Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Who the F cares? Do DJT’s beliefs matter any more? I thought he lost.

I keep thinking that sooner or later Ds will have to defend Chairman Joe instead of blathering about DJT, but I may be wrong. There is, I think, no limit to the DJT obsession.
    Direct your hate and your potty mouth, my poor anger-riddled fellow, to Charles Cooke, c/o The National Review, formerly known as the Voice of God in these parts. And he's far from the only conservative to discuss this today.

Meanwhile Honest Joe Biden is doing a good job. Economy is strong, the nation is strong, his poll numbers are strong.

Comment

• It still astounds me that white liberals think black folks are incapable of following rudimentary rules. I mean, I guess white liberals have been infantalizing black folks for years.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Direct your hate and your potty mouth, my poor anger-riddled fellow, to Charles Cooke, c/o The National Review, formerly known as the Voice of God in these parts. And he's far from the only conservative to discuss this today.

Meanwhile Honest Joe Biden is doing a good job. Economy is strong, the nation is strong, his poll numbers are strong.
        No need to get defensive. Own your obsession like your cohorts here do.
        Last edited by iam416; June 3, 2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Cooke does exactly say it matters in the article, all you have to do is read it.
          Donald Trump really does believe that he, along with two former GOP senators, will be ‘reinstated’ to office this summer.
          Last edited by froot loops; June 3, 2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I guess the Prog obsession with DJT will last until he dies and probably well past that, I guess that’s easier than defending Chairman Joe. I have my answer. I’m a little surprised DSL is following the trail, but otherwise I already knew the answer.

Meanwhile we have a President laughably referring to early voting rules as Jim Crow on Steroids and laughably referring to some sort of fictional present day “white supremacy.” And, lol — it’s the Rs fighting the culture wars.
            I cannot begin to count the number of times Charles Cooke, Jonah Goldberg, or anyone at the National Review have been cited by The Talent as infallible authority on any issue and his response to Charles Cooke writing an article about Trump being a lunatic is: WHY WON'T THE DEMS STOP TALKING ABOUT TRUMP?? It's not like he's still the dominant force in the Republican Party!!"

Comment

• Awful. At least there are some facts in your post via the quote.

Comment

Cooke didn’t say it mattered, just that it was accurate. No need to get defensive. Own your obsession like your cohorts here do.
                We all know you are desperate to be able to vote Republican in 2024 and therefore are extremely inclined to pretend that Trump no longer matters, he is powerless, and no one in your party listens to him. There's zero truth to that, of course, but whatever you need to tell yourself to still feel like the Republican Party has even a shred of dignity at this point...

Comment

• Why would I have any problem voting for an R in 2024? I don’t understand. But, it seems you’re in the land of make-believe, so, ok.

Comment

• I guess I can get back to Defund The Police. God knows the Ds bend the knee to BLM. I think the Ds win big on that. As noted, they crushed that NM election and ran strong in Texas. Hard not to see them picking up 25 seats in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Cooke does exactly say it matters in the article, all you have to do is read it.
                      Talent edited his post to remove his claim that Cooke thinks it doesn't matter.

There's literally a line in Cooke's article that says "They [conservatives] should understand why this matters too".

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Comment

• Comment

• Why is Jonah talking about Trump as if he matters? Doesn't he realize America is a total disaster under Biden?

Comment

• To repeat points re actual policy and actual politics, Chairman Joe tabbed Kamala as the best person ever to fix the border crisis that was so bad he refused to give the media access. Which, of course, is no big deal because democracy doesn’t die in darkness. Anyway, Kamala has yet to visit the border, the crisis and blackout persists and Politico, of all places, reported Kamala wants nothing to do with that trainwreck.

So, now Chairman Joe has put her in charge of The Party’s efforts the take over all elections because, e.g., Georgia only allows something like 20 days of early voting. That, you’ll recall, isn’t just Jim Crow — it’s JIM CROW ON STEROIDS. Straight from Chairman Joe’s mouth.

The Chairman is also trying figure out a way to pass his “infrastructure” bill that is not even close to half infrastructure. Further, it’s another idiotic, non-targeted money dump. But, Rs may go along with him on the actual infrastructure parts, money dump or not.

Finally, jobs report should be out soon. Thanks to efforts by some red states to disincentivize sitting on your ass, it should be better than April. CPI is in a week or so. I’m not as optimistic that will be better than April.

The upside is that the economy the Chairman inherited is still strong and the post-COVID bump should be real. And, thanks be to god, there’s no chance the filibuster goes by the wayside. The Ds can use reconciliation once more this year and once next year. So, hopefully, we can mostly hit “do no harm” re big tickets.

Other administrative issues will absolutely get hammered. But, such is life. Call it out. Make it an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Talent edited his post to remove his claim that Cooke thinks it doesn't matter.

There's literally a line in Cooke's article that says "They [conservatives] should understand why this matters too".

Embarrassed Shame GIF
                              Correct. His original post (which you linked) — which is what I read — was truncated. I didn’t read his amended version. I trust you agree with everything he says in that post. If you agree with all he says and all the reasons why he says it matters then I’ll change my mind.

Last edited by iam416; June 3, 2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• If that unemployment report is strong tomorrow (today's ADP numbers hint that it could be) you're going to need at least three articles about critical race theory to balance out the good news

Comment

Working...
                                X