No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota Senator Kevin Cramer says he suffered a serious hand injury while doing yard work and may have his right hand amputated. Yikes

Comment

• New poll out of New Hampshire shows why Trump may declare for reelection before the end of summer....DeSantis has completely closed the gap with him in 8 months and is now slightly preferred by NH Republicans.

Same poll shows DeSantis beating or tying Biden in a potential race but Trump losing to him by 7 points.

"DeSantis Tied With Trump for 2024 GOP Presidential Nomination in NH; R" by UNH Survey Center

Comment

• Yeah, it's gonna be a super-interesting primary. I really don't see DeSantis deferring to DJT on this one. And we all know DJT can dominate a crowded primary with his immovable 33-35% plurarlity, but I'm not sure he beats DeSantis straight up in a 1v1. And it's gonna be a 1v1, IMO. I don't see many other viable candidates out there. None that beat either DJT or DeSantis.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Aftermath of January 6th vs. aftermath of summer riot...
          Attached Files
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yep. Pretty comparable.

fuckin' Del Rio
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Let's just wait until gas prices hit $20/gallon before we start talking about the 2024 Primaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                  Let's just wait until gas prices hit $20/gallon before we start talking about the 2024 Primaries.
                  But Biden supports suspending the Federal Gas Tax of $.18 cents for the summer!!

I can't wait!!!!
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    New poll out of New Hampshire shows why Trump may declare for reelection before the end of summer....DeSantis has completely closed the gap with him in 8 months and is now slightly preferred by NH Republicans.

Same poll shows DeSantis beating or tying Biden in a potential race but Trump losing to him by 7 points.

"DeSantis Tied With Trump for 2024 GOP Presidential Nomination in NH; R" by UNH Survey Center
                    New hampshire must be one effed up state if they want this clown back in office

Comment

• The link below looks at 3 possible scenarios that outline outcomes in Putin's war. It's already about a month old but in reading current events in the battle space, I'd guess scenarios one and two as being the most likely ones.

Despite what I believe are accurate reports of poor morale among Russian troops, logistics issues and chotic command structures in Eastern Ukraine contributing to the apparent slowness of territorial gains around the key cities of Severdonestsk and Luhansk, Russian progress in Severdonetsk is occurring with most of the city, save an industrial area in the SE corner of the city, is reportedly under "Russian control." What that actually means is not clearly understood. The Russian troops and their tactics are not well suited for urban warfare. The Russian response is to level everything then move the limited number of soldiers and armor they actually have fighting, onto the ruble. Is this a victory? Putin will characterize it that way and the media will report it as such.

The Russian army can move more rapidly (and even that is slow) over the country side and occupy small villages leading into Luhansk. As in all key cities in the Donbas, its taken a long time - months - for the Russians to claim a "victory" over them and these "victories" have been enormously costly in terms of soldiers killed or rendered injured and out of action and equipment damaged or destroyed.

Putin is likely to claim some level of "mission accomplished" and possibly seek a cease fire once his army establishes some kind of control in Severdonetsk and Luhansk. That may happen by mid July. I don't think that will bring the two parties to the negotiating table. Ukraine won't accept Putin's claims, wish for a cease fire and will fight on. As long as Western arms and money are flowing into Ukraine, Ukraine's regular and partisan resistance will be a pain in the ass for Putin. This will be especially true in the Kherson, Zaphorisa, Mykoliv Oblasts where the Ukrainian forces took advantage of the Russian focus on the Donbas and have made gains. Outside of Crimea, there is zero support for Russian administration replacing the Ukrainians. As long as that area remains contested and Odesa remains in Ukrainian hands, Zelenski will fight on and he will have the unwavering support of Ukrainian citizens even as public and possibly political support from the west for continuing the war will wane.

Parts of each of the scenarios end-games presented in the linked article make some sense, e.g., the conflict dragging out for a long time and causing global economic and political pain, esp. in affected agriculture and energy sectors. I'd add that the longer the war goes on, the higher the likelihood of NATO on Russia engagements. Western powers in this war are more than worried about provoking Putin and, IMO, this limits willingness to intervene with NATO combat to stop Putin's war. NATO could do that and win decisively but doing so would raise the threat of a nuclear exchange to levels higher than planners are likely willing to accept. That probably puts compromising peace seekers, like France, among others, that will pressure the Zelenski government to accept the loss of some territory in the driver's seat. A credible argument can be made that's fine. I won't argue from that viewpoint. Putin needs to lose his gambit but a soft landing is necessary.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Guns bill will pass the Senate. I assume the House too unless the Progs have lost their minds
                        Fnally! Common sense gun control that deprives citizens of their right to bear arms without due process or committing a crime!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Yeah, it's gonna be a super-interesting primary. I really don't see DeSantis deferring to DJT on this one. And we all know DJT can dominate a crowded primary with his immovable 33-35% plurarlity, but I'm not sure he beats DeSantis straight up in a 1v1. And it's gonna be a 1v1, IMO. I don't see many other viable candidates out there. None that beat either DJT or DeSantis.
                          The one unknown risk here is what does Trump do if DeSantis runs against him and WINS? It's assuming a lot that Trump goes quietly into the night instead what he's done his entire life when he loses: thrown a fit and tell anyone that'll listen that he was cheated out of rightful victory.

Comment

• From a Republican pollster

Oz's favorability numbers are incredibly bad. Someone else tweeted that he is underwater among all three groups, Dems, Independents, AND Republicans.

I also saw that among all 50 states, Pennsylvania has one of the highest % of people who have lived in their home state all their lives. So the fact that Oz is a blatant carpet bagger could potentially hurt him more there than in, say, Georgia or Florida where lots of people are from somewhere else originally.

EDIT: I just noticed that Oz is less popular than Biden too, lol, so yeah pretty bad

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 22, 2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Oz will need a biblical red tsunami. His fundamental numbers are terrible and he has no ability to materially change them. His only morbid hope is that his opponent’s health fails.

He’s a fucking trash candidate that is the direct result of DJT and his bottomless pit of vanity and bad judgment.

Comment

• It’s remarkable, to me, that the Rs have a massive opportunity to beat back the Progs in two successive elections and, yet, they will almost surely fail to maximize their moment because of DJT. It’s remarkable because of the dickbrains that maintain undying fealty to the man are most likely the hardcore that want victory so badly, and, yet…

Comment

Working...
                                X