use of a perfectly safe AZ vaccine product is further complicating vaccine roll-out.

This is, IMO, irrefutable. Most Americans are smart enough to see how blatantly erroneous public health warnings like this are. The typical reaction to them is to reject all reasonable precautionary/mitigation COVID measures. That's not helpful.

The director of the CDC, Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, issued a warning to Americans on Monday. “We have seen footage of people enjoying spring break festivities maskless,” she said. “Equally concerning are the resurgences we are now seeing in some European countries, countries that have had strikingly similar surges during the pandemic as the United States.”
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    This can't be emphasized enough. Between Covid and the riots, 2020 was a look behind the media curtain. They can't even be accused of having a liberal editorial slant, they are just full blown activists at this point.
                    Correct.

Comment

• Correct, Jeff.

I don't think there is any doubt that PDJT's Operation Warp Speed clearly bested the EU when it comes to vaccination. He basically turned over to Biden the keys to a Lamboghini. And, of course, Biden is trying to convince us that it was actually Pinto.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I find it hilarious that some Progs out there just can't acknowledge the FACTS. Whether it's this or DeSantis or virtually anything on race or....I mean, any issue.

The only fact that needs to be known is that, if I'm a kid and break the law, and get caught, I will get thrown into a "sort of jail" and my parents will get called to pick me up. There will be consequences- if my parents don't kick my ass straight then I should get used to prison life and hope that a higher authority than the U.S. Government grants me salvation.

It just seems like there's something shady going on down near the southern border..

Comment

• Interactive map of where the $360 Billion in state and local government Covid relief is going.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Embed/in...ue&theme=light

Comment

• It just seems like there's something shady going on down near the southern border..
                            There is. Its the influx of new Democrat voters.

If the illegal immigrants tended to vote R or have conservative values, the Dems would be sending the National Guard to stem the flow.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Illegal immigrants don't vote. Jesus.

Who Can and Can’t Vote in U.S. Elections

You must be a U.S. citizen to vote in federal, state, or local elections.
                              Who Can Vote?

You can vote in U.S. elections if you:Who CAN’T Vote?
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Teens in facilities like jails.

Comment

Working...
                                X