No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would guess Lindell and Wood are the true believers and Flynn and Powell are the sharks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Don't worry, Froot, if Trump marches on Washington and overthrows the government in another Coup d'etat, you can always retreat to the Cry Box that your overlords built for you.

🤣🤣🤣

359d5a80-bf91-11eb-bd72-97f13807be55-1.jpg?w=1024&ssl=1.jpg
      You might need that Chief. Trump has been deplatformed again!
      The page "From the Desk of Donald J. Trump" was "just auxiliary to the broader efforts" we have and are working on," Trump aide Jason Miller said.

Comment

• The former president’s interest has been fueled by conversations he has had with an array of figures who have publicly touted false claims of election fraud, among them a host for the One America News network.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

So are Mike Lindell, Mike Flynn, Sydney Powell, and Lin Wood true believers, or are they just exploiting the thousands and thousands of Republican voters that actually believe in QAnon prophecies?
          I’m glad that we have established that QAnon theories are similar in nature and caliber to the nonsense being printed n Vanity Fair, The Washington Post, and CNN. About Russia conspiracy theories. Which have significantly less direct evidence of their existence than Nov election night shenanigans.
          Last edited by Hannibal; June 3, 2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

You might need that Chief. Trump has been deplatformed again!
            Can you please get me a job as a serf for the new feudalism so that I can see one of those robopsychologists in the cry booths that Jeff Bezos has provided for you?
            Last edited by Hannibal; June 3, 2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• The Trump campaign was aware of Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 Presidential campaign and intended to benefit from those efforts. That was written into the Mueller report plain as day.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Can you please get me a job as a serf for the new feudalism so that I can see one of those robopsychologiistain the cry booths that Jeff Bezos has providednfor you.
                A chronic complainer like you would use that cry booth on your first shift. You wouldn't make it 10 hours, the job would be too hard for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I would guess Lindell and Wood are the true believers and Flynn and Powell are the sharks.
                  All four are the leading lights of the GOP. They have Trump's ear and the GOP is slavishly devoted to him. Nobody else matters.

Comment

• I disagree that those are the “leading lights” of the R party. They are fringe kooks like the squad on the left.

Comment

• Ivermectin....Thats all you need to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        I disagree that those are the “leading lights” of the R party. They are fringe kooks like the squad on the left.
                        If only The Squad as fringe.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Biden promises to send extra vaccine doses to other countries in beginning of May -- starting in May and into June. Here we are and Biden now promoises to have a plan to distribute the vaccines globally within a few weeks. Eh, time isn't really of the essence with this thing. https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second

These are the people who want more and more control of everything. JFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                            Ivermectin....Thats all you need to know.
                            Probably no worse than sticking a light bulb up your ass or drinking bleach...

​​​​​​

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures.13 However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.14,15 Even though ivermectin appears to accumulate in the lung tissue, predicted systemic plasma and lung tissue concentrations are much lower than 2 µM, the half-maximal inhibitory concentration (IC50) against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro.16-19 Subcutaneous administration of ivermectin 400 µg/kg had no effect on SARS-CoV-2 viral loads in hamsters. However, there was a reduction in olfactory deficit (measured using a food-finding test) and a reduction in the interleukin (IL)-6:IL-10 ratio in lung tissues.

the results of several randomized trials and retrospective cohort studies of ivermectin use in patients with COVID-19 have been published in peer-reviewed journals or have been made available as manuscripts ahead of peer review. Some clinical studies showed no benefits or worsening of disease after ivermectin use,21-24 whereas others reported shorter time to resolution of disease manifestations that were attributed to COVID-19,25-28 greater reduction in inflammatory marker levels,26,27 shorter time to viral clearance,21,26 or lower mortality rates in patients who received ivermectin than in patients who received comparator drugs or placebo.21,26,28

However, most of these studies had incomplete information and significant methodological limitations, which make it difficult to exclude common causes of bias. These limitations include:
                            • The sample size of most of the trials was small.
                            • Various doses and schedules of ivermectin were used.
                            • Some of the randomized controlled trials were open-label studies in which neither the participants nor the investigators were blinded to the treatment arms.
                            • Patients received various concomitant medications (e.g., doxycycline, hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, zinc, corticosteroids) in addition to ivermectin or the comparator drug. This confounded the assessment of the efficacy or safety of ivermectin.
                            • The severity of COVID-19 in the study participants was not always well described.
                            • The study outcome measures were not always clearly defined.

Because most of these studies have significant limitations, the Panel cannot draw definitive conclusions on the clinical efficacy of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide further guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• There are insufficient data for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.
                              I'm not sure how one uses that link to argue decisively either way. As I understand it from much more recent links, the above is still true -- clinical studies are still ongoing and, ergo, there is still insufficient data re invermectin as a treatment for Covid.

I do not know if there are clinical studies being done on sticking a light bulb up your ass or drinking bleach as a way to treat Covid.
                              Last edited by iam416; June 3, 2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Wasn't arguing either way. Just pointing out what I found concerning the latest miracle cure.

I hope the shit works and I guess we'll see after some solid studies are done. At the time that this was printed, it didn't look as if there was enough data to make a judgement. It appears that is still the case.

I guess you could forgo getting a vaccination that has shown to be effective for the hope that if you come down with covid you could take massive doses of an unproven drug to stave it off.

Right now, it looks as if it is marginally more effective than sticking a light bulb up your ass. Of course, YMMV

Comment

Working...
                                X